Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
@Sweet Mystre ... Right now, I'm between ALL the families. Each has their own story to tell. There isn't one family that is making me think, "No way I can handle that one!" I have my three favorites, but it remains to be seen whether I'm going to use them.

Initially, I had written that perhaps we would be randomly assigned a family; perhaps a dice roll or coin toss. But looking at post #82 here, joandsarah77 wrote that WE could pick.

If there is no random selection, I might be the one rolling the dice or flipping the coin! It might be a personal challenge. It's not as if I'm the Star Builder here. I can be playful. I can take chances. It might be interesting if I assign myself the family I find a little more challenging. So my dice is ready for the next round!

Wait... you mean we will be choosing? I read rules but I swear my eyes do that skippy thing and I just see* the pretty pictures.
Oh, well- bring on the challenge.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:22 PM Last edited by gazania : 13th Apr 2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: TAILS, not TALES. Lack of caffeine bad.
I like choosing, but I like the challenge of the unknown as well. I like this round. I didn't know what to expect. I think not exactly knowing might inspire a fresher build. It may also inspire a terrible one. But it's not as if people are awaiting my Next Big Lot Idea. I can just take chances, make mistakes and have a little fun.

So it's time to polish my favorite coin (in case only a couple of families suit a lot's dimensions ... that single Sim would look a little lost in a mansion-sized parcel, for instance. In that case, I would do a heads or tails selection). If more than two families will fit that lot, it's time to roll that dice.

My favorite part may be the community lot part at the end. Community lots are my favorites to build.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Field Researcher
#203 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:40 PM
I think both ways, having to choose or randomising, can be fun. It's basically just a different challenge. And as far as I've observed from previous similar challenges, people have different ideas as to which families fit which foundation/budget best. So, I don't think everyone's going to choose the same family in each round.

What I found kinda curious, though, is that Jo decided to assign the random objects to the families and the budget to the foundation and not the other way around. Though, again, both ways just make for a different challenge, I guess. ^_^

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#204 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 8:43 PM
Huzzah, I've got my play-along finished! I even uploaded it!
So I wanted to do something a tad different, so I tried to make an apartment building on the foundation. Since we can have at most 4 units, I decided to x4 the budget. Each apartment is exactly identical, and they actually each come in under $25k because they have to pay for a bit of the ground floor as well. I stuck with the no CC rule, and I used the ugly fridge - it actually helped me to a retro kitchen.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#205 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:18 PM
Woah! What a neat idea.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Link Ninja
#206 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 9:26 PM
I love that you made a four-square game out front! <3

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Top Secret Researcher
#207 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:04 PM
Beautiful play-along lot, Phaenoh, and good eye, Charmful! I didn't notice it was a 4 square until you mentioned it. Dang, I am such a newb.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#208 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Oh. My. Goodness!!! We're at 20 already
...why did I say I'd be a judge? *gasp* You guys are really gonna make us work aren't you!?! I see several super-cute perfect little houses (yeah, like 20!) LOL!
So, @Jo, when do we get out the red markers?

Hey cat, I am waiting on one other person who wants to submit a judging application. Also I will do you guys up a tip sheet on what I am looking for. Since there is 20 I will give 2 weeks not one for judging because well we do have to eat and sleep sometimes. If I don't have to fill third slot I will judge play along.

PS. Cat, doing @Jo won't hail me the site is very proper you know, full names only *sniff*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#209 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:38 PM
Since all the spaces for contestants are gone (I was away on holiday!) I am putting in an application to judge.

I have many lot uploads here at MTS but here is one of my latest

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589441
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589441

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Top Secret Researcher
#210 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:40 PM
I'm itching to get started on the next house. Do we have to wait 10 or 11 days?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#211 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:46 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 13th Apr 2017 at 11:38 PM.
Okay guys I am going back a page and will do up a long post to everyone. I am very sorry to those who missed being on the table due to either their first entry not passing at the time, being away on holidays or just not seeing the contest in time. I had no idea how many would want to join!

I will make a play along table once I have posted back to everyone on these last two pages.

@gazania my head is spinning!

@SimsRocka778 if you want to play along you may enter for that. When you post you need to state at the top 'Play Along' and I will add you to the play along table that I am making. I will be judging that seperatly. Play alongs are not in the running for a ribbon though.

@Peni Griffin Don't do that. There are at least 5 or more now who missed out. It's unfortunate but that is how it is. Since this is so popular I might do another after awhile. Once I recover from this one!

@PenelopeT I fully understand. When I do another-which I probably will given how popular this one is, I will give you an early heads up on it.

