Ye Olde Cooper Barrels in Pooklet Natural Recolours
Date Posted: 18th Dec 2011 at 10:52 PM
Ye Olde Cooper Barrel Recolours
Michelle has created some very clean Pooklet Natural recolours for Ye Olde Cooper Barrels at the Plumb Bob Keep
August 1, 2011: New Release & Updates
UPGRADE #2: Ye Olde Cooper's Barrel & Sacks
Date Posted: 16th Feb 2011 at 5:29 AM
Upgrade #2: Compost Sourcing, Enhanced Viewing & Skill Building, Feb 15/11
Please download UPGRADE #2 of Ye Olde Cooper's Barrel & Sacks
to gain the following enhancements:
1) Contents recolours now select properly, even when an object is first obtained from the catalogue.
2) The Traditional Trash Bucket is now a source for Seasons
3) To reflect its size compared to typical trash receptacles, the capacity of the Traditional Trash Bucket has been moderately increased.
4) NPCs and playable characters will now empty the Trash Bucket even if it only contains unwanted objects, rather than just conventional trash.
5) The Omnivorous Trash Bucket (for Cheaters) has been removed but re-released in Barrels for Brigands
. It now has its own GUID and is fully autonomous.
6) All Viewable objects in the set now build Creativity Skill at a rate of 2/3 that of the Painting Easel.
7) The hidden "Easter egg" now works more reliably, and players will be given a hint when a Sim gains a point of Creativity.
8) If FreeTime
, Apartment Life
, or Mansion & Garden Stuff
is installed, Viewing or Critiquing builds Arts & Crafts Enthusiasm.
9) If FreeTime
or the later games are installed, the "View Many" option is available - on all lots. This works well for skill building.
10) Autonomous viewing can be annoying, so Sims will not autonomously view any of these objects unless a player directs a Sim to do so. From that point on, any Sim may autonomously view the object, although this mode will time out in 30 to 36 game hours, or if "Reset Autonomy" is selected.
Maintenance Free Dishwasher with NPC Worker - Motive Checking Fix, Nov 2/10
Date Posted: 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:58 PM
Update: Dishwasher NPC Motive Checking Fix, Nov. 2, 2010
If you downloaded the project prior to November 2, 2010, please install this update. Due to a frustrating little logic error (substituting a 1 for a 0), NPC motive checking was disabled, which in extreme situations could allow the NPC to become very uncomfortable or even die. I really don't want any dead NPCs on my conscience!
Date Posted: 26th Oct 2010 at 8:07 PM
I have several things on the go, and I know I need to stop and finish some of them off. The water barrel & puddle project keeps growing
and currently needs tweaking to allow for skill gain when mopping up the puddles. Then there's lots of variants of the barrels, buckets and sacks that still need making and/or finishing.
Now in the moderation queue: a variant of the NPC Worker that will attach to the cheaper basegame dishwasher. This NPC is designed to use less resources, for complex lots, small lots, and slower computers - so the cleaning check will only occur once per hour, and by default the worker will stay in the disappeared mode whenever there is no work to do.
There will also be an NPC Worker based on the Bon Voyage
Housekeeper, to allow for a bit more variety. Well, yes, and I also confess I have dreams of a live-in masseuse, butler, and fortune teller. Actually the live-in masseuse has now become my current project.
StephSim is also waiting for me to complete my grill and flexible appliance project, which is another medieval compatible set that would also be useful in simpler or more rural modern times.
Well that's all for now. Just about to embark on a road trip.
Upgrade to Ye Olde Cooper's Barrel and Sack Miscellany / Water Bucket Bug
Date Posted: 28th Jun 2010 at 6:48 PM
Barrels and Sacks: Enhanced Mesh, Catalogue, Animation & Extra Recolours - Aug 7, 2010
Please download the new archive sdBarrel_Contents_ExtraRecolours.zip
and the revised versions of sdBarrelsSack_Basegame.zip
to gain the following upgrades:
1) Mesh enhancements which increase the clarity of the Contents textures, the bottom Surface of the barrels and the catalogue thumbnails, while in some cases reducing the poly count and filesize. This is a very noticeable improvement!
2) Custom catalogue thumbnails which tilt the barrels so that you can more easily select the desired Contents recolours. If you first installed this set prior to August 7, 2010 and are using one of the later EPs, please Control-Right-Click on each thumbnail to update it.
3) Improved animations for use with the trash barrel and trash bucket, so that Sims no longer remove an invisible lid.
4) Smaller package filesizes, using SIMPE's built-in compression.
5) Eleven additional Contents recolours.
6) For all barrels and buckets that contain Contents, they now appear full when moving or recolouring, no matter what their state during live mode. This feature makes recolouring easier.
7) Eat and Salvage are now available from the Trash Barrel and Trash Bucket, not only for Sloppy Sims but for all
Zombies and Active Werewolves.
8) The No-Cheat Trash Bucket no longer allows Apartment rent bills to be destroyed.
I am also aware that the Water Bucket included in StephSim's Gwrych Medieval Prison Towers
does not properly restore saved water levels. I have fixed this bug and plan to release it with a Water Barrel, a set of five puddles with many recolours, a Purely Decorative Barrel and a Purely Decorative Bucket, following the posting of Ye Olde Cooper's upgrade. All components of this new set are complete, although I may not be able to resist adding one or two more puddle recolours prior to release.
The Hollywood Movie Collection: Second Rotation of Videos Now Available
Date Posted: 16th Mar 2010 at 1:10 AM
Sorry for the huge delay! I have just posted the second rotation of free videos for this project, plus Rebel Without a Cause
and all the TvCleaning videos.
I have been at work on several Sims 2 projects simultaneously, but not brought any to completion for a while. However, you will see some of my more recent objects included in StephSim's lots.
The Hollywood Movie Collection: Videos are Now Available on a Rotational Basis
Date Posted: 17th Jul 2009 at 8:49 PM
As a trial, I will be posting a selection of the videos I converted for The Hollywood Movie Collection
project at my free server. To keep bandwidth within the server's limits a selection of these videos - one for each channel - will be rotated through about once per month.
La Ghirlandata Update: June 20, 2009
Date Posted: 22nd May 2009 at 6:26 PM
Now that Stephanie (StephSim
) and I are together at last, I find that I have a bit more time to take care of my previously posted projects. The image links in all my previous threads have now been updated so that they no longer show up as blank boxes and the new download category flags have been set appropriately.
I plan to do some maintenance updates to some of my previous uploads as time permits.