Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
mr.moo7999 - The number has been extended just a little bit - to anyone who can get their entries in before 21:00 (9:00 PM) my time. Currently it's 14:44 (2:44 PM).

yeeeah I saw that just after I posted. I figured I'd leave that post there to "edit" it into my actual entry. That way, I don't have to write yet another post in the last 45 minutes. (3 in 45 minutes it a lot to me).

So I will recycle my last post.

BTW, thanks for extending it. I'm not sure if anyone else will thank you, but it does mean a lot. I've been working on this one for days (not days straight), but on and off. I've been quite busy, and have been squeezing in time to finish it. It's done =).

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:25 PM
off to rebuild, Hope I get it done in time :D
Test Subject
#203 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:50 PM Last edited by trench : 19th Jul 2010 at 7:37 AM.
So heres what I built I was glad to read that you take more than 50 contestants so my work didn't get wasted.

The Blue Lagoon House
The Blue Lagoon House was built in 2008 and was meant to be a house for the architecht who designed it himself. However this architecht didn't ever get to live in the house as he died in a car accident just a week before the house was finished.

The architecht, Susan Gardo, had a weird taste when it came to the colour of the house overall so none of his relatives wanted to move in her dream home. They put the house in market, but it still wasn't sold due to the colours of the house. The relatives hired a designer, Anita Thár, to redesign the colours so they would look better.

Anita succeeded in her task magnificently. The house sold for 200 000 § just a week after her renovation was finished. Now the owner of the house is more than happy with her new home and has named the house "The Blue Lagoon House" due to the blue theme of the house.

Street view:

Floor plan:

Livingroom:

Kitchen:

Master bedroom:

Additional bedroom:

Garden:

No CC used.
Lot price furnished: 193 716 §
Lot price unfurnished: 66 298 §

P.s Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language :p
Test Subject
#204 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:52 PM
Default Contest House
Hope its not to late :D

Road View

Living Room

Bathroom

Bedroom

kitchen

Well thats what i got and i forget to change some thing at the road view hope you guys forgive me

The Demon King
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 2:59 PM Last edited by mr.moo7999 : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:25 PM.
Default 1675 W. Charter Hill
A Brief History:

Way back in the old times, a log home was built on tip of Charter Hill. This home, insulated with only pine needles, had every single aspect of it, made of wood. The furniture, windows, (Before glass was "in style") kitchen appliances, and even clothes; they were all made of wood. The only thing not made of wood was the foundation. It seems like a recipe for disaster, right? Well it sure was. Only 5 short years after the home was built, a destructive wildfire broke out in the Charter Forest, just adjacent to the hill... thus the home. Surprisingly, the home completely burned down with a heep of smoke, leaving the only non-wooded thing behind: The foundation. In many years later, a young architect found Charter Hill, and it's old foundation left of a house in a time before. This young architect decided that it was great place to build a home. Only three years later, this masterpiece took the old log's home place, standing nearly three floors high. The landscaping and vegetation thrives quite well, for the home is surrounded in soil full of ash. The home, this time, is made out of less-flammable materials, such as stone walls and a slate roof. The interior, though, still has the cozy yet functional feel of a modern-day looking cabin.

Some facts about the home:

Home Price:
-Furnished: $181,300 Simloans
-Unfurnished: $128,200 Simloans
-Bedrooms: 3
-Bathrooms: 3.5
-Garage?: Yes, one car, unattached to home
-Levels: Two
-Rooms: 14
-Fireplace(s): Yes, 3
-Other Special Features:

-** NO CC **
-Wine cellar just off of Kitchen!
-Many porches/loggias for your enjoyment!
-Landscaping around whole yard, to the max!
-Upstairs laundry "room", near each bedroom!
-Each bedroom has own full bathroom!
-Master Bedroom has en suite kitchenette!
-The foundation was NOT altered in any way, but "overlooks" in porches and actual house appear to have a foundation. They are not connected to anything below them, but are an architectural element to the home!

