Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#10701 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8

...what. Did anyone here on MTS "love" the renamed interactions?

I'm convinced Grant is there to piss us off.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#10702 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:08 PM
I'm complete sure he isn't trolling, and that's the sad thing.
It's like EA have imposed a "I hate EA" filter on all their computers and all they see could see is how fans love the "Evil shower" and other annoyances any half sane fan would hate.
Test Subject
#10703 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:10 PM
About the evil showers and nasty naps, even if there isn't extra animations the jokes there don't hurt.
Inventor
#10704 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mumty
I figured out how to create all lifestages in CAS!!!

Teen:

YA:

Adult:

Elder (with dyed hair)

Here you go Mumty , I filled in the gaps for you

Toddler

Child
Field Researcher
#10705 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:15 PM
I think he is. I think he thinks he's sticking it to us for the constant criticism, and I doubt he gets reprimanded. I wouldn't be surprised if having him around, to widen the gap between this part of the community and the other part that "can't understand why they're so mad", was actually goal driven. The more riled up we get the more secure they become in their purchase.
Mad Poster
#10706 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsailija
About the evil showers and nasty naps, even if there isn't extra animations the jokes there don't hurt.

When they're advertised as features and don't effect the overall gameplay as a whole, it's an issue.

A slightly faster skill boost isn't something I'd be shoving out the door from the marketing campaign when I've got other core features that need to be addressed.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#10707 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:22 PM

The joke would have been slight tweaks to the animations. THAT would have been funny. As is, it's completely pointless.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Scholar
#10708 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:23 PM
Not sure if this has been posted, but there's a Creator's Camp coming up @ EA, Redwood...
http://simsvip.com/2014/07/25/the-s...8th-august-1st/

...Titanium white...
Field Researcher
#10709 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:30 PM

It's another bullet point on the long list of "Instances In Which TS3 Told Instead Of Showed". All it would have taken was like a recolor of the mist to black and bam! evil shower. Daredevils who owned cars could have driven faster. Great kissers could have had more kiss options, or autonomously practiced kissing in the mirror sometimes. Stuff like that makes a difference in these games.
Field Researcher
#10710 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:32 PM

At best they're a harmless joke; at worst they're an annoying but still relatively harmless reminder of lost opportunities to make traits matter more.

Either way, I find it difficult to believe that 'people loved' them. Grant confuses me so much sometimes
Field Researcher
#10711 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:34 PM
That toddler reminds me of one of these:

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10712 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenCats
At best they're a harmless joke; at worst they're an annoying but still relatively harmless reminder of lost opportunities to make traits matter more.

Either way, I find it difficult to believe that 'people loved' them. Grant confuses me so much sometimes

They're an example of poor story-telling.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#10713 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Not sure if this has been posted, but there's a Creator's Camp coming up @ EA, Redwood...
http://simsvip.com/2014/07/25/the-s...8th-august-1st/

Just saw that too. I wonder if this might be about a possible tool like Bodyshop? I hope so but I doubt it! Also, found a video with someone who's going: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqkt1Sqn-k Never heard of that creator before but hopefully we'll get more information on the creators camp soon.

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Inventor
#10714 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Aw Mumty ! I tried my best...sadly I doubt a Sims 4 toddler will have as many interactions as one of them doohickeys
Instructor
#10715 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:52 PM
I'm also willing to bet these folks who are going to this shindig are going to be under NDA until a week before the game is released (maybe even later).

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#10716 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dazro
People are all taking this far too seriously. It's a daft video game.

Lol young Skywalker, you should take a peek at the constant flame wars going on in the greater gaming world, where 40yr old dudes have intense arguments on Lara Crofts hair... We are one very mellow bunch on the scale of gaming fans.

Someone mentioned the moving curtains and lack of hair animations! Every time I used to bring up the lack of animated hair in TS3 and TS4 despite it being in TS2, people argued that "but it's too techically challenging" or "not a priority thing"...... Well, they sure managed to make moving curtains and trees. But not even alphas for hair meshes, let alone simple hair animations...
Lab Assistant
#10717 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
They're an example of poor story-telling.

We're taking the "show, don't tell"/story writing comparison a bit far, aren't we?

The point is not that the renames were bad per se, it's just that they were basically just there as a one-off joke, an easter egg. Claiming an easter egg to be a desired feature *can* work (Europa Universalis III, IV has been doing that with their ever expanding 'Comet sighted' event) - but in the currently fairly tense and critical situation of lack of trust in the devs, it wasn't smart to joke about that.
Instructor
#10718 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
What are they adding to the game that requires (HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games) that much space?
According to the specs, I could play this game on my old Dell Dimension from 2002. If it was working.

