Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#701 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 12:32 AM
That was meant for Gummi only. She wanted it removed. Nothing to do with anybody else or the contest.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#702 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
And by the sounds of it all corruptible with virtual fermented orange juice

Maybe except for the orange-hating judge.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#703 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:24 AM
Default Round 2- The Lamberts
Well here's round 2, I'm still not in love with it but I've spent way too much time tinkering with it and everytime I change something I just hate it more .-. So I may go back and try to fix it up later but here is my entry for now

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#704 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 1:56 AM
@Peni Griffin When you put an entry in can you make sure to show one picture in the post with the rest under a spoiler not just attached at the bottom. Also at the top of the post say what round and family its for, thanks. When I go to put them into the table it helps me find it both here on the thread but also in your post history since the clickable link to the actual entry comes from your post history. ~ Thanks.

PS. Just letting you know that you have 2 floors, one is on the floor and one on the ceiling above, both must be extracted stuff as they are not sims 2 floors. If you want the no cc bonus you need to remove them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#705 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:07 AM
Awnings are just the worst. I have yet to figure out what their placement issues deal is. Sometimes they will place, other times they just will not and they are just as finicky about being deleted as well. Anyone have any tips about them? Like, awnings never place over a stairs next to a window during a full moon or some such? I cannot figure out why this won't place or how to force it. I've tried it without the stage, with a stage, with and without the fence on the level above, deleting the window on the next tile to it, why won't it place?!
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#706 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:11 AM
@NatteryakToad When you put your entry in can you say at the top that it's play along. ~ Thanks. There are too many to remember who is on the contest or play along table without checking. Also letting you know, your pictures are stretched. You might want to check your screen resolution.

Pretty much Phae. I had an awning doing that on my magic Island lot, drove me bats. @Phaenoh Try it with CFE on perhaps.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#707 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:18 AM
I tried an awning on my cabin, and while it took, it just didn't look right. A few of the awnings are OK enough, but I'm not fond of the rest. So I'm no help here.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#708 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:20 AM
@Voeille When you post you entry can you please say at the top what round and family it is. This helps me find it for the table and helps the judges since they don't want to hunt the text to discover which family it is.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#709 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:23 AM
I had trouble with an awning recently. I just couldn't get it cover a whole area, so gave up. Went back later and had another try with moveobjects on. It worked. Have you tried that?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#710 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:40 AM
@yavannatw Thank you for putting the round and family at the top, makes my job that little bit easier.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#711 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 2:53 AM
@Sweet Mystre I love your roof. If you ever feel like doing up some kind of roofing tutorial please do. Roofs are my bane, I would love some tips.
Can you please add at the top of every entry what round and family it is. ~ Thanks.

PS. Letting you know that you have a cc fish tank. It's a Life Stories extraction.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#712 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:08 AM
@MystAngel So long as the paintings, flowers etc were made by your sims that is fine. Also envious of your roofing skills as well. See above, any time you want to write up some roofing tips, feel free. Thank you for saying at the top the round, family and play along.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#713 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:25 AM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 30th Apr 2017 at 2:59 PM.
Default Round 2 - Evans [No CC Used]
For this round, I chose to go with the Evans family. Since James is obsessively training for the Sim Olympics, his 'modern' home is filled with visual reminders of greatness, sports and relaxing items for after an intense workout session. James enjoys a varied workout, and likes to dabble in a bit of everything. He enjoys a toned down sense of luxury as he hasn't won - yet!

I cannot add any more pictures, as I am at my limit, but rest assured all the basics are included (phone, fire alarm, burglar alarm) for James Evans and all the of the usable objects are indeed usable, haha. If any clarification or photos of proof are needed, please do advise. It wasn't under the requirements for this family, so I did not waste a screenshot on them unless they happened to be there. OK, done rambling!
Mad Poster
#714 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Awnings are just the worst. I have yet to figure out what their placement issues deal is. Sometimes they will place, other times they just will not and they are just as finicky about being deleted as well. Anyone have any tips about them? Like, awnings never place over a stairs next to a window during a full moon or some such? I cannot figure out why this won't place or how to force it. I've tried it without the stage, with a stage, with and without the fence on the level above, deleting the window on the next tile to it, why won't it place?!

Your picture is too small for me to see well..I can't see what's behind it.
Maybe if you take it at a different angle, and closer? But then..maybe I can't even help.

Woah... @Goldenbtrfly
Extravagant and pretty much oOlalah huh? I love.
There is no roof!!!! The judges will have a funny time..they'll have to proceed differently I guess.
I can has?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#715 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:34 AM
Two things:

A rooftop exercise center! Cool! Thought I'd just write that ...

OK ... HOW do you put text on the Spoiler buttons, rather than just "spoiler"? Please?

