Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#14751 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
Hold up, the cow plant eats people?

That's brand new information!!!

Totally, like never before!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#14752 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candacis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4O7sO6TaI

Cowplant Trailer.
I wonder how much more stupid.. eh weird the trailers can get.
I expected something different because of the preview picture which looked funny to me, like a B-Movie poster. Well.. let down again. But I'm just.. meh, whatever.

29 entire seconds of view time. wow.
Field Researcher
#14753 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:20 PM

Cowplant Trailer.
I expected something different because of the preview picture which looked funny to me, like a B-Movie poster. Well.. let down again. But I'm just.. meh, whatever.

Holy crap! they called THAT a trailer?
Just wasted 30 second of my life

Quote: Originally posted by Monsoon
Totally, like never before!

Yup! Like Never Before...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Top Secret Researcher
#14754 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neon_wild
Well it's easy for you to say that when you already have it is the thing I think. People want to find out for themselves.

I dunno, my own desire to have the demo died long before I got it, as I felt and still feel we were getting good impressions from other users here who did have the demo.

It's not squee-worthy. I spent maybe 20 minutes in CAS when I did get it, and haven't opened the demo since.

That being said, I think it's pretty shitty how EA has handled giving out the demo. A conflict theorist would have a hey-day picking apart their technique.
Scholar
#14755 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:23 PM

Cowplant Trailer.

I did like the narrator - his accent made me chuckle... 'does Ned want a piece of cake?'
Eh, I'm strange.... - and still demoless
*goes to check Origin hopefully*
.....eh, nothing there... - why EA; why make me feel all these emotionzz?!!

...Titanium white...
Alchemist
#14756 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I did like the narrator - his accent made me chuckle... 'does Ned want a piece of cake?'

Well, ducks, there's nothin' like that feeling of rejection. Maybe that's another marketing ploy. They're playing hard to get.
Instructor
#14757 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji

There there, you're not alone. There's more people like you out there, suffering from the "AAAARGH WTF NO DEMO TODAY EITHER"-neglection syndrome.

*Mimoliin tries her best to comfort Enjoji, and herself in the process*
Theorist
#14758 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:27 PM
So, I just rewatched all those little teasers, and there's some pretty funny comments from each video.
Pancake Bob:
Quote:
He doesn't always eat breakfast... But when he does, he doesn't call household to meal.

Amber:
Quote:
If I ever get this game, Amber will be going straight to my dungeon.

Quote:
Too bad there won't be any pools to drown her in.

Quote:
Somebody file an Amber-alert because I think she's lost her mind.

Epic Wood:
Quote:
Oh maybe she can build something for her toddler!! Oh wait. darn.

Quote:
Man I like how she puts all of her aggression into that wood. Oh yaaa!

Just a few that might make you chuckle.
Scholar
#14759 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:28 PM
I just realized - what if there's a broken piece of plumbing and then they cut the power and water?

Does the broken plumbing continue to gush water while the rest of your water is out?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Alchemist
#14760 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
I just realized - what if there's a broken piece of plumbing and then they cut the power and water?

Does the broken plumbing continue to gush water while the rest of your water is out?

This is EA we're talking about. Of course it will continue to gush. I mean, THEY gush, and gush and gush.
Inventor
#14761 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:30 PM
I do like that the cowplant can die and have a skull and all that. It's a neat touch that they actually grow and stuff now.
Not enough to have me buy the game, but nice nonetheless.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14762 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:31 PM

They'll try to breastfeed it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#14763 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
I dunno, my own desire to have the demo died long before I got it, as I felt and still feel we were getting good impressions from other users here who did have the demo.

It's not squee-worthy. I spent maybe 20 minutes in CAS when I did get it, and haven't opened the demo since.

That being said, I think it's pretty shitty how EA has handled giving out the demo. A conflict theorist would have a hey-day picking apart their technique.

They're playing this like the Demo is their one precious - holding it out, snatching it away.
Not sure if it's a smart move or not - along with players continuing to hope for it, it's also creating ill will and indifference.
Instructor
#14764 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:37 PM
The thought of a gushing toilet reminds me of those Japanese bidets... So in theory, they should still be usable, and even more so if the water is cut. Your sim won't be able to flush, sure, but since when do every sim flush?
Mad Poster
#14765 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
But didn't it puke him out right after? Don't tell me it's gonna be like the Sims 3 Store cowplant that would eat the Sims and spit them out. In the Sims 2 it was waaay easier for Sims to die from the cowplant. If they make it as benign as it seems to be, then where's the spontaneity? Is it like a .001% chance of death now?

