MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...
Take a stroll
by Arsil Posted 27th May 2016 at 3:23 PM - Updated 9th Jul 2016 at 11:02 AM by Arsil : updated description
Game version 1.67 (might work with other patch levels, beats me)
Late Night EP (not required, it only adds more features)
Seasons EP (not required, it only adds more features)
This mod allows Sims to take a stroll, just like they do when using a stroller (Generations EP)
or walking with a dog (Pets EP)(EDIT: nah, you have to specify a destination for this).
Like for that interaction, I think that the world must have sidewalks and/or lots to use as destinations.
Clicking on the active Sim you can choose the "Take a stroll" interaction to open
a sub-piemenu that allows to choose the type of stroll:
- jogging (requires 1 level in the Athletics skill)
- stride of pride (requires LN) if the Sim is in a good mood (xml tunable)
- walk of shame (requires LN) if the Sim is in a good mood (xml tunable)
- roller skating (requires Seasons and 1 level in the skating hidden skill)
The mod is xml tunable (check with the package editor of your choice the
_XML resource called CONFIGURATION).
This mod doesn't support Sims autonomously using the interaction.
You can try to unlock it editing the ITUN but I haven't tested it (they will
walk or, if they have the skill and the weather if favourable, roller skate.
If available, skating is chosen over walking the 20% of the time).
Sims can only take a stroll by themselves, they can't do that in group.
If Sims have to go to work in the next hour or a motive is very low then the interaction
should stop (note that this doesn't happen with the stroller and walk with dog interactions).
Jogging is close (if not equal) to "regular jogging":
- it is automatically considered as "no sweating" jogging once reached the required level
(the default value for that is 1 so Sims will never sweat more than when they are not jogging)
- hygiene decay (until "no sweating tone" is unlocked)
- fatigue decay with related multipliers (so there's no decay if "fitness nut" has been achieved)
- skill gain, this is much lower than the regular jogging since the purpose of this mod is not to
work out and a stroll should be considered as a light activity
- fun is much slower than regular jogging (no multiplier in case of Athletic trait), one of the reasons
is to compensate the fact that here you also get a moodlet to lift your spirit
- handling of jogging events (for opportunities, dreams, skill journal and challenges, fitness and weight)
All values are ITUN/xml tunable and atm, with the above mentioned exceptions, they should give the
same results as the regular jogging (as defined in the GoJogging and JogHere ITUNs, and Terrain+JogHere _XML)
Skating increases the related hidden skill (the gain is xml tunable, atm should be much slower than skating
on the rink) and the skating event is handled (I guess this is only used for completing/fulfilling related
opportunities and dreams/promises, assuming they exist, I haven't checked).
The following occults can't skate: frankenstein (one of the 2 bots types, don't remember which one), genie,
mummy, fairy, zombie, lycan in werewolf form, immaginary friend and ghost. Vampires can't either under
certain circumstances (exhausted, sleepy, tired, too much sun). These are they same restrictions for skating
on the rink (there they run instead of skating while here skating is disabled).
You can't roller skate if snow covers the ground.
You can check this thread for more informations.
All respective authors and contributors of the tools and tutorials for modding TS3.
MTS and all modders who made the game much more enjoyable.
You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|Arsil_TakeAStroll.package.zip||16.6 KB||6,586||8th Jun 2016|
Page 1 of 2