Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 6th Sep 2017 at 3:10 AM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 9/5/17
317 Comments / replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Works with Patch: 8/22/17 <--No changes were needed

This mod will bring more personality to your sims!

There have been 2 other mods that I have found so far that do about the same thing, however, they have not been updated in a long time. The mods are: PTME Emotional Overcharge by FlorainPTME which hasn't been updated since July 2016. There have been comments stating that it is broke and causes problems with Dine Out. You can find that mod HERE if you want to take a look at it. The other mod Autonomous Interactions by weebl_101 also has not been updated since Jan 2016 and also has reports of it being broken. You can find that mod HERE

I don't mind if you make changes to any of these files in any of my mods as long as it is PERSONAL USE ONLY
Continue Reading:

Romance interacations require certain requirements to appear, if you use another mod that allows your to adjust a sims relationship with another sim the game doesn't always update that in the sim panel. The bars change but when you hover over the sim panel it hasn't updated. If that doesn't show the new relationships then some of these new interactions may not appear. I don't know all the ways to update the panel however, I do know if you save your progress and then reload the saved game the panel will be updated and the interactions will appear as supposed to. Again this is only if you change the relationship manually!

Updated: 9/5/17<--Keep updated with changes!
Always remove old files before adding new!

This does not requre Parenthood or Vampire Packs. If you do not have those, then those interactions or adjustments WILL NOT be in your game.

One of the things I hate the most about this game is how no matter what the sims mood is, the almost always do nice interactions. Almost always are they just Chatting. What are they chatting about? I have no idea because it is set to just do an idle chat that doesn't give your sims any knowledge of the other. So what does this mod do you ask? Good question, keep reading to find out!

WIP
If you have ever noticed, when ever your sims are done with the interaction with another that you just directed them to do, they will almost always immediately start chatting. That ment even if they were angry or they just got in a fight with another sim they would start chatting. That seemed extremely strange to me and made story telling a lot harder to do. In this mod I disabled that. The sims will no longer just chat for no reason. So many of these interactions were not autonomous which seemed odd. It was like the creators wanted them sims to always be happy and have good relationships with others with no drama. This mod will help change that. Some of the things I have seen so far are sims discussing their interests and having deep conversations along with getting romantic with others all on their own. They do more than just kiss cheek now! I've seen them go up to their special someone and embrace them and do special kisses. My sims now hold conversations that mean something unlike before, I had no idea what "chatting" was even about. This mod has brought more to my game and I hope it does for your game as well!

Check out my other autonomoy mods to add to the excitement of your game! All found HERE

Common Questions: <--Please read before asking a question.


There are a lot of factors in this mod on what determines what interactions are used, when and by who. The things that will help determine it are: Moods, Traits, Conversations, and Relationships. Some are set for specific types. For example, most of the mean interactions are set for the traits: Evil, Hot Headed, and Mean, with occasional ones set for immaturity for the child, teen, and childish traits. However, that doesn't mean it won't happen from a good sim or romantic sim. Depending on how they feel and the relationship with the other sim may override their trait setting. Insanes are very unpredictable.

ADD-ONs:

FLAVORS:
**********If you would like to support me, please check out my signature! **********

Thank you for all of your support!

Any mod that changes the same XML files will conflict!
XML's Used:


~ENJOY~

Additional Credits:
Notepad++
S4pe

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

Sims 4
Built with Game Version: 1.29.69
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Personality_Please!.zip 353.4 KB 13,654 6th Sep 2017
Even_Genders.zip 873 Bytes 2,949 22nd May 2017
100_Bisexual.zip 866 Bytes 2,314 22nd May 2017
100_Heterosexual.zip 881 Bytes 2,161 22nd May 2017
100_Homosexual.zip 873 Bytes 1,983 22nd May 2017
Mostly_Heterosexual.zip 888 Bytes 2,724 22nd May 2017
Personality_Please!_Toddlers.zip 74.3 KB 3,412 6th Jun 2017
TryForBaby_Chances.zip 293.4 KB 2,232 14th Jun 2017
Personality_Please!_NoRestrictions.zip 337.5 KB 3,019 6th Sep 2017
RiskyWoohoo.zip 273.6 KB 2,948 14th Jun 2017
Personality_Please_Woohoo-TryForBaby.zip 286.7 KB 359 6th Sep 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 13 of 13
317 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 247 Feedback Posts, 60 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#301 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 5:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrillySlayerPig
Ooops, no don't worry, the newest download fixed it. Your newest one from a couple of days ago, that seemed to fix it so its all good now :-). If I notice anything else off I will let ya know :-).


