Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#13826 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
OK, you all need some sleep. You got me with the tumbleweed and from this point forward, I will not read from bottom to top of the page anymore. Got me clicking on links and stuff. SMH.

Dude, this isn't Twitter!
Advertisement
Inventor
#13827 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KISSESfromCARIE
She said she'd have it posted before 12am PST. That's before 3am EST.

I was exaggerating. I posted earlier about how it was going to be at 3am.

I expect the after party and/or firestorm to possibly last until 5am, though, depending on how many people are sticking around.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Test Subject
#13828 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:00 AM
i know we talked about this but i can't get over the fact someone posted on tumblr and said "So nobody noticed that This chick was getting kinky with “Old Man Jenkins”
Ok" haha seriously you simmers are the reason why i stick around!!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#13829 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
OK, you all need some sleep. You got me with the tumbleweed and from this point forward, I will not read from bottom to top of the page anymore. Got me clicking on links and stuff. SMH.

Haha, I tried to avoid getting people's hopes up by quoting a tumbleweed post above the link :P
Test Subject
#13830 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:08 AM
Quote:
The Sims 4: Maternity Clothes Are a Thing of the Past
Jun
Posted by SimsVIP Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), The Sims 4

I had the chance to interview SimGuruGraham at E3 today, and he has confirmed that Sims will no longer need maternity wear. Any and all clothing selected in CAS will be automatically enabled for pregnancy.

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/11/the-s...ng-of-the-past/
Lab Assistant
#13831 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:09 AM
LMAO!! - Ryan Vaughan ‏@SimGuruRyan 9m
EA's got the right hotel. # EAE3 http://instagram.com/p/pF8U3cQlK5/

Liking this tweet from SimsVIP!! - SimsVIP ‏@SimsVIP 4m
#TheSims4 Maternity Clothes Are a Thing of the Past >>> http://simsvip.com/2014/06/11/the-s...ng-of-the-past/ … pic.twitter.com/09HxrJDV23
Field Researcher
#13832 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I was exaggerating. I posted earlier about how it was going to be at 3am.

I expect the after party and/or firestorm to possibly last until 5am, though, depending on how many people are sticking around.

Well since she's started posting tidbits on the site, the interview might be coming up soon! I'm definitely sticking around.
Retired
retired moderator
#13833 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:18 AM
Of course the "tumbleweeds" will look more like this.

Remember the first rule of Sims game development: "Tell, don't show."

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure that's unfair, in that I *suspect* the whole reason they're hyping up "emotions" is because the emotions are now fundamentally more visible on the sims - emotions are now more heavily animated, and not all moodlets and UI. Whatever it is they're trying to communicate about the new elements of the game, I'm surprised and worried they seem incapable of being clear about it. They keep talking about things that already existed as though they're groundbreaking... ...traits unlock new interactions, eh? Wow. Never seen that before. :/
Screenshots

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Inventor
#13834 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:32 AM
The Sims 4 Includes Auto-Save Feature
Posted by SimsVIP Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), The Sims 4

SimGuruGraham has confirmed to me that The Sims 4 will include an “Auto Save” feature. No further details were given as far as how the game will auto save (prompt user, auto save to local folders..etc), but let’s hope they took a few pages out of Twallan’s book.

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/11/the-s...o-save-feature/

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#13835 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:38 AM
Catching up on this thread has become a full time job. 38 pages added overnight. Seriously people, have mercy!
Lab Assistant
#13836 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Actually, I'm pretty sure that's unfair, in that I *suspect* the whole reason they're hyping up "emotions" is because the emotions are now fundamentally more visible on the sims - emotions are now more heavily animated, and not all moodlets and UI. Whatever it is they're trying to communicate about the new elements of the game, I'm surprised and worried they seem incapable of being clear about it. They keep talking about things that already existed as though they're groundbreaking... ...traits unlock new interactions, eh? Wow. Never seen that before. :/

I read some of the articles published in the previous days, and I must say that emotions look rather interesting. There's at least some potential in the idea to be something really groundbreaking for the simulation and the immersion. Provided it is well executed, and that I don't have a clue so far. But I was also puzzled by they fact that they can't seam to explain it or show it so that we can see and understand by ourselves. Nothing to reassure me until I have more valid fee-back from players.

