Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3826 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:50 AM
Didn't the EP have any new floors (apart from the dance floors) ?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3827 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:27 AM
Two tile patterns, and some stone. Also, terrain paints.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3828 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:33 AM
Three of them look like Sim 1 floors
Instructor
#3829 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:07 AM
I believe the simcamp was a smart move this time around. The participants hype seems genuine and is infective for sure. It also opened my eyes more to how you can use GTs features in "regular" gameplay.

I still haven't pre-ordered though. I need >something< more. What that something might be, I've no clue. Yet. I know when I see it, I suppose. :p
Mad Poster
#3830 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
And don't get me wrong here, I'm not head over heels for this expansion myself, however I cannot disregard its potential. With that said, I'm mainly in this for the world and the build mode.

So, if this were compared to a TS3 store world, how would this stack up?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3831 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 12:29 PM
At least they didn't have some silly irritating name like "YibSims" this time around. That was dire.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#3832 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 12:48 PM
I sense a disturbance in the traits system. :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:
I was reading this: http://simscommunity.info/2015/11/2...iration-traits/
It mentions Crinrict's information on the two new traits: Dance Machine and Insider. There is no mention of Loves Children or Mopey which were featured in VentusMatt's screenshot on post #3600 back on page 144 of this very thread.
Now look at VentusMatt's screenshot. Mopey (or Moody as he at first thought) is using the same raining cloud image as the trait Gloomy--I think this is a placeholder. Loves Children, on the other hand, is very different from Hates Children, and the teddy bear in its trait image is in pristine condition, no torn stuffing to be seen.
Reading one of the fan previews where EA gave yet another vague answer to the toddler question is what inspired me to whip out my tinfoil hat. If you watch the first Clubs trailer, you can still see Loves Children and Mopey listed in the traits section. So either these traits are still in the game and Crinrict missed them (unlikely) or they were present for testing and have now been removed. :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Inventor
#3833 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I sense a disturbance in the traits system. :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:
I was reading this: http://simscommunity.info/2015/11/2...iration-traits/
It mentions Crinrict's information on the two new traits: Dance Machine and Insider. There is no mention of Loves Children or Mopey which were featured in VentusMatt's screenshot on post #3600 back on page 144 of this very thread.
Now look at VentusMatt's screenshot. Mopey (or Moody as he at first thought) is using the same raining cloud image as the trait Gloomy--I think this is a placeholder. Loves Children, on the other hand, is very different from Hates Children, and the teddy bear in its trait image is in pristine condition, no torn stuffing to be seen.
Reading one of the fan previews where EA gave yet another vague answer to the toddler question is what inspired me to whip out my tinfoil hat. If you watch the first Clubs trailer, you can still see Loves Children and Mopey listed in the traits section. So either these traits are still in the game and Crinrict missed them (unlikely) or they were present for testing and have now been removed. :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:

You saw that article too. I'm choosing to believe that maybe Crinrict didn't mention them because they have already been shown in the trailer and she only wished to talk about the traits that haven't been seen or maybe she only wants to mention a bit and leave the rest as a surprise or maybe they aren't coming in GT but will be part of a patch I mean why not they patched in jealous. (Would put a crazy eyed smiley but there is none)

Check out my Simblr
Instructor
#3834 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
You saw that article too. I'm choosing to believe that maybe Crinrict didn't mention them because they have already been shown in the trailer and she only wished to talk about the traits that haven't been seen or maybe she only wants to mention a bit and leave the rest as a surprise or maybe they aren't coming in GT but will be part of a patch I mean why not they patched in jealous. (Would put a crazy eyed smiley but there is none)

Shoot. I forgot about the jealous trait.

*sadly contemplates removing tinfoil hat*

..................................................................................................................................................................................................
Speaking of traits, I wish they would patch in more trait slots for CAS. Three is a very limiting number. (I'm not counting the fourth you get from aspiration selection.)

