- 27 September 2014: The following changes have been made:
- Fixed issue where moodlets and emotions stayed stuck when you configure the decay to slow down.
- New feature! Typing "debug.motives.decaytofile" will show you the raw decay values for each need, and then outputs all of it into a file. To see the file path, scroll to the bottom of the cheat console output.
What else is there to say about this mod? It's pretty self-explanatory. You can set the decay for your motives as a percentage of the normal rate.
new version of this mod will give you a few commands you can use to manage your decay rate.
- motives.decay [percentage] - Modify decay for your sims to be a certain percentage of the normal rate. "motives.decay 100" will give you the normal rate. "motives.decay 0" will eliminate decay. "motives.decay 70" will set the decay to 70 percent of the normal rate.
- motives.showdecay - This will show you what your current decay percentage is.
This is a "set it and forget it" mod. In other words, once you type a command, the new decay percentage is saved into a special file created by the mod so you don't have to type the command ever again! Once you find your sweet spot, that's where your motive decay will be the next time you load the game.
Do not extract the zip file!!
Just plop it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods directory. Do not forget to enable script mods by going into your game options under "Other" and filling the box next to "Script mods".
If TS4 is ignoring the mod, that could happen for a couple of reasons:
1: You may have extracted the files in the ZIP. To install scripted mods, the PYO files must remain inside of the zip
file at all times. No extraction is necessary. Plop the zip
file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder.
2: You have not yet enabled scripting mods. In this case, go to your options menu (the three dots) and navigate to Game Options > Other > Script mods
. The box next to "Script mods"
should be filled.
3: You are not using the latest update of The Sims 4. In order for this mod to work, you need to be using at least the September 9th patch. There was a bug in the game that completely ignored non-replacement script mods. This mod is one of those (i.e. it doesn't replace an entire in-game module).
4: If you have the 9/9 patch and it's still ignoring the mod, restart your game without any mods (including Resource.cfg), stop the game (again), put the mods back in, then start it again (in short: Start Sims 4 with an empty mods folder, then start it with mods again). This was a problem that really annoyed me when I was developing, but it so happens that Sims 4 retains behavior from before the 9/9 patch if you don't do this.
5: There could be a conflicting mod with this one. Try the game with only this mod loaded and see if it works. Post which other mods you run here so that I may test them and find out how I can make them compatible, if there are any compatibility issues.
I hope this helps!!
Relationship decay mod