This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
--- Version 3 of the mod is now fully compatible with the Sketchpad introduced with the 1.47.49 (November 13, 2018).
Version 2 of the mod fixed a bug which occurs with other normal paintings which can cause them to lose their image textures. As always, be sure to remove the old version
when you update the mod!
Ok, I hate the blobby paintings in the game produced by the Paint By Reference action at an easel and I know I'm not the only one that feels that way. I played around with a way to make the painting by reference not use that effect years ago to no avail. I turned my thoughts to the problem again today and realized that when paint by reference stores its images in the save game (in the clientDB.package file) it also stores a copy of the original image. A bit more playing around revealed the blobby painting is just a filter effect, similar to the ones used on the photography skill in the game.
So I figured, why not make the Set Filter command available to paintings, maybe that would clear that effect and to my surprise it really was that easy.
This simple little mod adds that Set Filter menu to all sim-created paintings. It won't do anything on a regular crafted painting, but when used on a paint by reference one it allows you to set any of the available filters quickly and easily. It will even work on a painting by reference that was created before installing the mod and the change will persist even if the mod is removed.
I also added a new interaction to allow setting the filter back to the "Painting" style should you end up deciding you liked that better.
Installation Instructions and Compatibility
- This is a simple packaged XML mod, so just unzip the file into your mods folder.
- Note that removing the mod will not restore the blobby painting effect, if you decide you don't want that you will need to set the painting filter back on prior to removal.
- This mod was written and tested for The Sims 4 version 1.47.49 (November 13, 2018).
- The mod alters several of the game XML resources, and will conflict with any mods that modify the same resources:
- S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000007F8B (object_Canvas_small)
- S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_0000000000008F18 (object_Canvas_med)
- S4_B61DE6B4_00000000_00000000000020FB (object_Canvas_large)
- The mod adds new interactions to set the filters on the paintings. These should not conflict with others mods:
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_8854517F0EAF49C0 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Plain_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_8A8BC4AE8CEAFA5D (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Oversaturated_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_8E448FB99327DB98 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Paint_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_AB7C62E2EC4533ED (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Warm_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_BF18D900080A9701 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Undersaturated_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_C612969BD536A0EA (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Sepia_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_CCF1F14D403E1E1E (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Vignette_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_D2A8188053D7540B (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_WhiteVignette_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_D699E0E722DF5ABD (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Cool_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_E46AF55556B0DF44 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Bright_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_EEBBF003B5860AB0 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_BlackWhite_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_EF5CDE60C1E3CC28 (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Dark_BG)
- S4_E882D22F_00000000_F8AA350509CD4ADC (Scumbumbo_immediateSI_Photos_SetFilter_Invert_BG)
- Kuree and all the others at Sims4Group who have put together the S4PE tool