Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 1:05 AM Last edited by Link01000 : 21st Nov 2010 at 11:07 PM.
Default Need to know how to do things relating to the environment
I'm planning on making a steampunk undersea world as soon as I get my PC for Christmas (Think Bioshock) Some things I will need tutorials for are

1. how to make it always dark, even in the day
2. how to change the color of the sky
3. how to import and make terrain textures
4. how to change the water color
5. how to import and make neighborhood deco

I think that's all, but if I need anything else, I'll add it later.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:35 PM
The Tutorial for Sky and water colour is in the Tutorials section at the top of the page clicky

Adding in game terrain paint clicky. To make your own,save the seamless texture as a .dds file in the source texture folder.

Cloning in game deco is discussed in this thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:10 PM
Thank you! Is it possible to make your OWN world deco? What about animated deco?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Link01000
Thank you! Is it possible to make your OWN world deco? What about animated deco?

Anything you can make for the game, you can get to show up in CAW. So you just need to learn to make objects with animations! Take a look at the 'create' section for tutorials.

There are some hood deco items that people have created in the CAW resources section:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=418797
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=408351
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 1:44 AM
Ok thanks. And just in case anyone notices... I was looking through these forums and found another post and someone else was talking about something like this to... I'm not copying them lol... I just wanted to point that out just in case...