Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#2226 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I wonder if somehow Gosik stairs mesh and accessories can be combined with the animations of these? I must have a word with her. I wouldn't be needed for that, as it would be a simple case of her moving her mesh and over to a new clone and adjusting the footprint and snapping slot.

I've been wondering the same thing, ever since the glass blowing set came out. I also wonder if she could change the original mesh to make it an L-shape?

Not making a request here, just wondering how much work it would be for a veteran mesher like Gosik?

If you're correct that the EA L-stairs can't be placed by a wall, it really limits their use for a builder like me, who's often trying to build starter or just over houses. I can't afford the space necessary for a stair that can't be placed efficiently. Right now I have an arts and crafts house just waiting for an L- or U-shaped staircase that animates properly and goes against a wall... Guess I'll be waiting a while more to finish that house.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2227 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 4:53 PM
An admin did it to me

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2228 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
An admin did it to me
Why would they do such a thing?
#2229 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Why would they do such a thing?

Everyone hates me

Gah!! Now I am distracting the thread again! I'll get a complex soon

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2230 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
If you're correct that the EA L-stairs can't be placed by a wall, it really limits their use for a builder like me, who's often trying to build starter or just over houses. I can't afford the space necessary for a stair that can't be placed efficiently. Right now I have an arts and crafts house just waiting for an L- or U-shaped staircase that animates properly and goes against a wall... Guess I'll be waiting a while more to finish that house.

I've seen Cinderellimouse (Alan Copelands's champion shopper) put them on a wall. I'm not sure how (MOO??), but I've seen it done.

Also, they cannot be stacked, which is stupid because they're look friggin wonderful stacked atop each other.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2231 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:14 AM

#2232 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:22 AM
That's the connecting arch from Sims1 Unleashed, isn't it?
Mad Poster
#2233 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:23 AM
Yes it is. :D

Actually, EA made a set a while back (with the old town starter kit) but never released it. I think these are completely different.

#2234 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Actually, EA made a set a while back (with the old town starter kit) but never released it. (...)
How do you know?
Mad Poster
#2235 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:30 AM
I don't know if they had the fences, but I saw the arch. I remember one of the pictures featuring it, but it was soon removed because it was advertising something that wasn't in the set. It later appeared in another of the trailers quite a few times (again, only the arch).

The time travel trailer/music video, I think.

#2236 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 12:43 AM
Well, the previous Bohemian set did give the impression that it was made from leftovers of older sets, so it sort of makes sense that part 2 (or 3 if you count the bakery as part 2) is also another Stu Surprise.
#2237 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 7:47 PM
Nothing new about the new set, but there's a store-wide sale over the Easter weekend, almost everything is 33% off and this discount seems to stack for CYS and compilations. I got several sets for free because of that (including - finally - the Greenhouse! and the Atomic Age set - take that, matrix54!).
So, no points spent but having purchased everything I remotely liked, this leaves me with enough points to ponder the Rollarcoaster.

So, my question for the Rollercoaster users here, Yay or Nay?
Forum Resident
#2238 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 7:52 PM
Nothing new about the new set, but there's a store-wide sale over the Easter weekend, almost everything is 33% off and this discount seems to stack for CYS and compilations. I got several sets for free because of that (including - finally - the Greenhouse! and the Atomic Age set - take that, matrix54!).
So, no points spent but having purchased everything I remotely liked, this leaves me with enough points to ponder the Rollarcoaster.

Heh... I literally just posted a new thread about this. GMTA. And I, too, scored some major deals with the "complete your set" option, coupled with the compilations.
#2239 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
Heh... I literally just posted a new thread about this. GMTA. And I, too, scored some major deals with the "complete your set" option, coupled with the compilations.
Yup, my best catch was the Best of 2012 Compilation, where the only set I must have paid for is More Magic!; everything else I was able to assemble through cross-referenced sets, weekend freebies from last year and the Christmas gifts and some occasional daily deal sales for individual items. So now I have the greenhouse, the Japanes grill and the complete India set. Tudor of Tudors was free for me, too, and I paid something like 250 points for the chicken set back then. Rather satisfied customer here!
#2240 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 8:51 PM
Yes, and I bet you can only get it for free because someone else did not...
Alchemist
#2241 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:30 PM
Sorry, I'm just tired of people whining about that EA is so greedy and is only thinking about money and yet you guys want to pay.
#2242 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Sorry, I'm just tired of people whining about that EA is so greedy and is only thinking about money and yet you guys want to pay.

