Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3901 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:04 AM
I guess that T rating is for Taboo.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Inventor
#3902 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There's also the issue of temperatures to account for. If it's cold outside, it'll probably be cold "indoors" as well.

Maybe they add heating and a/c units. I would like to see those be added as well as fans. It gets cold/hot inside even if your house is well insulated and I would like to see them pay attention to that. That would add in units that only work for one room and some that work for the whole house. It would also add more purpose to the fireplaces in game besides being decor.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3903 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:39 AM
By indoors I meant a room that's closed of, but the game consumers it outdoors.

Example: build a room and make if if the wall's segments a half wall. This is now an outdoor room (noted by the change in lighting.

Adding an AC or Fireplace won't change the room. It's still cold. All outside area will be cold.

I'd love to see a means of heating a house - radiators, baseboard heaters, a thermostat, ceiling fans, air conditioning, etc. for actual indoor rooms. They're great for deco, as well as functionality!

Forum Resident
#3904 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 12:56 AM Last edited by audioromance : 27th Nov 2015 at 1:19 AM.
I guess that T rating is for Taboo.

wait until they pull out the BDSM expansion pack.

Oh wait got the name Get Fifty Shades of Sims. Sorry guys had too.
Inventor
#3905 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 2:14 AM
Well they could also make all heating/cooling units work not by room but by radius. So anything within there bounds is warm/cool and the better the items quality is the bigger it's area is. I don't think it would be that difficult since items with moods effects don't actually affect the room but a certain area. Though obviously central cooling and heating would have to be by room.

Check out my Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3906 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 4:06 AM
Generally, things in rooms that procedure heat/cold air will fill that space (a room) with more of itself. It'll probably be by room (if it's done).

Something along the lines of:
No heating/cooling (make Sims uncomfortable).
Heating or cooling by area (interaction based or certain object used outside).
Heat/Cool a room (radiator, fireplace, ceiling fan, ventilation system).
Heat/Cool a house (thermostat, central heating/cooling system).

Field Researcher
#3907 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 6:15 AM
There's also the issue of temperatures to account for. If it's cold outside, it'll probably be cold "indoors" as well.

Like my house in real life? Even when I close the door and windows it's still bloody cold! Jumpers and jackets...

-- The Roc
Instructor
#3908 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 8:52 AM
Sounds like Get Together should get the title Get Laid then.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3909 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrRoc
Like my house in real life? Even when I close the door and windows it's still bloody cold! Jumpers and jackets...

-- The Roc

I meant in regards to rooms the game considers outdoors because of an issue that EA keeps ignoring game after game, even though this is actually an issue that effected several lots in the Sims 2 BASE GAME.

People love that effect where indoor places use outdoor lighting so you have proper shadows, but the functionality is actually quite poor for those places.

This isn't an issue now because the game is stuck in Summer, but we'll see what happens when seasons and weather rolls around.

Smeg Head
#3910 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 2:57 PM
The Hospital will be needing its own VD clinic wing in the foreseeable future. Good luck with that. I'd say give it a round of applause, but that's just the clap, isn't it? The Clap Club, hmmm, could be a thing. Often mistaken for a Dance Club, due to all the strange and painful walk styles after getting a dose. Now that's what I call dirty dancing, quite literally.
Instructor
#3911 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
wait until they pull out the BDSM expansion pack.

Considering that The Sims 2 used to have a teaser trailer featuring a dominatrix, this may not be as far-fetched as you think.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Forum Resident
#3912 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Considering that The Sims 2 used to have a teaser trailer featuring a dominatrix, this may not be as far-fetched as you think.

hahah omg really? I must have missed that. I was pretty young when TS2 came out. I have to go look for this trailer!
Instructor
#3913 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 27th Nov 2015 at 5:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
hahah omg really? I must have missed that. I was pretty young when TS2 came out. I have to go look for this trailer!

Good luck. I tried finding it for you, but all the fan-made sims videos are really overwhelming to wade through.
They used to have all the trailers on the official Sims2 website (RIP), which is where I saw it originally. As I recall, real humans were walking around and finding tiny sims in unusual places. I remember some sims were walking across the book someone was trying to study. The dominatrix in question was standing on top of a trashcan in an alleyway; she beguiled the husband of a very irate sim wife with her whip. I really wasn't expecting to see anything like that. Then again, the TV trailers for TS1 were often of a...curious variety, too.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Forum Resident
#3914 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
Good luck. I tried finding it for you, but all the fan-made sims videos are really overwhelming to wade through.
They used to have all the trailers on the official Sims2 website (RIP), which is where I saw it originally. As I recall, real humans were walking around and finding tiny sims in unusual places. I remember some sims were walking across the book someone was trying to study. The dominatrix in question was standing on top of a trashcan in an alleyway; she beguiled the husband of a very irate sim wife with her whip. I really wasn't expecting to see anything like that. Then again, the TV trailers for TS1 were often of a...curious variety, too.

