Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Picked upload! Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 3rd Sep 2017 at 11:03 AM by icemunmun : Misc Bug Fixes
224 Comments / replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Picked Upload! This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Compatible with Patch 1.33.38.1020


Update - 7.08.2017 : Misc Bug Fixes and Translations

---- 1. Added Translations - Traditional Chinese (konansock , wuccwzt ), POR_BR (simshout), German (Jevi) and French (YuuNyuu)
---- 2. Added Outdoor Retreat GP as requirement for the mod ( as some users without OR were having some issues)
-----3. Flirty Buff with Berry Jam will no longer appear in children
---- 4. Plasma Jam and bread will increase thirst and and a small amount of hunger for vampires
---- 5. Fixed some wrongly appearing strings
---- 6. The Garlic Spread can be properly made now if you have 6 harvestable custom garlics in your inventory
---- 7. Some minor bug fixes




1. Introduction

I loved the Canning Station from Sims 3 and have been wanting to recreate it in sims 4 for quite some time. When I saw the poll for the eco Living SP, I knew this theme was not going to win because Laundry!!
Anyway so I took up my half finished stuff and finished it asap!

2. What does the mod do? Catalog Details

The Mod adds -

i) Canning station (To make various kinds of preserves)
Catalog Details -
Name - Canning Station
Price - 2000 Simoleons
Location - Appliances --- > Stove
Presets - 6 presets

ii) A new 10 level custom Canning Skill

iii) Retail GTW shelves - Comes in two sizes

Catalog Details -
Name - Canning Preserve Display / Canning Preserve Display - Medium Height
Price - 200/120 Simoleons
Location - Surfaces --- > Display
- Function --- > Retail
Presets - 10 presets
Slots - 24 small + 6 medium / 16 small + 6 medium


3. Interaction on the Canning Station

i) Make Jam ( Available from Canning Skill Level 0)
--- Requires 6 harvestables
--- Makes a Jar of Jam which is then put on a surface or into the inventory by the sim.
--- Gets a special Buff (This is my Jam!)

ii) Make Pickles (Available from Canning Skill Level 3)
--- Requires 6 harvestables
--- Makes a Jar of Pickles which is then put on a surface or into the inventory by the sim.
--- Gets a special Buff (Pickled Life!)

iii) Make Spreads (Available from Canning Skill Level 6)
--- Requires 6 harvestables
--- Makes a Jar of Spread which is then put on a surface or into the inventory by the sim.
--- Gets a special Buff (Spread The Love)







4. Canning Skill

--- 10 Level Skill
--- 3 Skill Books available from the bookshelf :---
i) Canning Skill Vol 1: To Can or Not to Can?
ii) Canning Skill Vol 2: Cantastic Fruits and Where to Can Them
iii) Canning Skill Vol 3: If I can can, I will can!





--- Custom Skill icon
--- Custom Speech and thought bubbles
--- Skill can be gained by reading the skill books or by making Preserves
--- Different Skill levels unlock different Preserves
--- Making Preserves is a Custom Club Activity (Get Together EP)

--- Custom Canning steps



5. Table of Jams, Pickle, Spreads




6. Jars

Details

--- Each Jar costs 120 simoleons. Price maybe modified according to skill level

--- Jar can be sold from Inventory/Retail Shelves/City Living Craft tables

--- Jars of preserves do not spoil

--- Jars are not found in the catalog but are searchable by the name of the preserve (If you want to grab them quickly)

Interaction on the Jars

i) Eat
--- Sim eats Jam/pickle/Spread directly from the jar with a fork
(Issue - The jar has the lid on while being eaten from. Also sometimes the empty jars shows prices. Please ignore and clean them up. No cheating and selling empty jars!)
--- Gets special moodlet
ii) Eat with Bread
--- The Jar is consumed and 6 plates of Bread with preserve appears in the inventory.
--- The plate of Bread with Jam/Pickle/spread can be eaten as normal food
--- The plate of Bread with Jam/Pickle/spread is toddler compatible
--- The plate of Bread with Jam/Pickle/spread can be packed into Lunch Sacks (Parenthood GP)
iii) Sell To Evil Corporation
--- Jar can be sold for a hefty profit
--- Sim gets Special buff




