View Full Version : 1001 Creative Ideas!
21st Jul 2012, 06:16 PM
Here are some ideas on what to do on your Sims Game! :)
---This is my first thread, so yeah---
Feel free to add some more Creative Ideas!
1) Make a normal family with a small house[2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms]
- 1 Grandparent[Mother's Side]
- 1 Mom
- 1 Dad
- 1 Son[Teenager]
- 2 Daughters[Child and Toddler]
2) Make a Retirement Home[Apartment Life and University Needed]
- 4 Bedrooms with Bathrooms
- 1 Cafeteria[use the Cook's stove like in the Dorms, so the Cook can come in]
- Optional: Make a extra bedroom with a noisy young adult that makes the Elders mad!
3) Make a Mini-Mall
- 1 Clothing Store/Boutique
- 2 Restaurants
- 1 Grocery Store
- 1 Magazine Store
- 1 Video Game Store
You may continue the rest. :)
21st Jul 2012, 06:53 PM
4) Make a Senior Centre
- Build a venue with chess sets, easels, pianos, whatever old people like
- Use the visitor controller so only elders will visit the lot
- Watch the elders falling in love again left and right!
21st Jul 2012, 06:56 PM
Ooo Funny :)
5) Make a Elder Relaxation Spa[Bon Voyage Required]
- 3 Massage Tables
- 2 Sauna Rooms
- 1 Bowling Alley
- 1 Cafe
21st Jul 2012, 08:03 PM
6) Make a Teenager's Centre
- a lounge
- Play room
21st Jul 2012, 09:52 PM
7) Military Base!
- Bedroom[all soldiers must share]
- General's Office
- Public Restroom
- Soldier Restroom w/ Showers
21st Jul 2012, 10:18 PM
8) Make a projects block!
- Worn-down community centre
- Low-income, very small flats in a highrise fashion
- Public laundry area
- Public mail area
- Parking lot with older cars, burning trash bins, etc.
9) Convenience Store!
- Use CC food and vending machines
- Make shelves of prepackaged goods
- Have a cigarette display behind the counter, and a hats display near it
- Postcards, an ice machine, and some form of pay-laundry machine is another idea
21st Jul 2012, 10:39 PM
10) I really like MuletotheFoxxes' idea in the Business Ideas (http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3905540&highlight=deli#post3905540) thread (hopefully she won't mind me reposting this):
I tend to have a deli case in my food stores. Full of salad, sandwiches, and turkey. Sometimes mac and cheese too. You could open a deli and just sell what you think would be in a deli.
Cassandre from BPS has some great-looking deco food here (http://www.blackpearlsims.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4851) and a few could be useful for a deli- a turkey, sliced meat, mashed potatoes, etc. Their in-game price is pretty cheap, though, so they're probably best used for decoration.
11) At your retirement home or senior center you could hold senior dances. You could set up a stereo to play big band music, and maybe turn jealousy off with a hack so they can classic dance with each other without admirers getting mad.
12) I've heard of people designating one of their sims to be a wedding planner. He or she could buy the flowers, decorations, wedding cake, etc. And when he/she's done the bride and groom could pay him with Monique's computer or Simwardrobe's checkbook.
13) A charity-type thing.... When sim kids have outgrown their baby and toddler things, their parent(s) could give it to someone involved with the charity. Then, he or she could give it to a needy family. There could be a similar thing with food, too: make a group meal and give it to a sim going through hard times. If they won't accept the donations as a gift, you could make it part of the story (too proud to accept charity). Or you could make whichever sim is the visitor selectable and just transfer the stuff from the volunteer's inventory to the recieving sim.
14) Hexameter has a horse cloned from a car (http://www.modthesims.info/d/119414), along with a bunch of other horses attached to carriages. Using that car display thing from OFB, you could make an at-home horse breeder business. (Well, theoretically anyway, I haven't tried it. I assume it'd work, though.)
ETA: Whoops! Cross-posted with DigitalSympathies. Fixed my numbers.
22nd Jul 2012, 06:36 PM
15) Make a Flea Market!
- Stores[Clothing, Magazine, Computer, etc.]
22nd Jul 2012, 11:33 PM
16) A Biker's Club, with a bar. the Counterfeating machine can be added for a more criminal atmosphere.
22nd Jul 2012, 11:46 PM
For those simmers who want to really live on the wild side: stripper bars and 'no-tell motels', using some hacked objects from an adult site which will remain nameless-but everyone knows which one I'm referring to.
