Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#226 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:01 AM
Play Along Table added.

Kukamu, (sorry your name is really long and hard to copy paste) you can use cc in the folowing rounds if you like, you just lose the 5 bonus no cc points if you do. I am guessing your next choice of fmaily is the Elliot's.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#227 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Sorry but the table if full. There will be a play along table.

Oh, I did mention that I know that the table is full in my post. It was already meant as a play-along 'entry'. So, it would be great if you could add me to the play-along table. ^_^

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Space Pony
#228 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:23 AM
Jo, call me Ellu, that is short enough and my real name

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#229 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:26 AM
There is two Elliot's though..among the families we will choose. The Elliot's and Elliot.
Was it on purpose?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#230 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:35 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 14th Apr 2017 at 2:47 AM.
I try to stay away from voicing feelings because it's rarely helpful, but I feel I need to this time. While I am very happy that Karen can be a part in some way, I feel rather pushed aside.

It's not that I mind not being a judge, or that someone else got chosen. It's the discrepancy between telling me Emperor applied first, having Emperor say yes to judging in the other forum, then accepting Karens application because I suppose Emperor did not post a "formal" one. I did though, and I did so before Karen, so if I had to wait for Emperor because s/he was first then why wasn't I asked first once you decided to not go with Emperor as primary judge?

It comes across an awful lot like just not wanting me to be a judge, and if that's the case then please at least respect me enough to assume that an adult can handle being told so straight up without throwing a temper tantrum. And if that's not the case then an explanation goes a long way to making everyone more comfortable when you change the "rules".

Karen, I hope you understand that this has nothing to do with it being you specifically, and purely to do with the circumstances and the saying one thing and then doing something else. I am very disappointed that you couldn't get in, and that you didn't feel like doing it as play-along, because I really wanted to see what you would come up with. I was even debating asking if I could donate my spot to you, cause I'd rather see what you do than what I do, but I figured that might not be received well by others who wanted to participate but didn't get to.

Also, hi Ellu! I didn't know that was your user name here, so I'm glad jo's post prompted you to mention it! Fun to catch you over here

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Space Pony
#231 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:53 AM
hi neighbour <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Theorist
#232 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 2:53 AM
Okay after much discussion in the staff room it's been decided that the two early posters, @*_Drew~ and @PenelopeT will be added to the board, making 22 contestants. They both had their entries in early they just had to tweak their pictures, which they both did.
There can be no more because of how much work it is to judge. Judging is a lot more work than it may look, but I have judged a few times now and it isn't easy, at all. So while I would love to allow everyone in, it simply isn't doable. I hope everyone understands.

Thanks for reconsidering, Jo and judges, but I will be passing on the offer for a few reasons. Firstly, I deleted the images and hood that was created for this challenge from my computer this morning after deleting the postings here, and have no interest in setting up a new one, re-downloading the application lot, recreating the look I had before and taking retaking the images. Secondly, after seeing so many people disappointed like I was this morning (some even more so than I was) after realizing they'd missed out, I no longer have the desire to participate. Once things are no longer fun for me, it's time to let it go.

It's unfortunate that the slight cropping of my original images (1280x1024 vs 1250x880) that Voeille questioned was such an issue, but it is what it is.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Lab Assistant
#233 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:08 AM Last edited by SimsRocka778 : 14th Apr 2017 at 2:42 PM.
Wow this competition is so popular, i love it!
Anyway, i'm joining the play-along party with this lot.

The lot is $45 over the limit (because I read at the last minute you need a phone and a fire alarm oops) and i have some defaults (baby beds+baby chair) on but since this is just a play-along entry, I just kept it (i dunno lol).

edit- attached the new layout with the swapped kitchen and bathroom (thanks to @Phaenoh), other pictures aren't updated though.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#234 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:36 AM
Yikes SimRocka! Maybe you should invest in some curtains or blinds for your bathroom. Everyone on the front porch is going to get a show! Or, actually, swap your kitchen with your bathroom, they are both the same size and shape!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#235 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:42 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 14th Apr 2017 at 4:20 AM.
@gummilutt I already have you on the table as a contestant. I know a few pages back you volunteered to judge, but I thought you were just being nice, I posted back and said don't worry about it. I had no idea you really wanted to apply to be one sorry.
The judging application is as necessary as the contestant one. It has to say application to judge with a front and floor plan then it gets approved or not. Same for Emperor, she has not applied yet, Karen did. People's say so doesn't count. If you and Karen want to trade judge for contestant spot I can do that. She does have a lot ready I believe and your entry can count as a judges application. Judging isn't an easier task though, I'd say it's harder.

@PenelopeT I really am very sorry about what happened there.

@SimsRocka778 Welcome to the play along.

Swapping places is nice and all, but there are more people wanting spots then there are people who could swap. Also this table is hard work, I really don't want to be swapping out tons of names and entries.