8. Custom Buffs




9. Requirement -

Outdoor Retreat Required



10. Compatibility - Outdoor Retreat Required


11. Future direction - Addition of more moodlets
- More options for gameplay enhancement
- Support for more EA and Custom harvestables as they are released


12. Patch Level - Made with Game Version PC Version 1.32.1.1020 / Mac Version 1.32.1.1220

13. Conflicts: Should not conflict with any other mod

14. Polycount




15. Translations - Traditional Chinese (konansock , wuccwzt ), POR_BR (simshout), German (Jevi) and French (YuuNyuu)


17. Thanks

-EA Maxis for Grandma's Canning Station for some meshes and ideas
-s4pe
-Sims 4 studio
-TSRW
-Blender
-Photoshop
- Canning station Overhaul by Butterbot for inspiration
- All my simming friends for the feedback and encouragement. Love you all!
-Thank you to everybody who have reported issues and helped in testing

You must have the expansion, game version or stuff packs listed below installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.

+ 1 SPs
Built with Game Version: PC Version
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents Size Downloads Date
icemunmun_Canning_Base.rar | Description: Main mod File 2.99 MB 24,615 23rd Aug 2017
icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_EA.rar | Description: Preserves using EA Maxis harvestables 3.00 MB 21,712 23rd Aug 2017
icemunmun_Canning_Preserves_Custom.rar | Description: Preserves using Custom harvestables 2.06 MB 18,732 23rd Aug 2017
icemunmun_Canning_RetailShelves_GTW.rar | Description: Retail shelves.Requires GTW EP 883.1 KB 19,601 6th Aug 2017
icemunmun_Black_plate.rar | Description: Required for the Preserve bread 11.7 KB 21,126 7th Aug 2017
Don't forget to Thank the creator after downloading! Use the Thanks button located above the screenshots above.
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the File tab to see the download link. Click the link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
Read the upload description for installation instructions. If nothing else is specified, do the following:
No Extraction Required (Script Mods):
1. Cut and paste the .zip file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
Script mods need to be placed directly in \Mods or one level below that (e.g. \Mods\Scripts) – sub-folders nested any deeper won’t work.
Extraction Required (Everything Else):
1. Use WinRAR (Windows) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
2. Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Mods folder
  • Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\
  • Windows Vista/7/8/8.1: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\


Need more information?
  • Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR.
  • If you don't have a Mods folder, just make one.
  • Mod still not working? Make sure you have script mods enabled
 
Page 9 of 9
224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 133 Feedback Posts, 88 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#201 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:09 PM
SUper disappointed this now requires Outdoor, sonovabiiitch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#202 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 1:01 AM
This looks amazing! Thank you!
dodgy builder
#203 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 9:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterRuby03
I downloaded all five files, and have Outdoor Retreat, but the mod is not showing up in my game. What can I do to fix this?


Have you enabled scriptmods in game options. Don't have too many subfolders in your modfolder either.
Test Subject
#204 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 3:38 AM
Im having an issue with the pot they do the canning with because it is transparent for me, also the canning skill logo is missing. everything works its just those 2 things are not working. it's less than 1 folder deep, scripts are enabled, I tried it alone with out other mods. Just wanna check if there is a quick fix to this. thanks u!
Icy Spicy
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#205 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky123sl
Im having an issue with the pot they do the canning with because it is transparent for me, also the canning skill logo is missing. everything works its just those 2 things are not working. it's less than 1 folder deep, scripts are enabled, I tried it alone with out other mods. Just wanna check if there is a quick fix to this. thanks u!


Hi! Looks like a graphical issue! Can you tell me what is your game graphics settings ?
Test Subject
#206 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemunmun
Hi! Looks like a graphical issue! Can you tell me what is your game graphics settings ?

