The Sims 4 has had a lot of substantial updates, including one that added a new, totally empty world for us to build on! The problem with this world is; not everyone is a builder. So, I took on the project of filling Newcrest with unique, modern-style houses, community lots, and families, for those of you who don't use Newcrest due to its... emptiness. Everything is built with the base game only
, so anyone can use it.
I built everything myself, and have speed build/CAS videos for everything on my YouTube channel! I used the Sims 3 free-rotate, sizing up objects, split-leveling, half walls, and so on. The only new feature I didn't use was the major CAS update, as it came out as I was working on the last lot.
As I said before, this is made with all base game content, but it isn't a mod--it's the save files containing the filled Newcrest. Please read the installation instructions below before you post issues about this not working!
Firstly, DO NOT PUT THIS IN YOUR MOD FOLDER
! This "mod" is a save file, as I know no way to mod the game so that it replaces the empty Newcrest with the filled version I made every time you hit "new game". Because of this, the files you download do not go in your mod folder. Please make a backup of your save files before you install this mod
- Backup your save folder somewhere.
- Download the zip file and extract the .save files.
- Put the .save files into your save folder.
- In game, select "Load Game" and you should see an entry called "NSB Save". Load that save.
- You're all done! This save file is your filled Newcrest, so be sure not to overwrite it or you'll have to re-download the mod!
Having a hard time finding your save folder? Its usual installation path is: Local Disk (C: )>Users>(current user)>My Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>saves
- Since this is a save file, it should always be compatible with every game version since the version I created it with, which is 1.19. I won't actively check every patch to make sure it's still working, so if you ever have issues with the file not loading properly just PM me and I'll look into it!
- If you want to see the speed builds for this world, click here .
- All of these lots and households are already uploaded to the gallery, under #NSB. I can figure out how to upload individual lots to MTS though, if you want.
- The Sims packaged with this mod are all employed and equipped with various skills. The Price household (in the starter neighborhood) is designed to be a somewhat challenging family to play, and only have $20 to their name.
Since these are all my own personal creations, you may not upload this anywhere else. You are more than welcome to use this in let's plays, and let me know if you do! I'll be sure to check them out.