34 Comments / replies (Who?
I set myself the challenge to build a house using only the base version of the game, with optimal routing and use of space, no custom content on the smallest available plot (20x15).
A long time ago when the world was young, I was an architecture student and I fantasized about and sketched an invisible house, built in the desert without having any impact on the landscape, while offering maximum escape from the heat. For inspiration, I looked at the inward facing villas the ancient Romans built in warm places like Pompeii. My plans never became reality, until now!
This underground house offers two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and an extra bed/hobby room. It also includes 2 light-well ponds and a pool (the "impluvium"), and a sub-basement that you can expand to meet your sims' growing needs. Yes, you can place windows in swimming pools! On ground level is a desert landscape.
This house should work great for introspective, environmentally aware and mysterious Sims.
It has been thoroughly tested and it works beautifully if I say so myself. I hope you enjoy it, and your subterranean homesick Sims do too!
Using these files:
This plot should work for all versions of Sims 4
Extract the files in the tray folder as usual.
The house costs 56.454 simoleons furnished, and 26.175 simoleons unfurnished.
Lot Size: 15x20
Lot Price (furnished): 56454
Lot Price (unfurnished): 26175
Photoshop elements 12 was used for editing the screen shots, and for the rest, thanks to the tutorials on http://simscommunity.info!
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents
||23rd Jan 2016
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .bpi .trayitem and .blueprint file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Tray Folder: Cut and paste all files into your Tray folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\
- Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray\