Have an opinion? Of course you do! Help creators perfect their creations by posting your opinions on creations in progress in our Creator Feedback Forum! Whether you're a creator yourself or just a downloader, every opinion helps!
Just installed the Sims 3 patch or about to? Read this article for helpful advice about patching and keeping your custom content working!
Hey, guys. If you're reading this, you probably don't have anything better to do. I'm not a creator in the sense that I make items or clothes for the game, but I AM a creator in that I write stories and use pictures from The Sims 2. So, I guess my creation policies are as follows:
1. You may not use my pictures without my express permission. The pictures that are allowed for use are on the fan forum and may only be used for personal use (such as desktop pictures). They may not be used for the purpose of your own stories, contests, etc.
2. You may not use, copy, etc. any portion of my story without my permission. I put years of work into it. You wouldn't steal the work of a published author, so don't steal mine either.
3. Do not nag at me for updates. I have many other important things in my life to take care of: work, my friends and family, various other hobbies and interests, etc. My life does not center around writing, and I am under no obligation to update. Asking when I will update will not make me update faster; it will simply make me cranky. And when I'm cranky, I don't feel like writing.
4. If you want to know where I got that hair/outfit/whatever, don't just vaguely ask where I got so-and-so's hair. Believe it or not, I do not have everything memorized. It's much nicer to mention the character, chapter, part, and even picture. I'm willing to track down the item in question, as long as I'm asked nicely.
5. Feedback is always welcome. I enjoy hearing from you folks. Comment in the story, PM me, whatever. I like knowing that people are reading my story, and that I'm not just writing stuff that's being ignored.