Custom Food Interactions (Update 27th March, 2018)
This group account is currently maintained by plasticbox, icemunmun, graycurse, necrodog and ohmysims.
Update 27th March, 2018 : Version 3 - Latest Version
1. Added resources for homestyle, gourmet, vampire, grill recipes by icemunmun
2. Added resources for plates, bowls and recipe phases
3. Added support for GP06 (Jungle Adventure) Fridge and Stove
|Please note that the recipe lists by members are only the announcement of upcoming recipes. We will update this post to link to the actual recipes each time new one is released. You can also use #Custom Food tag for searching completed recipes.|
- If you update from a pbox version, make sure you remove the old files! They are renamed now, so will not overwrite automatically.
- Make sure script mods are allowed in the game setting.
- Unzip the and put BOTH .package and .ts4script files in your /Mods folder.
- The ts4script file can go only one layer deep with folders by default. In other words, it should be either,
\Sims 4\Mods\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script, or \Sims 4\Mods\Subfolder\mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions.ts4script
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1: Halfway through cooking the interaction will be canceled and the sims will wave their arms around complaining there isn't enough space.
A: Is your game version up to date?
A: Is your food recipes version up to date?
Q2: My game version is up to date, but the [Cook Custom Meal] interaction still won't show up from stoves/fridges.
A: Have you allowed script mods in the game setting?
A: Is your Custom Food Interaction also the latest version?
A: Are BOTH .package and .ts4script files installed?
A: Is your .ts4script in the right place? Please read the Installation section for detailed information.
A: Make sure you didn't accidentally install duplicated files in different folders.
Q3: All interactions show up in game, but when I click the interactions there is no food or only certain food in the selection menu.
A: This post only provides the scripts that enable custom food to show up in game. You need to get the actual food meshes and their cooking recipes from other posts. Browse the #Custom Food tag to get custom recipes.
A: Each recipe requires certain cooking level. If your sim doesn't have enough skill, some recipes won't appear!
A: Some recipes only show up at certain times of the day. Please read the Contents of the Package section for detailed information.
Q4: Mod Conflict Detector says this mod conflicts with something. Should I be worried?
A: The Conflict Detector is an useful tool, but it can't be always right. Due to the way it detects conflicts, there are chances the tool lists an okay mod as broken or conflicted or corrupted. We'd say you don't have to be much worried about the error especially when the "conflicts" are between the mods by Foodgroup or its members. Some "conflicts " are even intended and we are fully aware of them.
Q5: My sims are obsessed to custom food.
A: It is a known issue. Please read the Known Issue section below for more information.
Q6: The script isn't translated in my language. Can I still use the script?
A: Yes, you can. Localization doesn't have to do with how the script works. English menu will appear if the interaction menus haven't translated in your language yet.
Q7: Some foods are stuck in inventory and I can't get rid of them.
A: This is a known EA issue, not something caused by custom foods. To fix this glitch, you can simply reset your sim or have the sim travel to another lot.
Localisation: Chinese (wuccwzt), Dutch (ElenaInTheSims), French (PharaohHound, cinthila), German (plasticbox), Korean (ohmysims), Spanish (gato_24), Portugese (simshout), Italian
- One user reported that it didn't work for them when they extracted with WinRAR, but with it did. So if you can't seem to get any interactions to show up in your game, try using 7zip.
- As explained here and here, it is known that sims are obsessed to custom food. Unfortunately there isn't a clear solution for this issue for now.
- Made with XML Extractor, Notepad++, s4pe, Python 3.3, Sims4Studio.
- Graycurse for helping us improve the script.
- Our mods are published under the current BY-NC-SA Creative Commons license (Attribution, Non-Commercial, Share-Alike).
- In other words, link back to the exact upload if you reuse ANY part of the code, and do not upload to paid sites.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions v2.3.zip||147.1 KB||57,421||30th Jan 2017|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions_v2-4.rar||146.9 KB||27,909||9th Jul 2017|
|mtsfoodgroup_foods-custom-interactions_LatestVersion.zip | Description: v 3.0 Latest Version||244.9 KB||66,579||26th Mar 2018|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use 7zip (recommended), WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (OS X) to extract the file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s). OS X also has a built-in utility for that (just rightclick).
3. Move: Put the extracted folder in /Mods. It contains two files (a .package and a .ts4script), you need both.
Need more information?
- For a full guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 20
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
476 Comments / replies (Who?)
Up To Date -
Olive And Cheese Plate
Olive And Lemon Spaghetti
Hot and Sour Soup
Custom Berry Pies
Foods from user who has not logged in for a long time -
Cupcakes from Oven
Three Fruit Shakes