Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3851 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:13 PM
There is some cheat that will make the selected sim work as a maid or whatever

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Theorist
#3852 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 1:28 PM Last edited by TMBrandon : 25th Nov 2015 at 3:27 PM.
TheSimSupply interview!

The Sims has discovered the life of the nude! Brand new nude outfit!

OSimBR video (in Portuguese):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvsCQdwum-I

Deligracy Mean Girls:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFilfQ7T95I

James Turner; How to Make a Skylight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePt...ture=youtu.be&a

SimsVIP; Closets and Anything Goes Bush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_K...ture=youtu.be&a
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOW...ture=youtu.be&a

That closet woohoo is RISQUE!

OMG EDIT: I take that back, that bush is R.A.U.N.C.H.Y!
#3853 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Good...god... What is happening to the sims studio? Was it Lucy leaving EA, or Rachel leaving direct control of the sims production? Whatever it is, it's like they finally noticed we're not all aged between 11 and 14!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#3854 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 4:56 PM
That whole conversation about the nudity "outfit" was probably the most awkward thing I've ever heard O____O

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3855 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 8:10 PM
"SimGuruTrev took a little time out of his day and made a 'Telesplosion'..."

I guess that's more important/interesting than a Cafe generating some sort of income. I'm sure it wouldn't be something incredibly difficult to do.

I'm not even touching nudity.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#3856 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 8:49 PM
"Fertilize"

Field Researcher
#3857 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 8:54 PM
Thanks for that list VentusMatt fantastic the one disappointment for me is
Clubs cannot be disabled

Seems to me the further the game series develops the more we are forced to play the way developers want us to play the game.
What made/makes the Sims Franchise great was you could play the game style that suited you. now it seems on rails to me, compare Get to work to Open for Business, GTW had a real RPG feel to it compared to how you could use OFB
Get together you must use the Clubs even if you have no interest in them) This detracts a lot from the freedom one had to play the game and made it a great game to start with in my humble opinion.

I would be Happy to get the ep for Windenburg alone however I take it you cannot edit and play the world without clubs ?
#3858 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 8:56 PM
I can't really see why it's important to disable clubs any more than any other NPC/townie behaviour in public places. I mean you probably don't have to even notice clubs unless your sim is involved in them

Mad Poster
#3859 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:16 PM
If you don't actively get one of your played Sims to join a club then the biggest impact I imagine it would have on your regular gameplay would be that occassionally you see groups of Sims with hexagonal plumbobs around town from time to time.

As far as that list above goes, it says that only the leader of a club can call a meeting. That's not true. ANY member of a club can call a meeting.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#3860 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:24 PM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 25th Nov 2015 at 9:43 PM.
I suppose my question is can you edit clubs lots out of Windenburg aka like the Empty Worlds you can have for Oasis Spring and Willow creek, or are clubs lots not movable ?
I like using custom made lots from this site and others to give the worlds I play, for a unique feel.

Do the 10 clubs have their own lots ? If so 10 out of 27 lots are clubs, that is if I am reading the information right?
Lab Assistant
#3861 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 9:48 PM
I don't think you'll be forced to play with clubs, even if you can't disable them. At most, you'll see groups of Sims with club icons over their heads on community lots.

Clubs don't have exclusive lots by default. Clubs either meet at the designated lot (or lot type), or wherever the player starts a meeting. AFAIK players can make a lot exclusive to a certain club with a special club door, but it's a club perk you have to earn.
Mad Poster
#3862 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Good...god... What is happening to the sims studio? Was it Lucy leaving EA, or Rachel leaving direct control of the sims production? Whatever it is, it's like they finally noticed we're not all aged between 11 and 14!

Ehhhh, bear in mind that I haven't watched the video all the way yet, but the first thing I thought was that a nude outfit might finally fix the bug where an outfit flagged as bathing would cause your sims to wear clothes in the bath/shower forever more unless you copied a fake nude outfit onto their bathing outfit.

ETA: Of course, if that's not the case, it would be funny to watch all my sims 'skinny-dipping' in frilly shorts and giant floppy hats. Wait, did I say funny? I meant annoying. Really annoying.
Scholar
#3863 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:13 PM
TheSimSupply interview!
James Turner; How to Make a Skylight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePt...ture=youtu.be&a

THAT, is just about the most awesome thing ever!

Quote:
Clubs and Groups
  • Club activities take precedence over everything, including needs
  • Sims will always attend club hangouts, even if they were busy or at work

THIS, is a clusterfuck just waiting to happen.

I can't wait to go to the pub and have my Sims walk through the haze of unwashed Sim and dodge puddles of pee, on their way to the bar, where they won't get a drink because the bartender is at a club meeting. This is, after all, the same team that brought you non-stop date requests from members of your own family, the paparazzi plague, non-stop zombies, bar venues infested with wild horses and every other "new toy gone wild" over the years. EVERY new features needs a button to turn it off until it has been nerfed/balanced properly by a third party.

May the gaming gods help us all!
Mad Poster
#3864 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy
I suppose my question is can you edit clubs lots out of Windenburg aka like the Empty Worlds you can have for Oasis Spring and Willow creek, or are clubs lots not movable ?
I like using custom made lots from this site and others to give the worlds I play, for a unique feel.