Top Secret Researcher
#716 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:35 AM
@Rosebine, I had a flat roof on the house with edging originally, then I had the idea to make it a functional roof space. So technically it does have a roof, it is just in-use. Everything is weatherproof! I made it rain and snow while testing to ensure no puddles appeared. You actually want me to upload it?! I'm flattered!... and sure, I can try!
Mad Poster
#717 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:36 AM
All the secrets are in here Gazania!!!
http://modthesims.info/misc.php?do=...styleid=67#size

Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
You actually want me to upload it?! I'm flattered!... and sure, I can try!

I'd be very, very happy. Oh and I would not be alone...

Top Secret Researcher
#718 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Two things:

A rooftop exercise center! Cool! Thought I'd just write that ...

OK ... HOW do you put text on the Spoiler buttons, rather than just "spoiler"? Please?

Thank you gazania and Rosebine!!! That house was a labor of love.

I actually went and looked at others posts in the thread who had done it, and shamelessly copied their code! I am learning so much, you guys. :lovestruc

Like this:
[ infobutton=for gazania ]
Here goes the pics, or pics and text if you wish!
[/ infobutton ]
^^^ just remove the extra spaces between the brackets and fill in your own text!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#719 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:02 AM
Just a note on having your sims do paintings. What they paint needs to be Maxis. So no custom paintings that you have added. That is if you are going for the no cc bonus.

Also, and I hope this goes without saying, but no using pescado's depreciation tool on the lots before taking your price picture.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#720 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:11 AM Last edited by gazania : 25th Apr 2017 at 4:37 AM.
I didn't use the Pescado tool, so I'm good there. I didn't even know about it ... I'm gathering you're referring to someone else. I spent way too many hours keeping the price below 35K. It isn't indeed always about me, though, I know!

Since I found out I have to do several retakes (because I also realized that when I had to quickly quit out of the game due to an issue, I didn't save before I put rugs, and I should at least put SOME rugs back in there. For one thing, your feet could get a little chilly stepping on bare floor), I can remove the albatross and the petunias. No sweat, since I have to do some fixes, anyway.

Would the pet pictures be considered CC as well, though? There is a feature for you to paint someone's portrait or a still life, and if a photo would be OK, I would think a portrait would be, too. But I could be wrong. I have been! And I can count on more than two hands how often I have been wrong.

And on that note, since I was going to ask this anyway before doing the retakes, if you did a floor plan before the Sim does paintings, do you need to include them in the layout, or would you lose points if they're not in there? I'd rather make this set of retake the last ones! I've retaken these pictures so many times that they're starting to blend in. The addition of custom paintings shouldn't affect the initial price of the lot, so I shouldn't have to be too concerned about the price if I use my inhabited house for the layout .... or should I? If it does, then I might have to leave them out altogether.

Or do crafted items and pictures on the walls affect the lot price?

Top Secret Researcher
#721 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 4:20 AM
I don't even know what that IS, @joandsarah77, so I did not use that on my lot either. I play tested with a different copy of the lot, so it was not played down either (I believe that is a 'thing'). I basically squeezed money from swapping things out (the double bed for a single, the $14 stone roof for 'Astro Turf' - that got me close to 2 grand, and I saved a ton using reward items). I hope that helps clear up any confusion!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#722 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:04 AM
Goldenbtrfly I didn't know about it either, it was mentioned in the staff room, so I am passing it on. Since we had that whole misunderstanding about SEP it seems safer to just mention anything that comes up and not assume that my view of cc free is the same as everybody else.

@whoward69 Wow roof top pool. Thanks for the heading on your entry.

@Greenplumbbob Please include a heading saying what round and family you entries are for ~ thank you.

~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#723 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:25 AM
I've tried both move_objects and CFE and neither helped my awning problem. Rosebine, if you click on my picture it should pop up big.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Also, and I hope this goes without saying, but no using pescado's depreciation tool on the lots before taking your price picture.
Welp, I've been caught! Even with that cheat tool I'm still 6k over budget.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#724 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:31 AM
@Justpetro very nice. Thank you for the heading on your entry.

Now not that you did this but since the lounge chair reminds me, if anybody is building a shed, it needs to be a shed not a second bedroom or something like that.

@enebya Stylish. Thank you for including the heading on your entry.

@Aysarth Another white and blue stylish house. Thank you also for the heading on your entry.

Phae.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#725 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:50 AM
Yeah I know. I did click on it of course, but the angle won't allow good vision...you'd need Tab + Q-it...and I found it too small. But like I said, I'm not even sure I can help, even if I saw better. The adding foundation trick is cool though..it places the awning higher? This is smart...I always think they are too low. Though I would try a whole strip of them instead of just one tile. Like, delete the front, the 2 tiles there, towards your pink flowers?
And then try placing 3. But you probably already try that, and you'd need as many foundation piece. And since there seem to be another awning in that dent behind it?..See? I don't really know what I am talking about, maybe.

Page 29 of 106