@Greenplumbbob Thanks.

@TheFlyingRaccoon Sorry but the table if full. There will be a play along table.

@Charmful I haven't really had time to think yet lol. I'll let you know.

@*_Drew~ Your pictures are fine, do you receive the pm? The way your name is with special characters means you might not be receiving my hail here.

@Phaenoh I see that. I will look at it later. I still haven't even had breakfast.

@Karen Lorraine Application for judge accepted.

@yavannatw This round will be shortened. I have not changed any times yet though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#212 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 10:53 PM
@yavannatw I'm sure now that the contest has the required contestants and when Jo has sorted out who the final judge is she will close this round. The judges can then get to judging and then she will think about posting the next round's foundation. Contestants usually want to wait a while to see how they've done in the previous round before they post their next entry because the comments and scores are usually helpful with building the following round

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#213 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:19 PM
I can wait. There is much a contestant can do while waiting, since we know what the families might need. We can brush up on rusty skills, or learn new ones. Look at the families here and online house plans and pictures and try to get a vague picture for what styles we'll want for each family. See from the evaluations if there is something we need to work on. Look at our OWN lots now that the pressure is off and see if we need to work on certain techniques. (I can see a couple of self-critiques in my lot already!) That sort of thing.

Though now with my luck, I'll relax too much and find I have the second deadline in a couple of days.

For many of us, holidays are either already here or coming up within a week. So perhaps those who celebrate can relax and enjoy them. Oh, and actually play the game, too.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Top Secret Researcher
#214 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I can wait. There is much a contestant can do while waiting, since we know what the families might need. We can brush up on rusty skills, or learn new ones. Look at the families here and online house plans and pictures and try to get a vague picture for what styles we'll want for each family. See from the evaluations if there is something we need to work on. Look at our OWN lots and see if we need to work on certain techniques. (I can see a couple of self-critiques in my lot already!) That sort of thing.

I'm already doing all that.
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:48 PM
Is the contest closed??? Oh man I was just finishing my pictures!!!! ;-;

Play my sims 3 version of The Princess Challenge

Currently playing The Dynasty Challenge
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#216 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:49 PM
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:53 PM
This is so not fair :c
I wanted to be on a contest so bad but because I wanted to sleep before posting my pictures I'm out ;-;

Theorist
#218 Old 13th Apr 2017 at 11:56 PM
@Letcupcake .. I was havin issue with my PSP ... lol. That's just how it goes sometimes :D

Don't let that discourage you though from joinin in the play along. Look at it as brushin up on your skills so that when the next contest comes out you'll be ready for it.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#219 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to work....10 hours! Stupid Easter. I hate Y.O.U.
I was away on holiday!

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#220 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:20 AM
Guys, join me in the play-along category. There is a chance Jo might be judging us!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#221 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:21 AM
Okay after much discussion in the staff room it's been decided that the two early posters, @*_Drew~ and @PenelopeT will be added to the board, making 22 contestants. They both had their entries in early they just had to tweak their pictures, which they both did.
There can be no more because of how much work it is to judge. Judging is a lot more work than it may look, but I have judged a few times now and it isn't easy, at all. So while I would love to allow everyone in, it simply isn't doable. I hope everyone understands.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:22 AM
I don't think I'll be joining the play along. I'm sorry. I had a really bad day and when I come home the cherry on top is not being able to participate on the contest. I'm so sorry. Thanks Calibrat.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#223 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:25 AM
Since Karen has filled the third judges seat I will judge the play along.

I fully understand Letcupcake, I had no idea how crazy this would get. As you can see even Admins have missed out!

Sorry Lunie

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#224 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:05 AM Last edited by yavannatw : 14th Apr 2017 at 1:06 AM. Reason: Correcting predictive
Sorry to those who missed out. I knew Jo was planning a beginners contest so kept an eye out. Due to its popularity I'm sure there'll be another one soon. Would love to see your pics Letcupcake.
Space Pony
#225 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by Kukamuukaanmuka : 14th Apr 2017 at 2:57 AM.
I have had fun to play my Walters, now I am sort of used to missing all my defaults (also genetics and chlothing, I took all cc out, not those in my "DO NOT REMOVE" folder ... Means I might have the WOW-effect when I eventally put all the defaults back :D

Good thing is , I am now deleting my concrete terrain defaults, I found out I actually like the maxian more

Allready made the both Elliots, they live in 1x1 lots with nothing in it (after James divorced Rhonda). Made them only because Walters started to feel a bit lonely, as living at standalone downtown where the only house was theirs :D

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

Page 9 of 106