Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#10776 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:13 AM
ETA, re: the who actually kills their sims conversation, I haven't in a looooong time. I think only a few times in Sims 1.
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
Edit: Yeah Yeah I know disagree but it's so true!
The only thing inherently true about what you said is that it was your opinion. Not my opinion, and not at least 45 other MTSer's opinions. We value toddlers to varying degrees; obviously you and I are at opposite ends of the continuum. If you don't like toddlers, at least you had the option of birthday-caking them away. Now, none of us have anything.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#10777 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:28 AM
Do we need to pour salt all over this forum to keep Tuber101 away?
Lab Assistant
#10778 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wedry

Mad Poster
#10779 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wedry

Of course, until the line is crossed or a mod is pissed off, no one will, or should be banned.

Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
Your failure to comply with the groupthink displeases Us. Please report to a re-education center immediately.

But this contributes nothing to the discussion and is 100% snark.
Top Secret Researcher
#10780 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:46 AM Last edited by Tuney : 26th Jul 2014 at 8:19 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat

Also wanna throw out that I love the fan art of the toddler. Makes my heart hurt that we won't get to see such cute little critters.

Thank you- I do love the young'uns.

About Ryan's comment, it wasn't so much about killing your sims. He said make yourself and your family as sims and then kill them off. Usually I don't comment on how someone else plays. This killing off of your self sim and family sims just struck me as... well, not my play style, and not the average players thing either.

EDIT: for clarity
Mad Poster
#10781 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuney
Thank you- I do love the little buggers.

About Ryan's comment, it wasn't so much about killing your sims. He said make yourself and your family as sims and then kill them off. Usually I don't comment on how someone else plays. This killing off of your self sim and family sims just struck me as... well, not my play style anyway. Where is EAxis getting their feedback?

It strikes me as sick, to be honest. It sickened me to hear it. I had no idea that he said such a thing, but that's probably because I tune him out.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#10782 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 6:57 AM
The killing sims thing is so old, too. It's mentioned so often as if that's all we do and our only fascination with the game. I don't even remember the last time someone said they killed their sim just for the hell of it. I'm sure it happens, but it's not enough of a "thing" for them to use for gimmicky marketing.

And yeah, Ryan's comment about being taken by surprise....bullfuckingshit, unless he and everyone else there is that completely ignorant of their players.
Forum Resident
#10783 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:05 AM
@queziacristina -- Great job on that Joker sim. To be honest, he's kinda creeping me out!

And I agree 100% about the different lip colors that we need. Why do you guys think it is that they neglected makeup options for the men? Do they think that people don't use it, or what? I'd be willing to chalk it up to the same reasons they've been leaving out a lot of other items/features, but it just seems weird to me. They went out of their way to make punky and gothy sims possible, but the guys don't get any makeup? Seems like the makeup would have really fit with their "Weirder stories" motif, doesn't it?
Instructor
#10784 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:14 AM
Perhaps makeup isn't "Bro" enough for EA?
Field Researcher
#10785 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
You're right to an extent, but every post has around three and a half cups of snark dumped into it. I like snarkiness, but snarkiness mixed together with condescension is a automatic no-go for me- it exacerbates disagreements instead of smoothing them out. There are always better ways of showing people that they're wrong. Trying to argue with them usually solidifies their opinion instead of convincing them of their error.

Unlike the middle ground she advocates for, there is no middle ground for her posts- it's always got to be an takedown of someone else's post that she disagrees with or no comment at all.

Some posts deserve taking down - unequivocally and without ambiguity. But you are highly exaggerating the ratio of times when I've been forced to lay down the smack to my more pleasant and airy posts. Possibly because negativity and angst sells here more than, say, "Wow, your Sim looks great, you have an eye for it." I'm a peach, honest.

I'm not particularly bothered by the continued discussion of the perception of my trolling level, but as far as I'm aware the staff has been alerted to my so-called trolling and come to their decisions on more than one occasion already. What is the point of rehashing it ad nauseum, particularly in this thread which is supposed to be discussion about things we've seen/heard/read about in TS4? If you'd like to excoriate me for being strident, I'm willing to discuss it but not in this thread. It's utterly counterproductive when the thread's stated purpose is for information relating to The Sims 4. Feel free to PM me, though. I don't bite.

And just so I'm not a complete hypocrite, here is some information I heard about The Sims 4 but haven't seen discussed here (and perhaps I missed it in the melee): apparently there's going to be furniture crafting whose skill is tied to handiness? This according to gameranx so please take with one quarter cup of salt. Also, this which I have no idea what it means: "Finally, Guru Sarah shared an extra tidbit regarding Map View. You can see only one world map at a time, but you can move between maps, without using Map View, with a single button for each world. If you opt to switch worlds this way, there will be no loading."