Resolution: 1366x768
Sims: Very high
Objects: Low
Lighting: Medium
Reflections: Medium
Visual Effects: Low
Edge Smoothing: High
3d scene resolution: Low
View distance: High
Uncompressed sim texture: On
Post processing effect: Off
Laptop mode: Off

im guessing the 3d resolution or object settings are reason for the pot issue, but idk about the skill logo
Icy Spicy
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#207 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky123sl
Resolution: 1366x768
Sims: Very high
Objects: Low
Lighting: Medium
Reflections: Medium
Visual Effects: Low
Edge Smoothing: High
3d scene resolution: Low
View distance: High
Uncompressed sim texture: On
Post processing effect: Off
Laptop mode: Off

im guessing the 3d resolution or object settings are reason for the pot issue, but idk about the skill logo


What patch are you on ? Do all icons (skills, buffs etc) appear properly in your game ? I am asking this because after patching some time back ( most probably due to incomplete patch and wonky internet), the icons in my game all looked like the white lama thingy. After I repaired my game all the icons started appearing properly again. Also the buff icons are appearing properly ? Do you have any other trait mods or mods in general which add new buffs, traits etc ?
Test Subject
#208 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM
Default not showing up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Have you enabled scriptmods in game options. Don't have too many subfolders in your modfolder either.

i have it in correct spot and script mods on and cant find it what folder as in game like "applianances" would it be in
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:52 AM
I was really looking forward to this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#210 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:19 AM
This is very creative and detailed, however, none of your items work in my game, including the harvestables. I keep re-downloading your plants, but they never show up in my game and I don't understand why. Even when I try to just "open your package files with", the only option that comes up is Sims 3. I don't understand what's going on. I like your creations, but it's really sad that I can't use them. I'm glad others can though.
Test Subject
#211 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemunmun
What patch are you on ? Do all icons (skills, buffs etc) appear properly in your game ? I am asking this because after patching some time back ( most probably due to incomplete patch and wonky internet), the icons in my game all looked like the white lama thingy. After I repaired my game all the icons started appearing properly again. Also the buff icons are appearing properly ? Do you have any other trait mods or mods in general which add new buffs, traits etc ?


I am on the latest patch, all my icons show up in game. all the buffs icons are appearing just fine, I do have other mods that have custom buffs such as the bee box and the fashion career, etc. (ill try repairing my game and see if that helps)
Icy Spicy
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjholli
i have it in correct spot and script mods on and cant find it what folder as in game like "applianances" would it be in


Hi!, It should be under Appliances> Stoves. Just to be sure you have unzipped the files in the mod folders ?. Try searching for 'Canning' in the catalouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims*fan
This is very creative and detailed, however, none of your items work in my game, including the harvestables. I keep re-downloading your plants, but they never show up in my game and I don't understand why. Even when I try to just "open your package files with", the only option that comes up is Sims 3. I don't understand what's going on. I like your creations, but it's really sad that I can't use them. I'm glad others can though.


The reason the option for sims 3 comes up because you have most likely got S3PE installed. .package files are associated with both sims 3 and sims 4 but they are structured differently. For opening sims 4 packages you require S4PE or Sims4Studio.
About harvestables - Have you looked under the misc appliances ? The harvestables ( not the plants ) are in the misc appliances and if you do not find them all turn on the Debug mode. You can also search with the name of the harvestable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky123sl
I am on the latest patch, all my icons show up in game. all the buffs icons are appearing just fine, I do have other mods that have custom buffs such as the bee box and the fashion career, etc. (ill try repairing my game and see if that helps)


Its strange that the buffs appear but the icon does not as its basically similar resources. Can you please repair your game and post a screenshot of the empty icon if it persisits ?
Test Subject
#213 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
Its strange that the buffs appear but the icon does not as its basically similar resources. Can you please repair your game and post a screenshot of the empty icon if it persisits ? [/QUOTE]

Yeah I just repaired my game, still it's not working. [IMG][/IMG]
Icy Spicy
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#214 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:29 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 21st Sep 2017 at 11:10 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky123sl

Yeah I just repaired my game, still it's not working.