I remember an old print ad for The Sims 2. A real-life woman comes into the bedroom to find her husband with another woman in bed, and surrounding her head is a pie menu with the options along the lines of Yell, Slap, Punch, Divorce, Cry and Join.

Come to think of it, I don't remember being able to have threesomes in TS2. False advertising, I say!

EDIT: Found it. Turns out it was even saucier than I had remembered.
Field Researcher
#3915 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:02 PM
Soooo... EA just made a pack about having wild, rabid orgies as a feature unintentionally.

...Oh my word.

I just hope for that sort of club, they still at least check if people are related. Heh. Or will it overwrite that too? o.O
Scholar
#3916 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
I remember an old print ad for The Sims 2. A real-life woman comes into the bedroom to find her husband with another woman in bed, and surrounding her head is a pie menu with the options along the lines of Yell, Slap, Punch, Divorce, Cry and Join.

Come to think of it, I don't remember being able to have threesomes in TS2. False advertising, I say!

EDIT: Found it. Turns out it was even saucier than I had remembered.

That is a most epic promotion pic - TS2, so naughty!!
Hmm, what would I do in this situation...?
Punch him, threaten divorce, throw him out the room (hidden option )....and then join them - "Hello, ladies...." *wiggles eyebrows*

...Titanium white...
Inventor
#3917 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd
I just hope for that sort of club, they still at least check if people are related. Heh. Or will it overwrite that too? o.O

I don't know if it was an article or a video i was watching but i know there was mention that the next update is suppose to solve the issue of inappropriate relationships.

Check out my Simblr
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3918 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VentusMatt
I don't know if it was an article or a video i was watching but i know there was mention that the next update is suppose to solve the issue of inappropriate relationships.

Really? Never mind, I am sure the other bit of MC from the other site will sort that out

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#3919 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kawaiipd

haha cersei and jaime fan club. I would be surprised, but gleeful if they forgot about that. Just imagine the uproar.
Top Secret Researcher
#3920 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 9:10 PM
Field Researcher
#3921 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 9:28 PM
By indoors I meant a room that's closed of, but the game consumers it outdoors.

Example: build a room and make if if the wall's segments a half wall. This is now an outdoor room (noted by the change in lighting.

Adding an AC or Fireplace won't change the room. It's still cold. All outside area will be cold.

I'd love to see a means of heating a house - radiators, baseboard heaters, a thermostat, ceiling fans, air conditioning, etc. for actual indoor rooms. They're great for deco, as well as functionality!

You would hope by the possible Sims 4 Seasons EP these great ideas you have listed would be implemented daily heating cooling cost to affect your bill cycle we can only hope.... no telemetry computer says fans will prefer being able to whoohoo in a pile of autumn leaves instead.
Lab Assistant
#3922 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:14 PM
I thought that with the new ep, more people would be reading this section.
Inventor
#3923 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy
You would hope by the possible Sims 4 Seasons EP these great ideas you have listed would be implemented daily heating cooling cost to affect your bill cycle we can only hope.... no telemetry computer says fans will prefer being able to whoohoo in a pile of autumn leaves instead.

No but can I have both

Check out my Simblr
Smeg Head
#3924 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:49 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 28th Nov 2015 at 12:03 AM.

With all this wanton club woohoo on the horizon, our sims will be keeping themselves very warm with scant need to burn fossil fuels. Woohooing for warmth and for protecting the environment. What better cause could there be? That's not an exclamation mark. That is a representation of part of my anatomy that is throbbing red with the impending excitement of all this. In about three minutes, you don't want to be anywhere near it, lest you bring an umbrella.

Oh, December, and a swinging holiday party club theme, for sure. All in 64-bit. Yipee-doo!!! That's going to be one packed orgy club house. Enough to have Caligula himself double-take in surprise. Wall to wall woohoo and rodgering to the rafters. They'll be singing epic poems about it for the next two centuries. Oh, December...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3925 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy

Graham saw a lot of ideas we "pitched" in TS3's seasons. Like, power outages (which he said wasn't fun, but I beg to differ), and indoor temperature control (which no one cared to implement because houses were the perfect temperature).

I tend to feel like they focus on the more superficial side of weather at times. You can create a lot of real stories about a family struggling to keep warm I the winter without a means of affordable heat. Even if that were a mechanic, they'd provide an easy, cheap solution to purchase for 50 simoleans, rather than have heating be a luxury, like it is in the real world. During a power outage, struggling to meet needs when the electricity is cut.

Quote: Originally posted by Mellowyellow09
I thought that with the new ep, more people would be reading this section.

A lot of people still aren't a fan on the EP or the Sims 4 overall. I just come here to be a bitch, tbh.

Locked thread
Page 157 of 447