That does sound weird. Someone said the size difference (TS3 5 gb vs TS4 9 gb) was because of more content...
I think the reason is the way TS3 and TS4 handle textures. TS3 used create-a-style as a way to make more textures. Even base game textures used in houses and on sims clothing were generated from create-a-syle right? So fewer separate original textures had to be stored in the actual game files. The downside is that when we pan the camera around in the game sometimes you would see grey blobs where create-a-style was sluggish in applying textures to objects. In TS4, since create-a-style is gone all textures I'm guessing are stored in the game files, not assembled from original pieces of texture like with create-a-style. TS4's got more original textures. Maybe higher resolution textures too, even though they're stylized.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10719 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monsterfurby
We're taking the "show, don't tell"/story writing comparison a bit far, aren't we?

The point is not that the renames were bad per se, it's just that they were basically just there as a one-off joke, an easter egg. Claiming an easter egg to be a desired feature *can* work (Europa Universalis III, IV has been doing that with their ever expanding 'Comet sighted' event) - but in the currently fairly tense and critical situation of lack of trust in the devs, it wasn't smart to joke about that.

I disagree - they were an example of poor story-telling in TS3 and an example of poor story-telling now.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#10720 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:28 PM
More textures? The quality of them sure looks pretty lacking, I mean for starters, dat grass... And dem custard-pizza textures... Or the fact that nothing has actual textures anymore, just smooth colored surface...
The file sizes of textures could fill up that amount of space if they were detailed, high-res and good quality. But what we're seeing aren't exactly that, unless every item would have like over 10 recolors it could take that space.
Mad Poster
#10721 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:29 PM
I said this many posts ago and the more SGGrant post tweets I still believe this is the best they can do. The excuses really make me wonder if the Creators of Sims 2 were a really talented bunch that was let go and working on better projects, at different game companies. Because Sims 4 leaves too much to be desired and much less quality than Sims 2. I am not even talking about world aesthetics, but they can animate curtains, impossible to animate hair or can't fix the repo man but can go with power/water cut off. I am not listening/reading to anymore excuses because what we are getting pushed at us is a lackadaisical series, that the modding community can hook it up and either complete or make better using EA's code. Then expect the simming community to pay full price. How are we suppose to be impressed with that?

I am more impressed with the modding community and may revisit the thought of buying once they get hold of the game and work their magic. Not even going to pay on release of full price, EA don't deserve it in my opinion. SMH

EDITED to respond:
Quote: Originally posted by monsterfurby

Not when the text is actually replacing some useful animations that can't be that time consuming or expensive to create. Could have kept the animated curtains out and added a few extra animations to a trait-based shower, nap, etc. That is my feelings on the subject, doesn't really matter because it's the same crap on rinse and repeat.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Banned
#10722 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:37 PM
sims 4 creators be like:
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10723 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Not when the text is actually replacing some useful animations that can't be that time consuming or expensive to create. Could have kept the animated curtains out and added a few extra animations to a trait-based shower, nap, etc. That is my feelings on the subject, doesn't really matter because it's the same crap on rinse and repeat.

Better still, an evil nap should actually cause or facilitate evil, either by re-energising the sim's evil powers or by having her dream about nasty things happening that really do happen in story progression. What's the point in the game referencing evil if it really means just pulling nasty faces? If they don't want nasty stuff in the game why bother to bring the idea of evil into it at all?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#10724 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyberraga
9GB?

OF WHAT?!?! They took out practically everything except EMOTIONS, Bro-<insert whatever>, closed worlds, no RH's, no cars/taxis, no toddlers, no pools, no repoman.... TS2 UC is about 12 GB will all EP's and SP's, Can't remember what TS3 is with all EP's & SP's. Hell my TS3 game with 6 EP's and a kajillion tons of CC is 13GB.

Oh wait... I'm not buying this game. OK.. carry on...
~~goes back to playing The Sims 3 and The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#10725 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Better still, an evil nap should actually cause or facilitate evil, either by re-energising the sim's evil powers or by having her dream about nasty things happening that really do happen in story progression. What's the point in the game referencing evil if it really means just pulling nasty faces? If they don't want nasty stuff in the game why bother to bring the idea of evil into it at all?

Yep! Also would it be hard to add some angry or evil grins while the evil sim sleeps or take a shower? Those animations are in the game, would have been useful and if you are a player like me, I look at all sim animations for something different or special. That is part of the entertainment for me. I don't tell stories but can't imagine how things are now, what animations do the storytelling community use to make a point in their saga, make it unique? I don't see it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Locked thread
Page 429 of 920