Hey,
I did some testing and found that when the object graphical setting is set to low, the skill icon appears empty because the skill icon is of the dimension 140 x 140 . The buffs appear because their dimension is smaller ( 40 X 40) . It appears that the object graphical setting controls the icon rendering too. If you want to replace with a smaller icon, PM me and i will tell you how.
Scholar
#215 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 1:50 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you're looking for a way to implement this without Outdoor Retreat, or should I just try to forget about it? This is something I know I'd get a LOT of use out of, as I tend to play with harvestables a lot, but I'm pretty determined to stay base game only. No pressure intended, I just want to know whether it's worth my while checking back for updates or not.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#216 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemunmun
Hey,
I did some testing and found that when the object graphical setting is set to low, the skill icon appears empty because the skill icon is of the dimension 140 x 140 . The buffs appear because their dimension is smaller ( 40 X 40) . It appears that the object graphical setting controls the icon rendering too. If you want to replace with a smaller icon, PM me and I will tell you how.


Ok so i did turn up my object graphics settings to medium and it works now, im going to try and see if my game can run decently if it can not I'll message about getting the smaller icon. Thanks again! p.s. the pot transparency issue is still a problem, but I can live with it since I am not planning on staring at my sims 24/7 canning stuff. thanks again!
Icy Spicy
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
Hi, I was just wondering if you're looking for a way to implement this without Outdoor Retreat, or should I just try to forget about it? This is something I know I'd get a LOT of use out of, as I tend to play with harvestables a lot, but I'm pretty determined to stay base game only. No pressure intended, I just want to know whether it's worth my while checking back for updates or not.


Hey, I do have plans to make this base game compatible. However, I am swamped with work related stuff at the moment so It will require some time to figure out a viable method. Sorry!
Scholar
#218 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemunmun
Hey, I do have plans to make this base game compatible. However, I am swamped with work related stuff at the moment so It will require some time to figure out a viable method. Sorry!

That's cool, I understand! Life is like that sometimes. I'm really glad to hear that you do intend to work on it though. Hopefully it won't give you too much trouble!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#219 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:35 AM
Coooool! Can't wait to try it!
Field Researcher
#220 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM
I love , love , love this!!!!!!! Having fun canning.
Also My family is about to go off the grid and I really want them to be able to stock up a little faster. Would be at all possible.... (Gets down on my knee, using puppy eyes and raised arms in supplication) If at level 8 to 10 we could upgrade the cannery or be at the level where we are so good at canning that we can get 2 sometimes three jars from every batch. I mean were so savy and efficient at that level that we no longer leave half the fruit, crystallized and glued, to the bottom of the pot, each time we cook.
Thanks. No worries if you don't want to or can't I understand you have a busy schedule but just a personal want on my behalf.
Test Subject
#221 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Have you enabled scriptmods in game options. Don't have too many subfolders in your modfolder either.


I have the same problem as the person Volvenom is replying to, I have all the files downloaded and Outdoor Retreat but none of the content shows up in my game. I have scriptmods enabled and I have only two subfolders in my Mods folder. Please, someone help me get this working, I love this mod more than any I've ever seen, it's so creative and self-contained and would be so useful to me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#222 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:08 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:32 AM
Very very thanks, this is the most fantastic mods I've ever had...!!! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
#224 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkerLLAP
I have the same problem as the person Volvenom is replying to, I have all the files downloaded and Outdoor Retreat but none of the content shows up in my game. I have scriptmods enabled and I have only two subfolders in my Mods folder. Please, someone help me get this working, I love this mod more than any I've ever seen, it's so creative and self-contained and would be so useful to me!



Hi trekkerLLAP, did you try to fix the game or update it? Or put the Files directly in the Mode folder without using subfolders?
There is also the possibility that using the trick .. "bb.showhiddenobjects" you can find what you are looking for.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#225 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:42 PM
Thank you sooooo much! I really love this mod.
Page 9 of 9