The table is now closed, welcome to all 21 contestants. Now that we hopefully have the muddle mopped up I hope we can all have a good time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#236 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Yikes SimRocka! Maybe you should invest in some curtains or blinds for your bathroom. Everyone on the front porch is going to get a show! Or, actually, swap your kitchen with your bathroom, they are both the same size and shape!

omg, I wish I swapped them now
I'll edit it tomorrow!
Mad Poster
#237 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 3:59 AM Last edited by gazania : 14th Apr 2017 at 10:03 PM.
One advantage the play-alongs may have is that in the next contest ... and I really do see a Part 2 as well (perhaps with those of us in Part 1 holding off on signing up for a few days to let those who didn't have a chance this time sign up first ... or maybe we'll be the play-alongs next time) ... is that they'll have a pretty good idea what to expect in Part 2. This round had quite a few fits and starts. Even if the next group also has a large number of beginners, if they observe and/or play along, they'll be a bunch of old pros by then!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#238 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 4:07 AM
I wasn't prepared for the numbers. The last few contests didn't have this overwhelming response. I was worried I wouldn't even get 10. So I will be more prepared as well. This is my first time hosting and I am learning it all too, especially the tables. I didn't even know how to make one when I took this on, I am getting well acquainted with the coding now.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#239 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 5:21 AM
I am about to post my submission for judge ! Thanks for being patient!

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
#240 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 6:39 AM
Okay! My 1st contest submission. Ever.
Aesthetically speaking, my handiwork might not be as appealing as previous entries, as I am not very adept at lot building.
Here goes! (This submission was made with the intention of becoming 'emergency judge', I apologize for the late submission-and crazy format )

https://thumbs2.modthesims2.com/img/...10_65fc3c05.jpg
Attached Images

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#241 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 6:53 AM
@Emperor Crat your pictures are not really working, past a tiny picture of a bed, do you need help on uploading images? I need the front of the lot and a close up of the floor plan, thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#242 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I try to stay away from voicing feelings because it's rarely helpful, but I feel I need to this time. While I am very happy that Karen can be a part in some way, I feel rather pushed aside.

It's not that I mind not being a judge, or that someone else got chosen. It's the discrepancy between telling me Emperor applied first, having Emperor say yes to judging in the other forum, then accepting Karens application because I suppose Emperor did not post a "formal" one. I did though, and I did so before Karen, so if I had to wait for Emperor because s/he was first then why wasn't I asked first once you decided to not go with Emperor as primary judge?

It comes across an awful lot like just not wanting me to be a judge, and if that's the case then please at least respect me enough to assume that an adult can handle being told so straight up without throwing a temper tantrum. And if that's not the case then an explanation goes a long way to making everyone more comfortable when you change the "rules".
Gummi, your comment
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If you want another judge I wouldn't mind judging instead of participating...
does not give me the impression that you were applying to be a judge. I know that Jo thought you were offering to judge only to give me a chance to enter. If you want to withdraw your entry, then do so, and if you would like to judge, then you can judge in my place but I won't be entering as there were a lot of people before me who had entries ready and just missed out on a place (I would still have to create an entry). Thanks for thinking of me though :lovestruc

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#243 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:27 PM
@joandsarah77 You probably didn't see it because I didn't hail you:

Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Sorry but the table if full. There will be a play along table.

Oh, I did mention that I know that the table is full in my post. It was already meant as a play-along 'entry'. So, it would be great if you could add me to the play-along table. ^_^

And the link to my entry, which I actually wanted to add yesterday as well, but forgot.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Scholar
#244 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:40 PM
@PenelopeT I don’t think the problem was cropping (unless some of your pics ended up smaller than 800x600), but the fact that you had that resolution issue and your pictures were squashed because of that.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Instructor
#245 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 12:50 PM
Default House reupload:
Here is a reupload of the pictures of the house:

Screenshots
Attached Images

Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#246 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 5:07 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 14th Apr 2017 at 6:19 PM.
As a taster, and to prove that I am doing something, here are my newlywed couple, Dean and Janette Walters:

I'm still working on their house, but at least I have a couple ready to move into it.

P.S. I've finished the house now, so I just have to take the pictures and move them in.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#247 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Essa : 14th Apr 2017 at 7:05 PM.
Default Play along : application round
I thought I'd have more time to enter. I'm glad your contest is so popular, Jo.
Since I already did the job on Wednesday, I'll play along and see if I can improve my building and decorating skills. Don't hold your breath!
I didn't bother to create the family though.
Link Ninja
#248 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 7:21 PM
Very cute play-along build Essa!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#249 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 10:42 PM
Janette and Dean Walters have bought their house and moved in. They paid §23,880 for it. I got the 5 "essential" pictures before they moved in, but I'll take the rest with them in the house. But I'll leave that and my actual play-along entry till tomorrow as my mother's telling me to go to bed. (Yes, I'm an elder!)

They're newlyweds all right -- they can't keep their hands off each other! First they kissed, then she serenaded him, then they had a pillow fight -- all autonomous. Then (following wants) they kissed again and made out -- all of this still in the street outside the house. Now (at last) they're going into the house, but instead of studying cooking as most of my new Sims do, they're heading straight for the bedroom to try to make a baby. First things first I suppose.

Here's a quick in-game picture from the pillow fight:

More tomorrow (D.V.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#250 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 11:13 PM
Quote:
There is two Elliot's though.
There is? That would be a typo then. I'll fix it.

@Emperor Crat I'm not sure why but not all your pictures are scrolling and they are undersized. Like the applicants I believe you need pictures 800 by 600. You need to use a screenshot program like Fraps or your print screen button.

~Call me Jo~

Page 10 of 106