Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on Yesterday at 4:46 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Picked upload! More Columns in CAS v1.6

by weerbesu Posted 24th Jun 2015 at 9:18 PM - Updated 13th Nov 2017 at 9:16 PM by weerbesu
468 Comments / replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Changelog
Version 1.6: 11/09/2017
  • Updated for game version 1.36.102 (Nov 9 patch).
  • Added support for Create A Pet.

Description
This mod increases the number of columns in CAS. Two flavours of the mod are available: 3 columns, and 4 columns.

Warning
If your game's resolution is too low, the UI might be cut off of the screen. I don't recommend using the 3 column flavor if your resolution is lower than 1280x720, or the 4 column flavor if your resolution is lower than 1600x900.
Please note that if you have Cats & Dogs, a slighter higher resolution may be required for all columns to be shown in Create A Pet.

Compatibility
v1.6 is built with game version 1.36.102
v1.5 is built with game version 1.26.96
v1.4 is built with game version 1.19.28
v1.3 is built with game version 1.15.55
v1.2 is built with game version 1.9.80
v1.1 is built with game version 1.8.61

Conflicts
This mod overrides the following files and will conflict with other mods that also modify these files.

S4_62ECC59A_00000000_DF09D526F4C77B95
S4_62ECC59A_00000000_89D13757C58C2E05

Additional Credits
S4pe
Tags: #CAS

Type: CAS Mods Other

You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.1.zip | Description: Built with version 1.8.61 183.2 KB 59,229 24th Jun 2015
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.1.zip | Description: Built with version 1.8.61 183.2 KB 62,663 24th Jun 2015
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.2.zip | Description: Built with version 1.9.80 184.4 KB 22,485 9th Jul 2015
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.2.zip | Description: Built with version 1.9.80 184.4 KB 33,582 9th Jul 2015
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.3.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.15.55 194.0 KB 19,596 5th Feb 2016
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.3.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.15.55 194.0 KB 26,879 5th Feb 2016
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.4.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.19.28 307.5 KB 37,224 3rd Jun 2016
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.4.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.19.28 307.5 KB 62,630 3rd Jun 2016
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.5.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.26.96 303.8 KB 101,494 12th Jan 2017
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.5.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.26.96 303.8 KB 200,107 12th Jan 2017
More_CAS_Columns_(3_Columns)_v1.6.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.36.102 748.1 KB 61,016 10th Nov 2017
More_CAS_Columns_(4_Columns)_v1.6.zip | Description: Built with game version 1.36.102 748.1 KB 106,224 10th Nov 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) Ė sub-folders nested any deeper wonít work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 18 of 19
468 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 234 Feedback Posts, 204 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#426 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 9:54 PM
THANK YOU!!! I have been trying to figure out why my CAS wouldn't work, and it was because my favorite mod was outdated...So thank you for updating this!!!<3<3
Test Subject
#427 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMansChest
Is it possible to fix that spacing bug where items start to go way off-screen when using items with high swatch counts?

is *that* what causes that bug? i've been trying to figure out why that was happening for ages. i kept looking for a mod conflict, or anything and couldn't figure out what was causing the columns to start to shift out of alignment i guess the solution is to get rid of my clothing with a high swatch count?
Test Subject
#428 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:40 PM
It can be used for 1.36.104.1020?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#429 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMansChest
Is it possible to fix that spacing bug where items start to go way off-screen when using items with high swatch counts?


I donít use CC myself so Iíve never even seen this issue in my game. I feel like people should bring this issue up to EA first (I donít know if anyone has done so). If they allow items with that many swatches, then the UI should be able to show these items without any glitches.

ΔΤΔ
Test Subject
#430 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerbesu
I donít use CC myself so Iíve never even seen this issue in my game. I feel like people should bring this issue up to EA first (I donít know if anyone has done so). If they allow items with that many swatches, then the UI should be able to show these items without any glitches.

Can it be used for 1.36.104.1020?
Test Subject
#431 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:27 PM
I love your work my friend! Are you able to add even more columns like 6-10 columns? it will help a lot especiallys if you have more than 4000 mods and you have to look through within 2 columns lol Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#432 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 1:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGC31848
I love your work my friend! Are you able to add even more columns like 6-10 columns? it will help a lot especiallys if you have more than 4000 mods and you have to look through within 2 columns lol Thank you!


It might be counterproductive to have that many columns so I won't be adding more flavors.

Here's what my game looks like with 10 columns (running at 7680x3200 with uiscale set to 50). Pretty difficult to find anything as you see so many items at once.


ΔΤΔ
Scholar
#433 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerbesu
It might be counterproductive to have that many columns so I won't be adding more flavors.

Here's what my game looks like with 10 columns (running at 7680x3200 with uiscale set to 50). Pretty difficult to find anything as you see so many items at once.



That looks awesome haha. Though I think it'd give me a headache!