Here are some pictures:

The front of the home:

The back of the home:

The living room:

The kitchen:

The master bedroom chamber:

The first floor floorplan:

1- Library
2- Dining Room
3- Powder Room
4- Kitchen
5- Wine Cellar
6- Foyer
7- Living Room
8- Porch
9- Garage (upper left)

The second floor floorplan:

1- Bedroom
2- Bathroom
3- Bedroom
4- Bathroom
5- Master Bedroom Chamber
6- Master Bathroom

Foundation:

This home was a blast to make. It started with a simple idea and blew up into my first Challenge entry. I find it fascinating how different simmers interpret the foundation differently. It's amazing to see the same "base" to a home, but different "make-up". Awesome!

Also, I am planning on posting the home up for download sometime in the near future.

Thanks for the opportunity and happy judging!
mrmoo :D
Screenshots

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM
YES! I was almost done my house and saw that there were 50 and i was like grrr. I will be back
Space Pony
#207 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Bchbch Walk : 18th Jul 2010 at 3:49 PM.
Default Eco-Friendly Starter: My Entry
Eco-Friendly Starter

Hi! For my entry I made this Eco-Friendly Starter. I don't really want to write a paragraph on my house, so I'll just get on with it.

Features:
  • One Bedroom
  • One Bathroom
  • Rooftop Garden
  • Solar Panels, Wind Turbines, Eco-Friendly Car
  • Pool
  • Upstairs Deck
  • First floor deck with Garage Door

*NO CC (Only Store Items)*

Front Exterior

First Floor Plan

Second Floor Deck & Rooftop Garden

Kitchen

Living Room

Bedroom

Bathroom & Laundry

Backyard & Pool

Full Roof

Well...there it is!
Thanks for extending it to more than 50! I was sad when I saw it was full.
I had a lot of fun doing this and I can't wait until the next one. I hope you guys like my entry! See ya laterrr(:
Sockpuppet
#208 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:09 PM Last edited by humjosh : 18th Jul 2010 at 4:14 PM. Reason: Adding additional info.
My entry: An old building which has been partly renovated on the inside to create a wonderful home for five people.

The facade of the house.

Ground floor: Kitchen/dining room; bathroom.

First floor: Entertainment room

Second floor: Three bedrooms; bathroom.

The ground floor incorporates an open plan layout, with a kitchen and dining room all in one large space.

The first floor is dedicated to an entertainment room, including a television, seating, access to the balcony, and a bar - perfect for entertaining guests.

The second floor has three bedrooms (two doubles and a single). This is the largest of the three bedrooms.

Another view of the dining room area of the ground floor.

Two sims enjoying a game of table football!

The back garden, complete with a swingset.
Test Subject
#209 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:13 PM
Same as NickelNicole, I had just started on my house, and after I slept there was 50 entrants. And then I saw HP's post and am now still working on it!

However long the night, the dawn will break.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#210 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:16 PM
Approximately 4 hours remaining!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#211 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:20 PM
it will be a miracle if I get this done on time -_-
Top Secret Researcher
#212 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:31 PM
Hurrah, my computer has broken down and I got no way of getting it all up on my boyfriends computer in time.

But good luck to all you other contestants

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#213 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:34 PM Last edited by Gail.wyness : 18th Jul 2010 at 4:39 PM. Reason: missed a bit.

This is the Home of Geoffrey, a lecturer in sustainable energies at the Centre for Alternative Technologies.

The house itself is made of a mixture of compacted straw bales and earth and roofed with reclaimed Welsh slate tiles and solar panels.

On the ground floor is the living room, with study area and large kitchen and dinning for four.

The second floor has one bedroom with on suite bathroom.

Geoff will only buy product made of sustainable materials and as such has great pride in his collection of second hand wooden furniture. His most resent find was a old oak kitchen for sale on eBay.

Being vegan Geoff likes to grow all of his own vegetables, to further reduce his carbon footprint. To the rear of the Vegetable garden is a compost heap, rain water collector and shed which house Geoff bikes and recycling bins.

No CC used, store items from the free earth day and EV pack used.
Mad Poster
#214 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
Well, I guess I can't enter which sucks, because I really wanted to. The Game just stops responding.