Maybe "we guys" don't want to be dishonest. Looks odd criticising the values of EA while being just as bad in a different way!

Mad Poster
#2243 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:53 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 17th Apr 2014 at 11:08 PM.

I like the rollercoaster very much, but I haven't been playing with it lately. I mostly play in the tiniest of worlds, and I can only have one large lot at a time. And, you really do need a large lot to enjoy it. Right now my large lot is a horse ranch, but when I get bored with that I will probably cycle it out for the rollercoaster.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Forum Resident
#2244 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

I'm more than willing to engage in an exchange of money for goods or services I deem to be of value. That's what free enterprise and capitalism are all about. The converse of that is that I don't have to give my money to a company whose goods or services I think aren't a good value.

Do I think $43.50 for the gold edition of an EA created world is a good value? No; I don't think a store world should cost more than an entire EP.

Do I think that same gold edition is a pretty good deal at $21.50? Yes, I do. Today I was offered the Gold Edition of Aurora Skies for that, and had to think long and hard before passing on it. Had it been Midnight Hollow, I would've snatched it up; but Aurora Skies... that's still a bit too much.

I can't tell you how many full sets I've gotten for free through the complete your set deal on compilations in the past two months, but it's over a dozen. (Among them the Tudor set; Live, Laugh, Love; The Hollywood Regency Den; Viva Las Vegas Living and Bedroom; Future Shock Kitchen; the Cambodian Bedroom and Bathroom; the Indian Living Room. Need I go on? Because I can...) Most are things I wanted but wouldn't necessarily have paid $5 or $10 for. But free? And legally obtained? You know I'm all over that!

The bottom line is this: just because I think EA is being greedy when they break apart the farming stuff into three sets (each of which is nearly $20) rather than sell it as an EP, when those same three sets go on sale for a collective price of less than $25, is a pretty good deal. In other words, it's not greedy if they make a profit, because that's what capitalism is about. But it IS greedy if they do everything in their power to soak us for every last nickel and dime by breaking up into smaller sets things which should go together.

And maybe the very generous complete your set deals (as applied to compilation sets) is part of EA's attempt to rehabilitate their standing with us. I'm at least willing to entertain that possibility and give them another chance to impress me.
Mad Poster
#2245 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 12:39 AM
Did someone you say... incomplete build sets? I sure didn't.

"Hint #4: Did somebody ask for Re-colorable Stained Glass Windows? How about watching the day go by sitting in a screened porch? "

If I could give a quick critique, I'd say this is lacking. I like the window and the door with stained glass, but I worry about having other architecture to match.

The screen door is another issue. A screen porch is fine and I like the concept ON PAPER, but the door is a bit... short. Though, the door alone could get a lot of milage. The window is very tall, and would need a door equally as tall and the size size to be of use.

Forum Resident
#2246 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:30 AM
Hm, yeah. If they'd made the window the same height as the door it would look more like a set.
Alchemist
#2247 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 9:27 AM
ugh there are so many better doors and windows in the game
Mad Poster
#2248 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:33 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 18th Apr 2014 at 10:55 PM.

"Hint #5: TGIF! We're kicking off the weekend excitement by unveiling one of the best parts of the May release! Day or night the Mansard roof kit will make all of your Second Empire building dreams come true!"

And we're getting more pictures this weekend? I'm loving (most) everything I'm seeing (except those dumb doors and windows). Don't mind me, just having a mild heart attack over hear. Nope, don't send for help, I'm perfectly fine.

*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beep*
*beepbeepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Edit: We haven't seen the PC yet. Please, let it be a closet or a driveway. At least something we'll be using frequently.

Field Researcher
#2249 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:54 PM
Is it just me or do those mansard roof windows look purely decorative? I really hope not.
Mad Poster
#2250 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:57 PM
I'm guessing that structure is 100% decorative, but I hope we get matching windows, because nothing in the base game looks like that.

Page 90 of 124