I've only had two sims get eaten in Sims 3. One died, but the other was spit out, I think because he had the Unlucky trait. Or maybe he got a second chance.
Field Researcher
#14766 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
They're playing this like the Demo is their one precious - holding it out, snatching it away.
Not sure if it's a smart move or not - along with players continuing to hope for it, it's also creating ill will and indifference.

Another one stated some weeks ago in this thread that this is a deliberate move by EA to prepare the players for their premium membership. You know, like, subscribe to be a premium member and never again will you get overlooked for special stuff like this, you will get it as early as possible with all the other vip's.
I don't know what perspective is better - that EA's marketing is just incompetent or downright evil.
Scholar
#14767 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I do like that the cowplant can die and have a skull and all that. It's a neat touch that they actually grow and stuff now.
Not enough to have me buy the game, but nice nonetheless.

They put detail into the cowplant because it's part of their precious gardening system.

Hopefully when ghosts are re-introduced, that they are counted as cowplant deaths and not starving deaths.

Also from the same article that gave us the Gusher Toilet - Pee Self, even if nobody is watching, pushes you to Embarrassed. That's kinda broken, is it?

Most likely, Pee Self + Someone Walks In = Embarrassment Overload -> Dead! Laugh, dammit! It's supposed to be funny! We're EA!

Why can't Sims just drop their pants? It's better than wetting them.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#14768 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I've only had two sims get eaten in Sims 3. One died, but the other was spit out, I think because he had the Unlucky trait. Or maybe he got a second chance.

And yet, in TS2, every sim I lead to the cowplant seems to get eaten and die xD Do you think they're watering it down for any specific reason? Perhaps to make the game easier?

I still haven't gotten a Sims 3 Sim to die from the cowplant
Theorist
#14769 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:02 PM
I like the cow plant's animations. It looks cute to me :3
Still didn't change my mind about buying the game, though. Sorry, Cow plant.
Mad Poster
#14770 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:06 PM
And yet, in TS2, every sim I lead to the cowplant seems to get eaten and die xD Do you think they're watering it down for any specific reason? Perhaps to make the game easier?

I still haven't gotten a Sims 3 Sim to die from the cowplant

I'm guessing the lower rate of cowplant deaths in TS3 is because they didn't want every single uncontrolled idiot getting eaten. In TS2, you just had to worry about the visitors to the lot - walkbys were safe and staff seem to be immune, but people you greeted/invited over/brought home from work were very easy to kill. In TS3, you have to worry about EVERYONE.

So hopefully a return to smaller play areas means the cowplant will be a bit more fatal again.
Theorist
#14771 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Oh, Lovcat, sorry I never got you the parent for that. I needed "time away" to sort of stop feeling so disgusted, and to just Zen out over the whole TS4 thing. I couldn't do anything about it, I just had to hang up my simmers uniform for a month, and the Pokemon stuff disappeared with that, sorry.

On topic: Meh.

On topic : Living a life on the high seas without rules or regard for... stuff. IS BAD and can hurt your computer
Field Researcher
#14772 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I'm guessing the lower rate of cowplant deaths in TS3 is because they didn't want every single uncontrolled idiot getting eaten. In TS2, you just had to worry about the visitors to the lot - walkbys were safe and staff seem to be immune, but people you greeted/invited over/brought home from work were very easy to kill. In TS3, you have to worry about EVERYONE.

So hopefully a return to smaller play areas means the cowplant will be a bit more fatal again.

Knowing that this is Sims 4, the cowplant will probably be completely non-fatal
Scholar
#14773 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:16 PM
Knowing that this is Sims 4, the cowplant will probably be completely non-fatal

I dunno, cowplant deaths are just as "Weirder!TM Stories!TM" as emotional deaths.

Field Researcher
#14774 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:19 PM
I dunno, cowplant deaths are just as "Weirder!TM Stories!TM" as emotional deaths.

Yeah, but if they don't cut them out, then EA won't make the quota of things to cut out of Sims 4
Inventor
#14775 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 6:28 PM
That's pretty impressive! Making the baby cowplant cuter than the Sim baby
Locked thread
Page 591 of 920