Do the 10 clubs have their own lots ? If so 10 out of 27 lots are clubs, that is if I am reading the information right?

Clubs aren't tied to Lots. There is no specific Lot type for clubs. You can set up a club so that they meet at specific Lots but I would assume if the Lot is removed, the Sims will just not meet or will default to the general Lot type originally chosen. So if you tell them to meet at a specific bar which you later remove, they may just meet at other bars in general.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
#3865 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 10:38 PM
With the rooflight thingy I want to know what will happen when we get the weather and seasons EPs. Will the pergola roof keep the weather out? I know the dancefloor will cos there is really a proper floor all the way under it - but none of the campers checked to see if it let light in to the downstairs room.

Field Researcher
#3866 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:02 PM
Thanks for clearing that up regarding Clubs,
as aeval99 mentioned potential CF with:

Clubs and Groups
Club activities take precedence over everything, including needs
Sims will always attend club hangouts, even if they were busy or at work

Wonder if any people noticed this at the simscamp on game-play ?
WOW imagine this in the Real world
"Sorry Boss I know its 9.09 am.... but I have a club meeting"
"Honey I know it's out wedding day...but I have to go now to the Library for a book Club Meeting"

Maybe open a store selling your sims incontinence pants.
Test Subject
#3867 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:03 PM
Hello! I've been a longtime lurker of the Sims 4 section. Just wanted to say hello to everyone! :D

Here's a consolidated post of all screenshots related to the club interface and options: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ges-and-options

It's surprisingly more robust than I imagined.
Forum Resident
#3868 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:55 PM
I don't want clubs in my game at all and I hate that there's not a way to disable them. I thought all I'd have to do is delete all the clubs in game and that would be it, but it sounds like new ones will be created automatically. If I can't get rid of the clubs, I at least want a way to get rid of the symbols above their heads. I like taking photos in game, but I refuse to take one if there's a thought or speech bubble visible and the same will go with the club icons.
Forum Resident
#3869 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 12:13 AM Last edited by audioromance : 26th Nov 2015 at 12:29 AM.
They just need to apologize profusely for the way GTW handled businesses. Retail only was just a poor move. You know they will expand on business with a open for business type pack just so they can make more money. I was never a fan of open for business and don't care much for open working spaces, but it was literally shit to do that to the people who do.\

ETA: I should really refresh before I reply.

Also do we know how the requirements work for traits? I ask because with only three traits per sim it makes no sense to use this feature often as you don't want to make clubs that are inaccessible to most sims. However, if it is an either/or situation then you can select a few different traits and have a easier time narrower the field, but also being inclusive enough. So instead of having to have snob and mean for a club you may be able to have snob OR mean to join. Does that make sense? Just curious about that.
Mad Poster
#3870 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I don't want clubs in my game at all and I hate that there's not a way to disable them. I thought all I'd have to do is delete all the clubs in game and that would be it, but it sounds like new ones will be created automatically. If I can't get rid of the clubs, I at least want a way to get rid of the symbols above their heads. I like taking photos in game, but I refuse to take one if there's a thought or speech bubble visible and the same will go with the club icons.
When you use the game's camera controls, thought bubbles don't show.
Inventor
#3871 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Also do we know how the requirements work for traits? I ask because with only three traits per sim it makes no sense to use this feature often as you don't want to make clubs that are inaccessible to most sims. However, if it is an either/or situation then you can select a few different traits and have a easier time narrower the field, but also being inclusive enough. So instead of having to have snob and mean for a club you may be able to have snob OR mean to join. Does that make sense? Just curious about that.

In Deligracy's gameplay video she notes that trait requirements are an either/or situation. As long as a sim has one of the traits required they are eligible to join.

Check out my Simblr
Forum Resident
#3872 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
In Deligracy's gameplay video she notes that trait requirements are an either/or situation. As long as a sim has one of the traits required they are eligible to join.

I must have missed that, but that's good to know! I was very concerned about that, but that makes me feel better. Let's me reconsider my plans.
Forum Resident
#3873 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
When you use the game's camera controls, thought bubbles don't show.

I didn't know that. Well, I don't think that will be the case for the club icons because you can see them in screenshots.
Theorist
#3874 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I didn't know that. Well, I don't think that will be the case for the club icons because you can see them in screenshots.

headlineeffects off gets rid of any effects above their head, be it thought bubbles down to the plumbob, I'm sure the same will apply to club icons.

Besides, the screenshots are meant to be promotional.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3875 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
With the rooflight thingy I want to know what will happen when we get the weather and seasons EPs. Will the pergola roof keep the weather out? I know the dancefloor will cos there is really a proper floor all the way under it - but none of the campers checked to see if it let light in to the downstairs room.

For what James did, that wasn't a real skylight. Unless a room's room is fully covered or it's not fully surrounded by walls (half walls don't count), it's considered outside, and uses natural light, rather than the normal indoor lighting. Therefore, when it rains or snow, it'll effect the lot.

The cafe lot in the business district is a prime example - the Sims team never consideres what will happen when we get season for certain lots. Most are weather proof, but every now and again you a see a lot that has bits and bobs exposed. The cafe is technically an outdoor room, which will cause Sims to freeze upon entering the venue.

Of course, it can be fixed by replacing the half-wall hole with a window, but it's a coming issue that should probably be handled before release.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread
Page 155 of 447