View Full Version : Newborn Skins
7th Jan 2006, 04:03 PM
hello does anyone know how to make newborn skins they are really cool. I have seen them on another site and would like to make some of my own
Hope you can help
7th Jan 2006, 06:34 PM
if by newborn skin syou are reffering to the little shirts on newbrons, those are not actually clothing....they are part of the skintone, creatively painted to look like clothing. to do this, you must open a skin tone in bodyshop liek you would if you were making a custom skin, and open the images for the newbron, and paint the little shirt on those. keep in mind, the diaper is seperate and will still be over whatever you put on the skin. good luck!
p.s. i have made several of these myself, and can probably help you if you need more help, so feel free to ask, ok?
8th Jan 2006, 01:48 AM
uhm.....let me try again.
1. start up bodyshop.
2.select create parts
3.select start new project.
4. select genetics.
5. choose the image of the hand (where your skintones are kept).
6.choose the skintone you want your baby to have.
7.click the folder with the arrow to export it.
8.name it whatever you like, then export. sometimes skintones take a second to export.
9.open your paint program.
10. in your paint program, choose open, and navigate to where your projects folder is (documents/eagames/sims2/projects)
11.find the folder with the name of what you named your skintone.
12. open "bfmbodynormal~body~stdMatBaseTextureName"
13. what you will be looking at is the baby, with no diaper on. the diaper is seperate, so even though you do not see it here, it will be there in your game.
14. paint the shirt on as you desire, keeping in mind where the diaper would show up.
15. when you are done, just click save. do not change the name of the file or where the file is kept.
16. open your project folder again and this time select the file named "swatch". this is what the thumbnail will look like for the skintone that has the babyshirt you are creating.
17. make the thumbnail look like whatever you like. i usually just paste the pattern of the shirt i painted on it, but you can do whatever you wish.
18. click save, again do not change any filename or location.
19. close your paint program.
20. in bodyshop, click refresh. the only change you will see will be the thumbnail. enter in the tooltip whatever you like, for example "my baby clothing"
21. click import into game.
22. click ok on the screen that comes up next.
23. close bodyshop.
24. go into your game. click create a family.
25. make two sims with the skintones you created.
26. play them in game, and have them have a baby together.
27. there is a 75% chance that the baby will use your skintone when it is born.
i am not an expert at writing tutorials, but i tried to be thorough. i hope this helps. again, feel free to ask me for help. i am pretty sure i can be of help.
8th Jan 2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all your help, i folloed your instuctions and i tried to make a babygrow because i think that's what they should be wearing Ha Ha and this how it came out.
Just gotta figure out how to colour the nappy now
Thanks for your help
8th Jan 2006, 06:14 PM
it's adorable...as far as coloring teh nappy/diaper...i have no idea, lol...but if i come across something i will let you know
8th Jan 2006, 07:23 PM
I wanna do this
8th Jan 2006, 08:14 PM
I coloured the babygrow to white and this is what i got i'm so confused :insane:
8th Jan 2006, 08:58 PM
i am not sure why that would happen....you may want to back track and see if you missed somthing somewhere. how did you get rid of the diaper?
9th Jan 2006, 09:37 AM
Just thought i would let you know that i have sorted out the white/Black problem that i had thanks to my hubby apparently it had something to do with the UV. But he managed to do it in white so i have done some for all four skin tones wearing plain white babygrows. Which to be honest i think looks better because if you have pink or blue babygrows and you have a male baby wearing a pink babygrow, i know i wouldn't like it.
When i have worked out the nappy colouring thing i will probably do some lemon and green baby grows.
Thanks for all your help.
I am thinking about them up for Download and if i do some of the credit will go to you, oh and hubby!
11th Jan 2006, 07:37 AM
I created some babygrows a while back, but since then due to personal issues I pretty much dropped out of the creating community for almost a year. They aren't skintones, and all babies will wear them and they replace the default diaper too. Maggie was actually working with me on these when I so rudely vanished without saying a word (Sorry Maggie) but I'd be more than happy to try and help you in your endeavours (btw, in the same way it's possible to create a t-shirt and diaper set using the default mesh and my replacement UV's)
11th Jan 2006, 08:12 AM
Jorenne! I LOved those outfits you made! when my pc had a bug, everything got erased and i had no idea how to get them back again. i would really love it if there could be soem way to get those again.
i do hope you are okay, also.
my email is now [email protected]
, i wouldlove to hear from you!
11th Jan 2006, 02:34 PM
I mailed you :)
Just a quick question for everyone, is there really much interest in newborn clothes anymore? Would people be interested if I did another series/collection of them and uploaded them someplace?
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.