For crying out loud you frakking fekik!
Frelling trasta ko litbak!
Call me M-I-N-Z-Y (Minzy). ;)
More Downloads made by me!
Test Subject
#434 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 11:55 PM
FOR THOSE HAVING CAP COLUMN ISSUES:

If your CAP columns are going off screen, you can circumvent this by changing your UI scaling. Go to Your Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4 folder, open options.ini. Find where it says "uiscale". Change this number to anything between 100 and 200. I suggest 125. Counter intuitively, the larger the number, the smaller the UI elements. This will makes elements in CAS smaller and allow extra columns to appear properly.
Lab Assistant
#435 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 7:46 PM Last edited by AlHollandiyah : 28th Nov 2017 at 8:14 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerbesu
It might be counterproductive to have that many columns so I won't be adding more flavors.

Here's what my game looks like with 10 columns (running at 7680x3200 with uiscale set to 50). Pretty difficult to find anything as you see so many items at once.



I see in this image that the bar with "search filters" stretches as long as the columns. When I use the mod (4 column version) this bar is only above the first 2 columns, do you know how this is possible and/or if this can be fixed?

Also, with a GUI scale of more then 100 (I'm guessing you mean 150 not 50), also on your screenshot, there's a large blank area at the right of the CAS columns. That is probably caused by scaling, so I assume that probably can't be fixed right?

Screenshot:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#436 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 2:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHollandiyah
I see in this image that the bar with "search filters" stretches as long as the columns. When I use the mod (4 column version) this bar is only above the first 2 columns, do you know how this is possible and/or if this can be fixed?

Also, with a GUI scale of more then 100 (I'm guessing you mean 150 not 50), also on your screenshot, there's a large blank area at the right of the CAS columns. That is probably caused by scaling, so I assume that probably can't be fixed right?

Screenshot:



The length of the filter bar can be changed, but itíd be much more time-consuming to make (it needs to be written to dynamically adjust its length based on the context) so Iíve only done it in the personal version I use.

And no, I meant 50 (4 times as large as the normal UI), not 150. The large blank area is always there if you have extra screen space, since the number of columns is fixed & doesnít adjust based on how much space you have.

ΔΤΔ
Lab Assistant
#437 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 1:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerbesu
The length of the filter bar can be changed, but itíd be much more time-consuming to make (it needs to be written to dynamically adjust its length based on the context) so Iíve only done it in the personal version I use.

And no, I meant 50 (4 times as large as the normal UI), not 150. The large blank area is always there if you have extra screen space, since the number of columns is fixed & doesnít adjust based on how much space you have.


Would the blank space disappear if I make it 5 columns for example? Also, if 50 is 4 times larger, is 150 like 25% of 100? Or am I missing a logic here?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#438 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlHollandiyah
Would the blank space disappear if I make it 5 columns for example? Also, if 50 is 4 times larger, is 150 like 25% of 100? Or am I missing a logic here?


If there are enough columns then the blank space obviously won't be there. In your screenshot it seems like you're just a little short of having enough space for 5 columns, so using 5 columns might cause the scroll bar to get cut off from the screen.

When I say "4 times as large" I mean it in terms of the area, since both width and height are twice as big so we have (100/50)^2 = 4.

For 150 we have (100/150)^2 = 0.444, or 44.4% of 100.

ΔΤΔ
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#439 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 8:40 AM
Very good idea!
Test Subject
#440 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBinimbul
FOR THOSE HAVING CAP COLUMN ISSUES:

If your CAP columns are going off screen, you can circumvent this by changing your UI scaling. Go to Your Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4 folder, open options.ini. Find where it says "uiscale". Change this number to anything between 100 and 200. I suggest 125. Counter intuitively, the larger the number, the smaller the UI elements. This will makes elements in CAS smaller and allow extra columns to appear properly.

ive removed the 4 columns flavor from my game after so many bugs with swatches not showing up. im def gonna try this!
Test Subject
#441 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
will you be doing a new version for the December update?
Lab Assistant
#442 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstyLouisee95
will you be doing a new version for the December update?


Did you have problems with this mod? I have played yesterday and for me it works just fine with all of the latest patches!
Test Subject
#443 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:55 AM
I have the latest patch plus the Cats & Dogs Expansion and this mod works perfectly. Thank you!

You'll find me as IVIandy in a lot of MMORPG's, Xbox Live, DragonCave, or on the Minecraft forum.
Test Subject
#444 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 12:55 AM
Default resoluton
i am wondering what resoultuion is recommended in order to see all top tabs in CAS the only one not showing for me is swimwear thanks in advance love your work!
Test Subject
#445 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 9:52 PM
Would you by any chance be able to fix the issue when you're looking at something at the bottom of the list, say it has 30 swatches, but half of them get cut off and put below the bottom of your screen so you can't see nor select those other swatches?
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st Jan 2018 at 8:57 AM
This message has been deleted by chisomiscool.
Test Subject
#446 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:59 AM
does this work for v1.37.35
Test Subject
#447 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chisomiscool
does this work for v1.37.35
YUP! Just tried it. It does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#448 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
#449 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 12:12 AM
Default Help
Quote:
Originally Posted by weerbesu
I donít use CC myself so Iíve never even seen this issue in my game. I feel like people should bring this issue up to EA first (I donít know if anyone has done so). If they allow items with that many swatches, then the UI should be able to show these items without any glitches.
In my game the columns go off the screen and are much too wide. It also pushes the swimwear outfit off so I can't click the icon and make swimwear for my sims. If anyone knows what to do, please HEEEEEELLLLP.
Page 18 of 19