I'm still gonna try though :p
Test Subject
#215 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM
Just a note to HP: Sims 3 Borkiness has caused me to abstain this round, would it still be possible to participate in further rounds?
Test Subject
#216 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:32 PM
just a quick question for Gail.wyness, how do you make your staircase like that? Is that a new thing in one of the expansions. Ive always wanted to be able to make my stairs on different levels like that :/
Field Researcher
#217 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
ah crap, no way im finishing this... if i wanna post it anyway where do i put it? this is gonna be the first time ive uploaded something and ive put tonnes of effort in, cheers :D
Test Subject
#218 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:41 PM
RoiseRuby - the stairs use the CFE cheats. QbuilderZ has a handy tutorial on them here here
Top Secret Researcher
#219 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veezeeUnltd
Just a note to HP: Sims 3 Borkiness has caused me to abstain this round, would it still be possible to participate in further rounds?

99% sure you have to be in from round 1 to participate further.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:01 PM Last edited by NickelNicole12 : 18th Jul 2010 at 7:53 PM.
Default A lovely beach home
Welcome to your new beach home. It is a two story house right off of the beach and the old lighthouse. Its warm and cozy and you'll just love it. It was built in 1956 so it's not that old but it does need some yard work and a few touches here and there.

Here are the floor plans for the house. Im sure we can kick out a wall here and there to expand if you'd like.

Lets go to the living room. I see your boyfriend likes to read. He can relax on the lounge chairs out in the back and soak in the sun while reading. I can see he's also gone for a swim already unless he just likes to wear swim trunks around the house

Look at this amazing kitchen you have! You can cook and do the laundry in the same room to save you some extra free time later on.

Here is your bedroom. You'll have a lot of privacy in there with the blinds.

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b...eenshot-159.jpg

Lets take a step outside. There are some flamingos that wander around the areas so don't be afraid if you see them in your yard. You have a nice backyard with a pool and jacuzzi. Take a dip why don't you.

Here is the upstairs loft where you can paint a masterpeice, play foosball, surf the web and read.

This is the kids bedroom. I just love the sea wallpaper and the animals all around. They will love it!

Thats the end of the tour. If you have any questions just give me a buzz. Have fun, I'm off to lunch

No CC was used
Field Researcher
#221 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Nightlight : 18th Jul 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Default The Florence's House.
The Florence's House.

It's Ten o' clock.
The sun is shining, the bluebells are all out.
The wind is changing for Florence and it brings great opportunities.

A new life.
A new place where to start again.

Florence open the door and enters the house.
She smiles, She's finally at home.

Front

Kitchen

Living room

Bathroom

Bedroom

Three bonus pictures
Study

Garden (and Florence, of course)

First floor - Entrance, bathroom, living room and kitchen (+ garden)

Secondo floor - Bedroom and study

Details
No custom content
Lot: 30x30
Price (Furnished): 87991
Price (Unfurnished): 39238

PS: Sorry for my English, I know it's far from perfect.. I'm self-taught, I try to do my best..

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Test Subject
#222 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:09 PM
Hi. Here's my entry. It is a house for small family.
So Hasienda Luxury
It has 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and backyard with pool. Also there is a second living room with a fireplace, hall and laundry
Street View
First floor
Second floor
Kitchen/Dining room
Living Room
Master Bedroom
Bathroom
Second bedroom for the teen
Second Living Room
Backyard
Details:
No Custom Content
Lot Prise:
Furnished -186 946$
Unfurnished - 84 143$
Lot Size: 30x30
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:11 PM
Man, it is amazing what others have come up with for this challenge! Makes what I come up with rather... ordinary. Still, it's already made, so might as well submit it.

I called it the Charming Yellow Villa, because, um, it's yellow. Has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a spacious living/family room, a large upstairs deck, a small covered porch out back, and even smaller entrance porch in front. Has a detached one-car garage too.

Front Left

Front Right

Layout - first floor

Layout - second floor

Living room

Kitchen/Dining room

Master bedroom

The villa at night
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:15 PM
Wow everyone is so good with building. My house is so simple Good luck everyone. I can't wait for the results
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 6:16 PM
I hope it's not too late.

The sims3pack with the foundation opened the launcher, but didn't show up in it so I built the foundation excactly as shown in the picture, I hope that doesn't break the rules.

Some of my Sims wouldn't have lamps and wallpaper if they didn't complain about not having any and now they even have curtains.

Front view.

First floor.

Second floor.

Kitchen.

Living room.

Bedroom.

Second bedroom.

Sunroom.

My first TS3 garden.

There is no CC that I'm aware of, I only have a few patterns that aren't from the store and I don't think I used them, but it's hard to know.

Page 9 of 12