Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#9776 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 5:07 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 21st Jul 2014 at 6:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
*snip*

E.A.'s corporate attitude in a nutshell.

"I'm the best and can do no wrong. Anybody who disagrees is a homophobe or attention whore."
Advertisement
Inventor
#9777 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM
Still wondering why there was an ATM next to the cupcake machine but no sinks in the house.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#9778 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
Still wondering why there was an ATM next to the cupcake machine but no sinks in the house.

Cuz it be a Man-shun, yo. Bros don't need to be hygienic 'n schitt.
Lab Assistant
#9779 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:44 AM
the bloom is ok for a very short time. say like maybe at noon for a few sim minutes but if its constant i find myself squinting and rubbing my eyes.

Pancake Bob for President!
Field Researcher
#9780 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before but,

No Repoman Confirmed
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGrant
We do not have the repo man, no. We didn't really think he added much to the game. Shutting off power? Way funnier.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...259321339396096

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Lab Assistant
#9781 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:24 AM
The official forums have really gone off the deep end. Words can't even describe this thread.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/764832.page
Lab Assistant
#9782 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:26 AM Last edited by NormaJean : 21st Jul 2014 at 8:03 AM.
Agrrrrrrrrr!!!! They look like they are pasted onto a fake background, they do not look like they are even part of the environment - it all looks as fake as my boobs!

The grass is horrible! and those purple/blue/pink tree things are just ugly. It is a fuzzy mess with paste and copy looking gurus on top.

It really looks cheap. A damn shame to have a great game turned into this.....

Budget restoration.

Edit: And what EMOTIONS! is Graham really showing here?...... it is stupid he is standing like Sims3 robot
Mad Poster
#9783 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:27 AM
I think I've cracked the emotional trees/bushes thing.

I think that gardening is affected by a sim's mood state and sims can interact with the plants accordingly. An angry sim would destroy the plant, a flirty sim might chat up the plant, an inspired sim might talk to the plant, etc.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#9784 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:40 AM Last edited by fritome : 21st Jul 2014 at 8:00 AM.
yea maybe, like if the gardener that waters is is say maybe sad then the plant is sad and the fruit is of less quality maybe or if a sim picks and eats a sad apple then the sim gets sad. *shrugs* maybe...
but i dont want my sim getting his/her mood changed just by eating an item from a tree or bush, thats silly! oh yeah, weirder stories..

Banned
#9785 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim
The official forums have really gone off the deep end. Words can't even describe this thread.

sobbing
Instructor
#9786 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim

I just... wow.

Wot? Did she *really* just quote Mother Gothel (from Disney's Tangled) to state she knew best?

I'm sorry guys but I'm just done. There's no hope for the future - my emotions are getting the better of me, I see.

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I think I've cracked the emotional trees/bushes thing.

I think that gardening is affected by a sim's mood state and sims can interact with the plants accordingly. An angry sim would destroy the plant, a flirty sim might chat up the plant, an inspired sim might talk to the plant, etc.

I'm so glad that EA has been listening to fan feedback and requests. I mean, OBVIOUSLY number one on my list was for my Sims to have sexual relations with my plants.

A certain president of the Simericas: "I did not have sexual relations with that Hydrangea! *finger point*"
Lab Assistant
#9787 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:49 AM
Among other more oblivious omissions why do we not have a 'hire a gardener' option I love working up the ladder to be able to afford a personal gardener now it seems they are only a government employee to tidy up the parks.

I'm shouting out here! you guys had no bloody idea!

You stuffed it and now we pay in absence of being able to have a game to play and wilfully pay money for....damn it!

You can keep your smudgy low detail grass and scuff like a dog on it.

Edit: And yeah I don't give a damn about your cheap demo giveaway or your Sims 2 Ultimate giveaway I wanted a great Sims 4! and you are no where near that....shame
Mad Poster
#9788 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:52 AM
I went back reading through the posts and how in the hell did I miss that? An ATM machine? What do sims need an ATM for?
I read it but never paid it that much attention. Sorry posters that pointed the ATM out. So sorry about not paying attention closely. Forgive me!

Somebody ask Graham about that please, I'm not a favorable one in the position to talk to him and don't have the SimGuru whisperer trait.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by NormaJean
Agrrrrrrrrr!!!! They look like they are pasted onto a fake background, they do not look like they are even part of the environment - it all looks as fake as my boobs!

[snipped image link]

The grass is horrible! and those purple/blue/pink tree things are just ugly. It is a fuzzy mess with paste and copy looking gurus on top.

It really looks cheap. A damn shame to have a great game turned into this.....

Budget restoration.

Yeah. I feel sort of bad comparing that world to KPSP, as much as I hated that SP, it did have the bright colors and sugar syrup looking more detailed and much sharper than that. SMH

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9789 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:52 AM
i hardly read in those threads over there. i try but they way they talk to one another is awful and immature most of the time. also they attack anyone that doesnt drink the EA koolaid and say the praises of the game. but the ones against the game are bad too. they just all seem like kids. ones that dont like the game mostly just point out the game flaws that the gurus are trying to keep hidden. im glad there are people that notice that stuff because i miss some of the things they point out. its helpful to me when the game gets criticized.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9790 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I don't think Ryan has chemistry with anybody.

Well he obviously had chemistry with his wife, he's got at least one cute little kid. But yeah I don't think he and Graham are close, he doesn't even know the right way to pronounce Graham's name.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#9791 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
I just... wow.

Wot? Did she *really* just quote Mother Gothel (from Disney's Tangled) to state she knew best?

I'm sorry guys but I'm just done. There's no hope for the future - my emotions are getting the better of me, I see.

I'm so glad that EA has been listening to fan feedback and requests. I mean, OBVIOUSLY number one on my list was for my Sims to have sexual relations with my plants.