My 'woohoo' motel is the hottest spot in town, and everyone has fun there! No jealousy and lots of social interactions! :)
(Secret to the lot and others-the hacked pink flamingo from another site. It's great to keep everyone in a good mood, and full all motives.)
29th Jul 2012, 07:01 PM
18) Make a Hot-Tub Restaurant!
- Hot Tubs indoor, and outdoor
- Make a Restaurant indoor and outdoor
29th Jul 2012, 11:01 PM
FranH, I've done that. ;) The woo hoo hotel screwed up a lot of happy marriages. There was one guy who couldn't go anywhere without being slapped by someone. Also, the SimBlender can be used to keep everyone's motives full if you need to.
19) Dog park. Build a big community lot with lots of things on it that are fun for humans and dogs.
20) Animal shelter. This one is a residential lot with one or two humans, plus lots of pets. Try getting them to tame stray animals, then give them to friends (i.e. adopt them out).
30th Jul 2012, 12:28 AM
21)Make a 60's "free love" commune.
- Use the 60's themed stuff that came with Uni
- Make an apartment with plenty of outdoor space and add seasons food plots and the bubble blower
-Move a bunch of adult sims in to the apartments and use a hack to turn off Jealousy
22) Create a photography studio where sims can go to get portraits done.
- I can't remember which EP the camera came with but it's a career reward.
23) Make a home for "emotionally disturbed" youth
-Create a home with rooms for many teens or children
-Create someone to watch over them(a nurse?)
- Move in children/teens and set their aspiration meters to red
-Don't actively fulfill wants. When aspiration climbs to platinum they can move out.
24) Create an auctioneer sim. Move him/her in to the homes of elderly sims on the brink of death. When they die designate the lot as a home business and have the auctioneer sell off the dead sims possessions.
2nd Oct 2012, 10:22 PM
25) Make a bunch of Sims from a video game or a book series. :)
2nd Oct 2012, 11:19 PM
26. Make a school (community lot)
-things to download
--hugelunatic's one tile desks (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=370799)
-- whiteboard (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=311530) and chalkboard (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=318954) recolors of the two dogs and an olive painting.
--Vocational Controller from simwardrobe.com for the actual classes (or Kate's Lecture podium)
--shiny tyme NPC anywhere hack from Simlogical (http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Eating.htm) for school cafeteria.
--visitor controller from Simbology (http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=17.0) to make sure only kids and teens can go to your school lot and to allow access to teachers
--Monique's hacked computer (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=64137) Click on this link (http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93501.0.html) if your current expansion pack is AL. (optional for skills other than cooking, cleaning, and mechanical)
2 or more classrooms (at least one for kids and one for teens)
1 home ec room with full kitchen and sewing machines. You can use the vocational trainer to teach cooking or cleaning also.
1 art classroom with easels and FT pottery wheels. If you have the lecture podium, you can teach creativity here.
1 band room with instruments
1 library with computer lab
boys & girls bathrooms
playground area outside with (FT & AL playground equipment if applicable)
I tend to make my community lot schools owned businesses with the principal as the owner. They can set the school hours, hire teachers, and even teach some classes if their skills are good. If there are not enough kids or teens on the lot, the principal can use a teleporter like inge's shrub to summon more students to class.
-add a school secretary's office and a principal's office
-add a school nurse's office
-add a detention hall
-add a gym with basketball goals or soccer goals from freetime.
-make the school a boarding school on a residential lot by adding students rooms upstairs with myne doors. If you don't want the students to live with you, use the meeting controller (http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Teleporters.htm) from simlogical to summon your students to school and make them selectable. For an example of a small boarding school, click here (http://mimis-blogofrandomness.tumblr.com/post/31105282287/pleasantview-academy).
2nd Oct 2012, 11:44 PM
Give every non-romance sim in Strangetown romance as a secondary. Including the Curious brothers. See how many sims they can pork and pray like hell they don't get caught cheating. And see who will get to marry Olive Specter and her moneys... or perhaps become cowie-plant food if she is able to get a cowplant. Turn Olive into a teen(using the genie youth wish hack if you have Freetime) and send her to college, have her cowplant all the default cowie mascots, and perhaps other members of the pep-squad, as well as the professors, streakers and coaches. Who will she be attracted to, and will the object of her affection become cowie-food after she tires of him?
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.