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...d-more-details/
Banned
#10786 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:57 AM Last edited by cyberraga : 26th Jul 2014 at 8:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Anyway, I made a Joker inspired in his many cartoon incarnations, guess his lifetime wish? Marry Batman

Now I have this ship stuck in my head, hermana. Make it stoooooop

edit: too late, I'm already drowning in sin
Lab Assistant
#10787 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 7:58 AM
[...] particularly in this thread which is supposed to be discussion about things we've seen/heard/read about in TS4? [...]

Your failure to comply with the groupthink displeases Us. Please report to a re-education center immediately.

Physician, heal thyself
Field Researcher
#10788 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:08 AM
If the furniture building doesn't allow you to make items you can't already get in the store, I'll be pretty nonplussed.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10789 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:16 AM
The difference as I see it between Tuber and OriginalSim is while both their posts have/had a tendency to be snarky, Tuber's are more subtle and stop short of actually being abusive, while OriginalSim was actually being defamatory and personally abusive to individuals in some of his posts. So while I can see that both posters might be equally likeable, one was breaking forum rules and moderator directives, while the other is not - hence one gets banned while the other does not.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#10790 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:16 AM
apparently there's going to be furniture crafting whose skill is tied to handiness? This according to gameranx so please take with one quarter cup of salt.

These articles from Gameranx come from info from Twitter messages from Simgurus. They're doing this for several weeks now. Though I suspect they just copy it from Simsvip.
#10791 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:20 AM
To be fair, the thread is titled "things I have heard and seen and read about TS4" or sometihing like that, so it's kind of on-topic to post here something you've read at SimsVIP or anywhere else.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#10792 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
The difference as I see it between Tuber and OriginalSim is while both their posts have/had a tendency to be snarky, Tuber's are more subtle and stop short of actually being abusive, while OriginalSim was actually being defamatory and personally abusive to individuals in some of his posts. So while I can see that both posters might be equally likeable, one was breaking forum rules and moderator directives, while the other is not - hence one gets banned while the other does not.

And one somehow got the idea that they're a moderator.
#10793 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
And one thinks they're a moderator.

Well whatever, I am aware that a lot of people liked OriginalSim and found her posts entertaining, and so did I with a few exceptions. But I don't think loyalty to OriginalSim should express itself in ganging up on a fellow user who apparently has every right to be here, whether you like them or not

Lab Assistant
#10794 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:30 AM
So, in TS4 moms won`t be able to give birth in hospitals, like in TS3. It was very realistic and awesome. And now, let`s say, if waters brake, moms would give births on a street? I`ll surely miss realism on that one... ;(
Forum Resident
#10795 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:31 AM
Now that the Demo has kind of settled in, they totally misuse poor Freezer Bunny for distraction :/
Top Secret Researcher
#10796 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:33 AM
Why would Ryan use "you can kill your family without the consequences!" as a marketing tool?

Offing fictional characters is one thing. Spending the time to create the ones you see all the time and probably love you then killing them is creepy.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10797 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:35 AM
Moderator Thing, Read This:

If you have a problem with a user, put them on ignore, or just don't read/respond to their posts. If you think their posts violate the rules, click the report button on their post and then don't reply to them. People are banned and unbanned at moderator discretion, after moderator discussion, and not at popular request. This is a TS4 discussion thread - not why is X banned/why is Y not banned thread, and further posts calling people out, accusing them of trolling, or otherwise flailing in that direction will be removed.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#10798 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:47 AM
This is new for Curtis - Curtis Paradis not impressed with loading screens. Surprised he said that.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ...lWoFlb8R9aP-J1A
Lab Assistant
#10799 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:55 AM
On the topic of Ryan being like "KILL YOUR FAMILY." I think he's just trying to appeal to 'bros.'

While I've honestly been in the group saying the bro trait isn't a bad thing due to the fact I don't mind diversity, I truly do think that was an attempt to appeal to the younger audience. Moreso the 'IT'S SO FUNNY TO KILL MY SIMS LOL' audience, if you guys know what I mean. Every sims game gets it, some do it in funnier ways , but every sims game has that group.
Forum Resident
#10800 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
This is new for Curtis - Curtis Paradis not impressed with loading screens. Surprised he said that.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ...lWoFlb8R9aP-J1A

Yeah, but I'm kind of surprised, that he's not really up-to-date, with how the "semi-open-world" works. It's not loading between neighbourhoods, it's loading for every single lot you want to visit.
Locked thread
Page 432 of 920