No problem! Glad it all seems to be working.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#302 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:20 PM
this mod looks amazing!!! can't wait to try it out I was wondering, is it possible to reduce the amount of idle chatter without disabling it completely? (my guess is no lol but I figured it can't hurt to ask) just bc that would make it the most realistic - idle chat with strangers, then more unique actions once your sims actually know each other
Test Subject
#303 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:08 PM
This mod already has career interactions unlocked right? I wanted to make sure cause I have some mods conflicts with your mod: like pregnant sims are no longer restricted, and my own mod to stop autonomous calming down, and the aforementioned career unlocks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#304 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 4:43 AM
I did find one other bug, but it may be intentional (a feature instead of a bug) so just thought I would ask :-). So, now when I use the "make happy" cheat, it raises the bars to green, but it doesn't change the sims emotions panel. When the mod isn't installed it actually makes the sim emotionally happy. Now, it only raises the motives, but does not make them "happy" is this intentional?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#305 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumALittle
This mod already has career interactions unlocked right? I wanted to make sure cause I have some mods conflicts with your mod: like pregnant sims are no longer restricted, and my own mod to stop autonomous calming down, and the aforementioned career unlocks.


It shouldn't have an effect on anything career related unless it's an interaction listed. So it shouldn't unlock anything dealing with careers.

It would conflict with any mod that deals with the calming down intrraction. I added that to this mod bc of the funny interactions that were added. I didn't want sims who over did it on funny to die of laughter. The calming down interaction in this mod has been tuned so hopefully it isn't used to often unless a sim is in a really funny conversation.

What are you referring to on pregnant sims? Restrictions of what kind? This shouldn't restrict or unrestrict anything with pregnant sims, just tunes certain interactions.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#306 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrillySlayerPig
I did find one other bug, but it may be intentional (a feature instead of a bug) so just thought I would ask :-). So, now when I use the "make happy" cheat, it raises the bars to green, but it doesn't change the sims emotions panel. When the mod isn't installed it actually makes the sim emotionally happy. Now, it only raises the motives, but does not make them "happy" is this intentional?


Using any cheat could have strange effects with any mod depending on the mods purpose. :-/

This mod only deals with interactions themselves not emotions. Sometimes conflicts have strange effects as well. Making them happy also relies on their buffs as well as motives. Do they still have any negative buffs that didn't fall off when you used the cheat?

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#307 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
Using any cheat could have strange effects with any mod depending on the mods purpose. :-/

This mod only deals with interactions themselves not emotions. Sometimes conflicts have strange effects as well. Making them happy also relies on their buffs as well as motives. Do they still have any negative buffs that didn't fall off when you used the cheat?


Yep, when your mod is installed the make happy in game cheat will only change the sims motives, ie bladder, hunger, etc, but the sims emotional state and whims stay the same. When the mod isn't installed it does what its always done which is make the sims emotional state "happy" as well as raise the sims motives. So, in other words with the mod installed it only raises the motives and no longer actually makes the sim "happy" like it normally does. I hope this makes sense and thank you for always responding so quickly, its very much appreciated as is your hard work on this mod in general :-). Oh and I have no other mods in game so I don't think its a conflict.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#308 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrillySlayerPig
Yep, when your mod is installed the make happy in game cheat will only change the sims motives, ie bladder, hunger, etc, but the sims emotional state and whims stay the same. When the mod isn't installed it does what its always done which is make the sims emotional state "happy" as well as raise the sims motives. So, in other words with the mod installed it only raises the motives and no longer actually makes the sim "happy" like it normally does. I hope this makes sense and thank you for always responding so quickly, its very much appreciated as is your hard work on this mod in general :-). Oh and I have no other mods in game so I don't think its a conflict.


Your welcome! Since all I did was tell interactions when to be used i really don't know why it would be effecting the buffs when you use the cheat. Try using the in game cheat that removes the buffs. Does that still work?

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#309 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 7:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
Your welcome! Since all I did was tell interactions when to be used i really don't know why it would be effecting the buffs when you use the cheat. Try using the in game cheat that removes the buffs. Does that still work?