Now, on to reading those 30 pages...
Inventor
#13837 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
well, in terms of some kind of update:
  • simmers at E3 were banned from making videos and using audio
  • we found out that the 'demo' is actually a trailer because fans didn't get to play it (although it was reportedly 30 mins long)
  • some simmers that were optimist are now, not so trusting after there still being a tight lip of information for 24 hours
  • a simmer at E3 got robbed
  • jukeboxes will be in the game
  • babies exist with legs, but no visual evidence
  • more stuff on emotions
  • confusion on 'neighborhood' and 'worlds'
  • renewed vigor of crushes

Don't bother reading those 30 pages... this is pretty much all we know from today.

Art tumblr
deviantart
Top Secret Researcher
#13838 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:43 AM
And there's still no swimwear section, so the pools are thing of the past.
Mad Poster
#13839 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:47 AM
Oh Kiwi_Tea, you got me there.

Going back pages and saw some off-topic things that I must weigh in on.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm a Mariah fan. I've been listener to her alum for the last hour.

This is off topic, but have you tried singing Emotions? Gosh, it's like a vocal obstacle course, even if you ignore/transpose the super high notes.

That woman is not human.

I will go along with that, she is a massive talent, her songs are not easily copied or performed by a lesser talent and I am a big fan. Also, I am a big fan of Minnie Riperton, whom according to this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnie_Riperton
Quote:
Riperton had a coloratura soprano vocal range. Aside from her various hits, she is perhaps best remembered today for her ability to sing in the whistle register, in which she had rare facility. Riperton's vocal range spanned five octaves, (the liner notes to her Petals legacy album ascribe five-and-a-half octaves to her). Riperton's ability to enunciate in the high registers set her apart from most other whistle-register singers. This feature is most notably heard in the song Here We Go, where she sings "here we go" in the whistle register.

I believe in all my heart that Mariah would be great and all but her fame would have competition and she would have to live up to Minnie's fame. Only thing, Minnie passed away in 1979. I remember where I was when it was announced and how upset we were when I went to school, especially in the choir classes. She would enunciate words while singing at the whistle register. Mezmerizing. If only she lived long enough to grow and see if she could expand her ranges further.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
She's gotta be super woman. She's taking care of two babies and her talentless man-child of a husband.

That's funny. I had to disagree because although you may not like his form of entertainment and see him as talentless, he is a very successful business man. Before he got with Mariah, he was working hard to make a name and used his money wisely, investing in production and it paid him well. Might be why he caught Mariah's eye. Nick is holding his own.

As for the greatest singer, Mariah is up there but I have others to place before her. Marian Anderson, Minnie Riperton, and Deniece Williams (my home girl and alum of my high school) would be placed before her. In my humble but determined opinion. :lovestruc

Sorry for the off-topic conversation, but music is my passion and I had to respond. On topic, no need for Maternity clothes in Sims 4, all outfits will be maternity. That may be positive but I can see the negatives when CC clothing start being created.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#13840 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:02 AM
So it's been nearly 30 pages (about 12 hrs) and there have been like 5 pictures of CAS, a "no comment" on pools and a "no comment" on cars. The game is in alpha stage, they didn't show babies or toddlers and the demo was most likely staged. WTF EA?!

The only nice thing was the article that confirmed two relationship bars, so enemies can be romantic interests. Oh, and the automatic morph maternity wear.

↖ the one emotion TS4 better have
Field Researcher
#13841 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
And there's still no swimwear section, so the pools are thing of the past.

