Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Restaurant Price Increment!

by bananatassle Posted 18th Jun 2017 at 8:25 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2017 at 10:54 AM by bananatassle : added new language translations to the mod
31 Comments / replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts
Hi everyone!
This is my first upload onto modthesims, and I am pleased to share this mod with you here.

This is a simple mod that makes the food prices at restaurants higher.
Whereas before, the price markup ran from only 100% to 300%, I increased that margin to 150% to 2000%.
Read more below:

EA DEFAULT MARK UP PRICES
100%
125%
150%
175%
200%
250%
300%


MY MOD'S NEW MARK UP PRICES

150%
200%
250%
400%
800%
1000%
2000%



This will make eating out more realistic in the game, as well as enable you to serve very pricey food at the fancy restaurants in your game. As it should be.

This mod also works with any custom food that is Dine Out compatible!

UPDATE
This mod now increases the price of food at any unowned restaurants you may have in your game. Now the price of food at any NPC restaurants in your game is more realistic as well.
Also, this mod is now available in ALL languages supported by the SIMS 4.


Conflicts
This is a resource override mod, and it will conflict with any files that modify the restaurant.restaurant_tuning xml files. Other than that, it has been working well for me.

The resources I used:
Sims 4 Studio
S4_XML files: restaurants.restaurant_tuning

This mod is compatible with the latest patch of the Sims 4; PC Version 1.31.37.1020



Additional Credits:
Credits to @brittpinkiesims over on Tumblr for helping me out with this one.
Thanks to Krizz.88 whose "realistic restaurants " mod helped me with the update.
Type: Other

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

+ 1 SPs
Built with Game Version: 1.20.60.10
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
Rest_Price_Increment_bananatassle.zip 17.0 KB 3,750 24th Jun 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 2 of 2
31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 7:44 PM
I did not know that the mod was broken. I have not purchased The Sims 4 cats&dogs yet, lol.
What exactly is wrong with it?
I am sure I can get a modder friend with cats&dogs to update it for me.
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 7:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananatassle
I did not know that the mod was broken. I have not purchased The Sims 4 cats&dogs yet, lol.
What exactly is wrong with it?
I am sure I can get a modder friend with cats&dogs to update it for me.

It's okay, when it is installed and you open an old save with a restaurant in it you can not open it . When you open a new save and try to buy a retail store or restaurant it either takes you back to the loading screen, very rarely crashes the whole game, or most commonly shows a blank option for price options and won't let you set anything except for uniforms. This is the first time that your mod broke so I think it only needs updating during huge updates like pets.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 10:40 AM
And, are you sure that you do not have any other mods that modify restaurants in your game? That can also be causing the issue. This mod is not compatible with any other restaurant mods. Let me check with a friend if it works with Cats and Dogs in their game.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananatassle
And, are you sure that you do not have any other mods that modify restaurants in your game? That can also be causing the issue. This mod is not compatible with any other restaurant mods. Let me check with a friend if it works with Cats and Dogs in their game.


I am more than sure, I literally took out all my mods and custom content in order to check and even deleted an old save. I have never had any problems with your mod and other mods and the pets patch broke most mods. Thank you
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:52 AM
Yes it is broken and needs to be updated. I love using this mode, but I can't purchase a resturant with it in the game. I think if I buy it first, then save the game and put it in it works, but can't buy it with it in the game. Please please fix it for us.
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 8:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rampdiva
Yes it is broken and needs to be updated. I love using this mode, but I can't purchase a resturant with it in the game. I think if I buy it first, then save the game and put it in it works, but can't buy it with it in the game. Please please fix it for us.


yup i had the same issue i couldn't buy a restaurant but it works on already existing ones here is a LE if it helps

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a127d4e6feda9f205a49d923</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2018-01-01 02:02:15</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1210-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>cpp_message.py:107</categoryid><desyncid>a127d4e6feda9f205a49d923</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception occurred while attempting to populate a repeated field: (TypeError: None has type &lt;class 'NoneType'&gt;, but expected one of: int, long) Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 200, in c_api_server_tick File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 378, in call_save_game_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 395, in request_client_disconnect_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 394, in save_to_scratch_slot_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 412, in save_game_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 455, in _save_game_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 514, in _fill_and_send_save_game_protobufs_gen File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 512, in save_all_services File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_manager.py", line 118, in save File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\injector_util.py", line 8, in _wrapped_function File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\events\core.py", line 134, in _turbolib_save_all_services File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 1412, in save_zone File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_services.py", line 48, in save_all_services File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 512, in save_all_services File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_service.py", line 330, in save File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_tracker.py", line 123, in save_data File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\rollback.py", line 32, in __exit__ File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function File ".\mc_injections.py", line 752, in inject_last_exception_log File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\injector_util.py", line 8, in _wrapped_function File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_tracker.py", line 123, in save_data File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\restaurants\restaurant_manager.py", line 345, in save_data File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 107, in Setter TypeError: None has type &lt;class 'NoneType'&gt;, but expected one of: int, long </desyncdata></report>
</root>
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 12:03 PM
Default Resturant
Yep for now I remove it before I buy a resturant, the I put it back in after I've purchased it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaJa
yup i had the same issue i couldn't buy a restaurant but it works on already existing ones here is a LE if it helps

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>a127d4e6feda9f205a49d923</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2018-01-01 02:02:15</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1210-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>cpp_message.py:107</categoryid><desyncid>a127d4e6feda9f205a49d923</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception occurred while attempting to populate a repeated field: (TypeError: None has type &lt;class 'NoneType'&gt;, but expected one of: int, long)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 195, in wrapper
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 200, in c_api_server_tick
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 378, in call_save_game_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 395, in request_client_disconnect_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 394, in save_to_scratch_slot_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 412, in save_game_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 455, in _save_game_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\services\persistence_service.py", line 514, in _fill_and_send_save_game_protobufs_gen
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 512, in save_all_services
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_manager.py", line 118, in save
File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\injector_util.py", line 8, in _wrapped_function
File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\events\core.py", line 134, in _turbolib_save_all_services
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 1412, in save_zone
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_services.py", line 48, in save_all_services
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\service_manager.py", line 512, in save_all_services
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_service.py", line 330, in save
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_tracker.py", line 123, in save_data
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\distributor\rollback.py", line 32, in __exit__
File ".\mc_utils.py", line 114, in _wrapper_function
File ".\mc_injections.py", line 752, in inject_last_exception_log
File ".\WickedWhims 3.2.4.120.1\turbolib\injector_util.py", line 8, in _wrapped_function
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\business\business_tracker.py", line 123, in save_data
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\restaurants\restaurant_manager.py", line 345, in save_data
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 107, in Setter
TypeError: None has type &lt;class 'NoneType'&gt;, but expected one of: int, long
</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Page 2 of 2