EDIT TO ADD: OMG, so I went back into my mods folder just to triple check I had no other mods in there and there was one I missed!! It was ro_burks emotional inertia. I took it out right away, I haven't tested it with out it in the game, but I am 99.9% sure that thats what was causing the issue. I am so sorry I didn't see it in there before. Whats odd is that I have a mods folder on my desktop where I put all my mods that I have taken out for testing and roburks emotional inertia was in there already so I think I had two copies of it in my in-game mods folder and thats why I missed it. I took one out and didn't notice the copy that was in there.

Original comment: Not sure love, I'm not in game right now, but next time I am I will be sure to try it and report back.

I just wanted to say again how much you modders are appreciated, honestly, without your mods I probably wouldn't play my game. Your mods are what make me excited to play. My husband is a software engineer and my brother is an engineer for a major gaming company (he worked on Bioshock Infinite ) so I know how much work goes into programming. The fact that you guys do this for free and spend your free time on such a time consuming hobby is so commendable. You guys are what saved this game honestly. Keep up the brilliant work. I will test my game without that inertia mod when I go back in game later and I will let you know if that got rid of the issue. I am pretty certain it was that mod and not yours causing the issue.
Test Subject
#310 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
It shouldn't have an effect on anything career related unless it's an interaction listed. So it shouldn't unlock anything dealing with careers.

It would conflict with any mod that deals with the calming down intrraction. I added that to this mod bc of the funny interactions that were added. I didn't want sims who over did it on funny to die of laughter. The calming down interaction in this mod has been tuned so hopefully it isn't used to often unless a sim is in a really funny conversation.

What are you referring to on pregnant sims? Restrictions of what kind? This shouldn't restrict or unrestrict anything with pregnant sims, just tunes certain interactions.


There's a mod: http://kimmmygibbbler.tumblr.com/po...cted-activities
Which unlocks restrictions but my program said it conflicts with your mod and I wanted to make sure.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#311 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrillySlayerPig
EDIT TO ADD: OMG, so I went back into my mods folder just to triple check I had no other mods in there and there was one I missed!! It was ro_burks emotional inertia. I took it out right away, I haven't tested it with out it in the game, but I am 99.9% sure that thats what was causing the issue. I am so sorry I didn't see it in there before. Whats odd is that I have a mods folder on my desktop where I put all my mods that I have taken out for testing and roburks emotional inertia was in there already so I think I had two copies of it in my in-game mods folder and thats why I missed it. I took one out and didn't notice the copy that was in there.

Original comment: Not sure love, I'm not in game right now, but next time I am I will be sure to try it and report back.

I just wanted to say again how much you modders are appreciated, honestly, without your mods I probably wouldn't play my game. Your mods are what make me excited to play. My husband is a software engineer and my brother is an engineer for a major gaming company (he worked on Bioshock Infinite ) so I know how much work goes into programming. The fact that you guys do this for free and spend your free time on such a time consuming hobby is so commendable. You guys are what saved this game honestly. Keep up the brilliant work. I will test my game without that inertia mod when I go back in game later and I will let you know if that got rid of the issue. I am pretty certain it was that mod and not yours causing the issue.


No problem! Glad that you may have found the issue.

Thank you! The community is why I share my mods and builds instead of keeping them all to myself if it wasn't for everyone out there I wouldn't share them and I'm glad to hear that others enjoy them as much as I do. I'm here to help if I can on issues even if they aren't related to any of my mods.

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#312 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumALittle
There's a mod: http://kimmmygibbbler.tumblr.com/po...cted-activities
Which unlocks restrictions but my program said it conflicts with your mod and I wanted to make sure.


Thank you for sharing the link, cause I've never heard of the mod and my luck I'd never find it to check for you lol. I've heard of a program that lets others know about conflicts, however, if it's the same one I've been told about before it says all my mods conflict with each other lol. A,few of course will but it was saying mods that weren't related conflicted. So I myself prefer to just manually check. I will take a look at it and let you know for sure

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#313 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
Thank you for sharing the link, cause I've never heard of the mod and my luck I'd never find it to check for you lol. I've heard of a program that lets others know about conflicts, however, if it's the same one I've been told about before it says all my mods conflict with each other lol. A, few, of course, will but it was saying mods that weren't related conflicted. So I myself prefer to just manually check. I will take a look at it and let you know for sure


Thank you very much for all your hard work and help
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#314 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumALittle
Thank you very much for all your hard work and help


Took a look at the mod you were asking about. Yes there is conflict but only with a total of 4 interactions and only if you are using those flavors.