Scholar
#3835 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 3:54 PM

In her thread on the official site, she says she didn't see them.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...fo-from-crin/p2

I don't understand why they would have mopey, it's the exact same thing as gloomy..
Mad Poster
#3836 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:10 PM
Remember when with the Sims 3, every other EP was usually the better EP? Do you think that pattern continues? Will the next EP be the 'big' one?

Instructor
#3837 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
In her thread on the official site, she says she didn't see them.
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...fo-from-crin/p2

I don't understand why they would have mopey, it's the exact same thing as gloomy..

Thanks for the link!

I've been reading/watching some of the other fan previews; I have yet to find a mention of the Mopey and Loves Children traits. *straightens tinfoil hat* :cylon:

Oh, and I will leave these here for people to chew on:
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/mopey?s=t
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/gloomy

Mopey is more social-focused, whereas Gloomy is more environment-based, but they both have mood associations. Mopey might be fitting if they were making a Generations-styled update with teenagers and mid-life crises.

Think also of the Brooding trait from TS3. Those sims contemplated the world and sadness in a creative light, similar to how I tend to view the Gloomy trait from TS4. For instance, Gloomy sims are more capable of creating sad paintings. Mopey sims? Something tells me that they would tend to feel more misunderstood and used than sad and despondent. Those are just my thoughts, though.

Mad Poster
#3838 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Remember when with the Sims 3, every other EP was usually the better EP? Do you think that pattern continues? Will the next EP be the 'big' one?

I thought that was because there were two EP teams in the Sims 3 era, and the Salt Lake team was the better of the two?
Mad Poster
#3839 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Thanks for the link!
Mopey is more social-focused, whereas Gloomy is more environment-based, but they both have mood associations. Mopey might be fitting if they were making a Generations-styled update with teenagers and mid-life crises.

Think also of the Brooding trait from TS3. Those sims contemplated the world and sadness in a creative light, similar to how I tend to view the Gloomy trait from TS4. For instance, Gloomy sims are more capable of creating sad paintings. Mopey sims? Something tells me that they would tend to feel more misunderstood and used than sad and despondent. Those are just my thoughts, though.

You know, just from what I've seen from the way emotions and traits work in this game now, something tells me that it won't be nearly as complex as what you just described.

The Receptacle still lives!
Inventor
#3840 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM
New traits like mopey could be just like jealous their way of making fixes and changes to traits without having to overhaul the old ones and I'm still in denial that loves children and mopey have been removed!!!!

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#3841 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I thought that was because there were two EP teams in the Sims 3 era, and the Salt Lake team was the better of the two?

They could still be doing teams, though...the ones who sit in the left cubicles and the ones who sit in the right cubicles. So which team do you root for, Team Leftie or Team Rightie?

Forum Resident
#3842 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 10:18 PM
They could still be doing teams, though...the ones who sit in the left cubicles and the ones who sit in the right cubicles. So which team do you root for, Team Leftie or Team Rightie?

Whatever one will bring us a good ep.
Mad Poster
#3843 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 11:34 PM
That was one of my trick questions. I was secretly hoping to start a war between left and right handers...

Inventor
#3844 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 12:11 AM

How about Team Ambidextrous?

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
#3845 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:55 AM
That would be me! 2 points for Gryffindor!

Scholar
#3846 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 5:01 AM
How about Team Ambidextrous?

Team No-Hands all the way.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Inventor
#3847 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 6:19 AM Last edited by VentusMatt : 25th Nov 2015 at 12:30 PM.
Quote:
*NOTE: The information below is brand-new. This is not a compilation of everything we know about Get Together, just everything we’ve learned in the past 24 hours*

The Pre-Get Together Game Patch
The game patch (available to everyone, Get Together or not) will introduce a bunch of new features:
  • Groups (not clubs) will be included in the patch. You can create a group and ask the whole group to do something with you.
  • The game will finally be in 64 Bit for PC users
  • Mods will automatically be disabled when the game is patched/updated, to prevent any issues
  • A new Lot Type: Public Pool
  • Two new pool colors in the patch, six if you have Get Together
  • Interface changes:
    New button to manage clubs
    Screenshot and video manager buttons are now next to the time display in the lower middle of the screen. The upper right corner will now have the option to quickly switch between TS3 and TS4 camera modes.
  • Map changes (colored world maps)
  • Existing groups and their behaviors have been revamped and improved
  • New interaction on the fridge and bar: Hire Caterer
  • Some new greetings
  • Several bug fixes