Yeah, in Sims 3 they removed Diving Board and added it in expansion pack (in Seasons patch actually)
So… maybe they have to removed the swimming pool and added it in an expansion…
Nice move EA.

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Inventor
#13842 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:20 AM
I think pretty much everyone is waiting on SimsVIP right now.

*waves to all 84 of you*

Art tumblr
deviantart
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13843 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ericapoe
WHAT ABOUT THE NEWBIES! I WANT BOB AND MAGS!

Bob and Betty

Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Best bet for new information at the moment is calling it an early night, mark your spot, wake up, and read the 40 pages that will transfer overnight. Works everytime.

Didn't seem to help me. Just found more CAS screens. SimsVIP still hasn't posted her Q&A report.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#13844 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:34 AM
Have we been starved of info so much that we'll now scream in joy and embrace anything that they give us now? Was THIS the strategy?? :S

Back to Sims after a 2-year hiatus!

Blogs, to be resurrected once I get a new graphics card load TS3 on my new computer:
STEALIE NICKS Klepto King Challenge (updated 9/16/14)
THE HOUSE OF MOODICI (the Altos' Renaissance in Riverview)

my EA forums page
Field Researcher
#13845 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simperatrix
Have we been starved of info so much that we'll now scream in joy and embrace anything that they give us now? Was THIS the strategy?? :S

That's what they want you to think their strategy was. Honestly, doesn't seem like they have one.
Scholar
#13846 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:37 AM
Ok, so the next big lotto win in Florida will give a net one-time pay out of about $128 million. 100 million dollars will buy 2.8million shares of EA stock. What I can't seem to find is how many shares of EA stock there actually are. Is it enough to be the "tail that wags the dog"? If not, I wont bother spending the $70 I was going to spend on the game on lotto tickets instead. If I was actually fortunate enough to win, there would be a long line of ex EA employees at the unemployment office soon. There would also be a not so slight delay in the release of Sims4.

The other 28 million? College for the niece and nephews, something for Mom and Dad, and there's this little boat I have my eye on...

Can't get the image to show up for some strange reason, lets just say it isn't exactly little, lol!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Inventor
#13847 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:38 AM
SimsVIP ‏@SimsVIP

This next post has screens and a video

https://twitter.com/SimsVIP/status/476628942581817344

Probably getting posted pretty soon. :D

Art tumblr
deviantart
Lab Assistant
#13848 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
The game is full alpha. "Things subject to change."
https://twitter.com/_worldsims/stat...485631657259008

Quote: Originally posted by MaxBacon
The game is alpha and 2 months to launch? Well this means like EA usually does, they will launch the game once it reaches "Beta" stage! eheh.

Then, once people complain it's so broken they can't even load the game, they will launch a massive update. At least is what we're been seeing from EA games, is Sims 4 going to be the first launch on quite some time without major issues?

I have a strong hunch they're going to pull us a "SimsCity 2013" again. That "success" is the one reason I have decided I won't buy TS4 on release, even if we had loads of info and it looked great.
Instructor
#13849 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Ok, so the next big lotto win in Florida will give a net one-time pay out of about $128 million. 100 million dollars will buy 2.8million shares of EA stock. What I can't seem to find is how many shares of EA stock there actually are. Is it enough to be the "tail that wags the dog"? If not, I wont bother spending the $70 I was going to spend on the game on lotto tickets instead. If I was actually fortunate enough to win, there would be a long line of ex EA employees at the unemployment office soon. There would also be a not so slight delay in the release of Sims4.

The other 28 million? College for the niece and nephews, something for Mom and Dad, and there's this little boat I have my eye on...

Can't get the image to show up for some strange reason, lets just say it isn't exactly little, lol!

EA Stock Quote does this help?
Forum Resident
#13850 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 8:54 AM
I been away all night and still no info other than maternity wear and more emotions?! *eye twitches violently*
Locked thread
Page 554 of 817