This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
This is a full-purpose tool for creating CAS custom content for TS4. It's specifically meant to work with Milkshape 3D and to get around the limitations of using MS3D for Sims 4 meshes, but many of the functions can be done with OBJ files which can be used by almost any meshing program.
Here's a summary of the functions:
Cloning Tool - clone from game packages or custom packages
Clone Package Editor - working with custom content packages
- General CAS part properties - properties applied to all recolors
- Recolor Manager - properties for each recolor
- Mesh Manager - export and import meshes
- General Mesh Manager - fixes / changes applied to all meshes
- Mesh Region Manager - view / modify regions
- Thumbnail Manager - set up custom thumbnails
Mesh Tools - working with meshes
- Auto Tool: Conversion/Auto Assignments - auto-assign bones, uv1, etc. from a reference mesh
- Conversions: TS4/other - converts TS meshes to and from other formats
- Separate Mesh Layers - creates an MS3D or OBJ mesh with layers separated into groups, mostly useful for alpha transparency hair
- GEOM Tools:
- Examine Mesh - see data in mesh
- View Mesh
- Combine GEOM meshes - combine two TS4 meshes
- Clean Mesh - remove duplicate vertices
- MS3D Tools - tools for Milkshape meshes
- RIG Tools - look at skeleton data
In addition, if you click the Tools menu and Enable Special Tools, you'll see an additional Special Tools tab with various functions I've found useful for searching game packages.
Tutorial: Converting a TS3 dress to TS4
Tutorial: Converting a TS3 hair to TS4, with alpha transparency
This tool is in a perpetual state of beta, so check back for updates, fixes, new features, and so on.
Questions, bug reports, problems, and suggestions for the tool itself should be posted here. Questions and problems concerning a specific project should be posted in the TS4 Create / CAS Parts forum.
s4pe/s4pi is used by CAS Tools for package and image handling. s4pi/s4pe and CAS Tools are open source.
s4pe download: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/releases
Latest working s4pi source: https://github.com/s4ptacle/Sims4Tools/tree/develop
Fixed bug causing hex value error when auto-converting TS3 meshes with no reference mesh.
Fixed bug causing auto-conversion of .ms3d meshes with no skeleton to error out.
Exported DDS textures will now retain mipmaps.
Ability to view body morphs added to the CAS previewer.
Updated for the new version of the CASP resource in the 12/1/16 patch. EA hates me.
Updated for the new version of the CASP resource in the 1/12/17 patch.
Support for toddlers added.
Support for new occult body part types added.
All meshes converted to ms3d should now have the correct skeleton.
Tag list updated.