New Aspiration and Traits
  • There’s a new aspiration which can be found under popularity: Leader of the Pack.
  • There’s also two new traits for adults: Dance Machine and Insider. Insider is also available to kids, and it’s for Sims who love to be in groups. Dance Machine unlocks a new dance interaction. Both traits come with new animations.

Clubs and Groups
  • Club activities take precedence over everything, including needs
  • You can create clubs that you are not a part of and they’ll gather on their own and follow the rules set for them
  • Clubs outfits can be customized by color, style, or exact outfits
  • Friends will now randomly invite your Sim via text to different social events, like Ladies Night, Bears Night, and Knight Knight. Texts vary depending on a Sims’ mood. (Example: “Alex, I see your in a good mood. Want to head to _______ for a few drinks?”)
  • Sims will always attend club hangouts, even if they were busy or at work.
  • Only the Leader can call a club meeting or edit a club
  • Sims can trash talk the Leader of their club to lower morale. Sims can even ask a Leader to step-down, or they can overthrow them by turning everyone else against them.
  • Clubs can be used with pack content (Yoga or Meditation Clubs are possible, for example)
  • There are 11 pre-made clubs, which can die out if you don’t eventually add new members to them
    If a club goes extinct, a different club will replace it, so there will always be 11 active clubs
  • Inactive Sims will only leave a club if he or she doesn’t fulfill the requirements anymore, or if he or she dies
  • Meeting times can be set for a club, but if an active Sim goes to a lot that is the meeting place of a club, chances are high that the club will be already meeting there
  • Sims can join three clubs each
  • There is a special club door that can be customized with a club’s logo, and used to prevent non-members from entering a space. Club members enter with a special knock
  • Clubs cannot be disabled
  • Sims can autonomously break the rules, and members will scold them if they do
  • The Club Creation Tool has many options:
    Clubs can have 2-8 members, but only six are possible at first (the last two slots must be unlocked)
    Clubs can be Open-Invitation or Invitation-Only. The latter requires an invitation from the leader…if your Sim asks the Leader of an Invitation-Only club to join, your Sim MIGHT be invited to go hang with the club, and your Sim has to impress all of the members to be offered an invitation to join.
    Meeting places can be anywhere…you can choose any lot, a lot type, or no lot
    You can choose five activities that your club likes, and five they hate. There are 9 categories to choose from that range from eat and drink to mischief and chaos. There are also special child activities like make homework, play in the dresser or similar things.
    - Positive and negative activities only have influence while you’re in a club meeting. If a group member does a negative activity the normally transperent group indicator turns red and the other group members can scold the offending Sim.
    Club requirements can be set: Age, Career, Financial Status, Traits, Marital Status, Skills.
    -If a club requires a certain skill, it must be level 2
    Club advantages can be purchased with points received from club interactions. Special handshakes, social bonuses, skill boosts, emotional controls, clothing and decor objects…etc. can be unlocked.

Create A Sim
  • The new clothing styles seem to be euro-rave and posh-casual.
  • Kids get a ton of new clothes.
  • There are great new hairstyles that are textured better than base game hair
  • There are about 40 things for men, 60 for women and about 10 for female children and 10 for male children

Build/Buy Mode
  • There is a beautiful new skylight
  • Sims can woo-hoo in the new closet, and kids can play in it as well
  • There are over 230 new objects
  • The textures on new objects are more detailed than base game textures