A certain president of the Simericas: "I did not have sexual relations with that Hydrangea! *finger point*"

sim graham wants to eat from the wet flirty bush in the park.

Instructor
#9792 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:58 AM
I just find it hard to believe that people over at the official forums were actually won over by that SUPER!UNSCRIPTED! gameplay video. I mean, sure, I found a few bits interesting and I actually liked a few others but I'm sorry, EA, but I think our bromance may be reaching it's end.

... on second thought, it is the official forum, so I really shouldn't be that surprised. Especially with that one person saying that, and I quote (bad grammar and all):
"Your a bit late buddy. I already explained to everyone that they have won me over, the game looks perfect, especially after the game play demo yesterday. I am buying this game, and all old posts are irrelevant. "
(This was in response to someone quoting a wall of text of her complaining about the game (first post on this page http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/764832.page)

Edit: Evidence of another EA planted robot? Perhaps. More news at 11!

Quote: Originally posted by fritome
sim graham wants to eat from the wet flirty bush in the park.

He probably also wants to take that bush into his bro-tastic shower for some real happy-fun-times.
Mad Poster
#9793 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:02 AM
Something that have been bugging me since watching the gameplay demo. When the dictator wet himself, where did he go? I think he went out the door. Those public spaces have bathrooms, they look like rabbitholes but if the family don't have facilities in their homes, will they walk out the door and down the street without the player knowing? Because that house didn't have a sink in the bathroom and no stairs to reach the second floor, ya know?

EDIT:
I just find it hard to believe that people over at the official forums were actually won over by that SUPER!UNSCRIPTED! gameplay video. I mean, sure, I found a few bits interesting and I actually liked a few others but I'm sorry, EA, but I think our bromance may be reaching it's end.

Those was the group that was waiting for a gameplay video to say what was really in their hearts but stated different to look like the "cool kids". This was their plans anyway. I am not surprised, but I don't blame them for wanting to buy it, just don't like fakes. *shrugs*

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#9794 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:03 AM

... on second thought, it is the official forum, so I really shouldn't be that surprised. Especially with that one person saying that, and I quote (bad grammar and all):
"Your a bit late buddy. I already explained to everyone that they have won me over, the game looks perfect, especially after the game play demo yesterday. I am buying this game, and all old posts are irrelevant. "
(This was in response to someone quoting a wall of text of her complaining about the game (first post on this page http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po.../15/764832.page)

He probably also wants to take that bush into his bro-tastic shower for some real happy-fun-times.

omg! lmao! probably true! watch out for thorns!

Instructor
#9795 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fritome
omg! lmao! probably true! watch out for thorns!

Ouch. That would probably bring his Emotion-meter down from Passionate to Cranky

Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Something that have been bugging me since watching the gameplay demo. When the dictator wet himself, where did he go? I think he went out the door. Those public spaces have bathrooms, they look like rabbitholes but if the family don't have facilities in their homes, will they walk out the door and down the street without the player knowing? Because that house didn't have a sink in the bathroom and no stairs to reach the second floor, ya know?

EDIT:

Those was the group that was waiting for a gameplay video to say what was really in their hearts but stated different to look like the "cool kids". This was their plans anyway. I am not surprised, but I don't blame them for wanting to buy it, just don't like fakes. *shrugs*

Nah, seeing as it was TOTALLY!UNSCRIPTED! he was probably directed by the NO!SCRIPT!HERE!NOPE! to move out of the way, so they could focus on the LULZPEEPUDDLE.

Also, that's basically what I'm feeling. I mean, I'm not going to lie, I'm trying to be hopeful about this game but in saying that, I'm also trying to be realistic. I do agree that due to the high population of young teenagers over at the thread, that basic "I want to fit in" feeling is probably kicking in right about now.
Lab Assistant
#9796 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:06 AM
i wonder if it is possible for EA to start a war with korea with that dictator reference...nah

Also, has anyone noticed their marketing uses poltics/whatever's "in the now" now? Obama, kim jong, gay pride, world cup...I bet there'll still be memes slipped into the game
Mad Poster
#9797 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:09 AM
Posts like that is why we can't have nice things. *very huge sigh*
As long they are happy with crap why do better? Voices like ours really don't matter.

Instructor
#9798 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalBits
i wonder if it is possible for EA to start a war with korea with that dictator reference...nah

Also, has anyone noticed their marketing uses poltics/whatever's "in the now" now? Obama, kim jong, gay pride, world cup...I bet there'll still be memes slipped into the game

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there were meme references scattered throughout TS3 EPs, so it's definitely not a new thing for EA. Just another bandwagon for them to jump onto in the hopes of being "hip to the kids".
Scholar
#9799 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:13 AM
If they release Sims 4: Pets soon, they might still be able to made some Doge references whilst it's still relevant.

(Is it still?)
Field Researcher
#9800 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
@ 5:14 "while we don't have dragons, we have...chickens" made me giggle. This looks like a beautiful and detailed game and these guys are doing a great job of showing it off, it's all very relaxed, unscripted and informative. EA should take notes on how to present their walkthroughs.
It kinda reminds me of this vibe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HFHyhm-NyU leg up on desk, y'know, just chillen'. It's so much easier to listen and engage with people who are just casually chatting about something rather than two people with awkward chemistry presenting rehearsed banter and shoving buzzwords down your throat every 5 seconds. Wish they'd go back to that relaxed feel.

Oh I loved that OFB walkthrough!
It's also funny how I know more about KCD than I know about TS4. And KCD is 1+ year away and TS4 is 1.5 months away from release...
I guess everything we've seen so far is everything we can do in TS4.
Locked thread
Page 392 of 920