Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 1:38 PM
Default Gable Windows
I remember back in TS2 we were able to place Gable windows. How would one go about creating a gable window now?

Thank you!

~Euterpe~
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 7:54 PM
What do you mean by "gable window", is that something special? Can you post a screenshot? (I guess the answer "by making a gable and putting a window in" is probably not what you want .. but I can't think of anything else it might mean)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 7:57 PM
Something like this perhaps?
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 8:01 PM
That works exactly like before. What exactly is not working for you? Can you maybe post a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

There is one glitch where the window mesh disappears when there's a roof wall in front of it (llike when you have a porch roof underneath the window), is that what is throwing you off? (If yes then just pull the offending roof one tile further in or out.)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
That works exactly like before. What exactly is not working for you? Can you maybe post a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

There is one glitch where the window mesh disappears when there's a roof wall in front of it (llike when you have a porch roof underneath the window), is that what is throwing you off? (If yes then just pull the offending roof one tile further in or out.)

I think I'm used to choosing the entire gable (window, roof, walls etc), and placing it on my main roof. So now we just drag the little piece of roof until it is high enough to place a window?
Stupid people are stupid
#6 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Euterpe
I think I'm used to choosing the entire gable (window, roof, walls etc), and placing it on my main roof. So now we just drag the little piece of roof until it is high enough to place a window?

No, you place walls until you are happy with the shape. Then add the roof around and on top of it. Place the window, done.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:53 AM
Default Trouble Creating Gable Roofs
I'm trying to create my own gable windows. But the game won't let me add a roof! I've attached a picture. I add another wall at the back, then my wall would penetrate the living space beneath the roof. Is this the only way around it?

Thank you!

~E~
Screenshots
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 10:58 AM
Aren't those dormer windows? Gable windows are in the end wall, under the pointy bit of the roof, I think.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 11:23 AM
You could have asked this question in your other thread: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=541843

Have you tried adding the missing walls then deleting them after you place a roof? I'm not sure but I think you won't be able to place the roof(s) until the room underneath them is complete. OR- have you tried placing some columns in those little rooms then placing the roof(s)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 12:03 PM
Sorry mustluvcatz, I get confused with where to post what!

Maybe my term is wrong, I guess Dormer windows it is then! I'll try the suggestions. Thank you
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Nov 2014 at 10:25 AM
Merging threads -- please stick with one thread per issue.