Conflicted Interactions:
Toddlers Ask to Play
Woohoo Hot Tub
Woohoo Rocket Ship
Woohoo Steam Room

Flavors these will conflict with:
Personality Please Toddlers-->Only the Ask to Play interaction. The rest of the flavor will be fine.
Personality Please Woohoo-Try for Baby--> Only with woohoo in the hot tub, rocket ship, and steam room. All try for babies will be fine-um considering sim is already pregnent- and all the rest of the woohoo locations will be fine.--These do not include any of the other steam room, rocket ship, or hot tub interactions. Just the woohoo, the rest of the location interactions will be fine.

If you are not using either of those two flavors there will NOT be a conflict. Even if you do use one or more of those flavors the conflict isn't going to stop this mod from working. The most that would probably happen is the pregnant sim won't be able to use those locations/interactions or maybe some of my settings won't be in effect.

So in my opinion, if you want to use this mod and any of the add-ons I would probably still use them and the Pregnant Sims can do all mod since it isn't that much of a game breaker for me to have a few of the interactions conflicting.

Hope this helps!

~ENJOY~

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#315 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphar
The little llamas used to turn up if you play a non english game and use shift-click-cheats. Some cheats is not translated by EA. MC have the cheats translations included.

hm. my game is in English and i have used shift-click cheats, but i don't remember seeing any llamas before installing this mod.
Test Subject
#316 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 1:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
What game version do you have? What flavor dud you download? Did you download any add ons? Is it all interactions or certain ones?

Usually what your referring to means a break in a mod. Never heard of little llamas before instead of text though. I just went into the game and went through all the interaction catagories and didn't see any that were blank or with any llamas on them. Let me know on the questions above and I will try to help you figure out the cause.

hello! sorry it took me so long to get back to you. i have the latest game version, and downloaded the "base" Personality Please! flavour. it is only some interactions (i think i saw them in the Romance category, i'm sorry i can't confirm atm). this is with no add-ons.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#317 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fewlines
hello! sorry it took me so long to get back to you. i have the latest game version, and downloaded the "base" Personality Please! flavour. it is only some interactions (i think i saw them in the Romance category, i'm sorry i can't confirm atm). this is with no add-ons.


So I went in to see if my game were to have any blank text bubbles/pie menu options like you had mentioned. I was unable to recreate this. I also wasn't able to find llamas, and yes I now know those have to do with different language games. So I went a head and did a search for you.

Some causes for this if it is not a mod-because broke strings can cause the same issue or other things in a mod could also do the same. So what I found was that sometimes the language file doesn't download properly when doing and update. Here is a site that I found that will tell you how to find the language file, and on checking the date and verifying that it matches with your game patch. Here is the LINK I apologize if I am not a loud to post a link but it is to another sims site with info on what the issue could be and hopefully a solution. Let mw know what you find out!

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#318 Old Yesterday at 9:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearSims
So I went in to see if my game were to have any blank text bubbles/pie menu options like you had mentioned. I was unable to recreate this. I also wasn't able to find llamas, and yes I now know those have to do with different language games. So I went a head and did a search for you.

Some causes for this if it is not a mod-because broke strings can cause the same issue or other things in a mod could also do the same. So what I found was that sometimes the language file doesn't download properly when doing and update. Here is a site that I found that will tell you how to find the language file, and on checking the date and verifying that it matches with your game patch. Here is the LINK I apologize if I am not a loud to post a link but it is to another sims site with info on what the issue could be and hopefully a solution. Let mw know what you find out!

thank you for helping me out! i do not have Get to Work installed and i have repaired my game recently, but i checked anyway. i noticed my language file has the date of the last time my game updated. the other mods i have installed are: Aariancya_StopRandomFlirting_V3.0_1.25 (i think this might be outdated...)
egureh_NoAutoEnchantingGreetings
egureh_NoAutoFlirtyGreetings
weerbesu_UI_Cheats_Extension_v1.9
Page 13 of 13