Windenburg
  • The neighborhoods are still “closed” like Willow Creek and Oasis Springs, but Windenburg feels much, much bigger and the individual neighborhoods have more personality
  • There is a coffee shop called The Burnt Bean
  • There are many different types of coffee
  • There are about 27 lots and 7 neighborhoods; three have a special lot type that cannot be altered at all (The Ruins, The Bluff and The Garden Chateau)
    There are two empty lots and four unoccupied houses
    Other special lots (like The Ruins) have small areas where building is possible, but most are not editable, even with a cheat
  • The scenery is unlike anything we’ve seen before in terms of beauty and quality graphics
  • Old Town has ducks that live in the ponds (and if they cross the road, cars will stop for them!) and feels like the English countryside
    The Van Haunt Mansion (with the hedge maze) is located in Old Town
    Old town has pubs, clubs, and more!
    There is a tunnel to get to the other side of the town much faster.
  • The Modern District has a coffee shop, and lots of fun clubs and hangout places
  • The Island is a gorgeous new neighborhood completely surrounded by water
    The Bluffs (the natural pool swimming area) is located here and Sims can swim in the hot springs
    There is a mystery tunnel on the island that Sims can discover and explore, no one knows where it leads

DJ/Dancing
  • There are four DJ booths
  • There are dance floors of all styles
  • The Dancing Skill has only five levels, but the DJ Skill has ten
  • There is a new event-type: dance party
  • DJ Sims can make their own mixes to play to the crowd
  • Good DJs can make money from tips
  • After some practice and skill crafting DJ’s will be able to interact with the crowd! Hype the Crowd will engage Sims more and get their energy high and Feel the Crowd will give the audience the mood of the DJ’s choosing to create the ideal party vibe.

Swimming
  • There are three diving platforms, all the same height; two are made of stone
  • New, natural pools are gorgeous
  • A Sim can choose between 4 groups of dives: cannon ball, back somersault, jumping and swan dives. There’s no diving skill. Failure animation are random – although they can be influenced by your Sims emotion.
  • Pools can now have jets, floating lamps and pool plants on the water

Miscellaneous
  • Sims can empty their bladder, woo-hoo, and even nap in a special new bush object
  • The sea monster is a very low quality model that sometimes appears in the lake in the distance, and has no gameplay value
  • The bonfire has cute, romantic interactions. Sims can also throw things into the fire.
  • It won’t be possible to have your own Café but if you own Get To Work you can place the espresso machine on your retail lot and hire a barista (or man the machine yourself). Unfortunately, it won’t generate any money for your store.
  • Clubs cannot gather in vacation destinations like Granite Falls

Via Sims4News Tumblr

That took some time setting up but I think this makes it easier for those that don't want to look at multiple articles that may only have a bit of info.

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3848 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:09 AM
^ Ok.I had zero interest in what seemed like a pointless, empty pack before.

But with your info @ventusmatt I'm now so freaking excited! I'm buying this ASAP!!

My Sims are under ID: MoonfoxNightcry on Origin
Instructor
#3849 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
You know, just from what I've seen from the way emotions and traits work in this game now, something tells me that it won't be nearly as complex as what you just described.

You are most likely correct. However, as another disappointing descendent of a once-great game likes to say:
"The strong survive, the imaginative endure." :cylon:

New traits like mopey could be just like jealous their way of making fixes and changes to traits without having to overhaul the old ones and I'm still in denial that loves children and mopey have been removed!!!!

In all fairness, there is supposed to be another sort of embargo lifting today. Who knows? Perhaps this bit of mystery shall be solved. Until then, my tinfoil hat is going nowhere.

Lab Assistant
#3850 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 12:22 PM
Hmm... I wonder if this club system would allow us to create servants... Say, a "club" consisting of an elderly couple who according to club rules will cook, clean and garden, never acts funny with the "master" family (belonging to the same household), their "gatherings" take place in the house where they live (serve) etc. Would they gather autonomously if I'm playing the family?
I also wonder what happens when I switch from a Sim in a club gathering to play another Sim who is not a member, on the same lot. Will the gathering continue and my first Sim go on doing the club activities?
Locked thread
Page 154 of 447