Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#11001 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by luasims
Part of me is hoping that it doesn't get delayed and then ends up being a huge flop in September.

What's a three month delay going to do, anyway? Like Tuber said, it won't change much. Only a 3-4 year delay is going to get us what we want.

Agree..... a Band-Aid is always going to be just a bloody Band-Aid and three months is only going to allow some glitter to be thrown at a mess.

They know 'don't buy the base game there nothing more coming out of that pocket'

I put WAY too much money into TS3 trying to get the game to where I wanted it so it felt like it was worth the money but it never happened.

Nah! not gonna be sucked in this time....

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...LtVsDZvQ5MdMqqg
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11002 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim
Just an FYI, the toddler and pool petition on change.org is now up to over 20,000 signatures.
\

Direct democracy...

Do people really take Change.org petitions seriously anymore? I thought all that stuff went out the window a few years back.

The only way you'll get EA to change is to hit them where it hurts - the bank - but you'll have to convince a lot more than 20,000 people not to buy the game to even make a dent. And even then - meh, probably not. EA has a certain culture: not, I would say, to make bad games, but to make games that appeal to the broadest possible spectrum - someone with less tact than I might say 'appeal to the lowest common denominator' - and unfortunately that means that features which longtime fans expect might not be at the top of the priority list. The Sims' fate was sealed when EA bought Maxis and even a massive full-scale boycott won't fix it.

It won't work because even people like me. who don't like the direction the game is going but aren't completely rabid in our hatred of EA, will still buy it, will still play it, and will still enjoy it even if it's not perfect because we know that's just life.
Top Secret Researcher
#11003 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuney
I completely agree with you. The train wreck that EAxis has turned the sims 4 into is infuriating. My comment was about the development team being thrown in the ocean with their hands tied behind their backs, and told to swim for shore. They did what they did and we all have to live with it. I would rather have toddlers than returning premades-of course!

They toss us a bone, returning families, but they half ass it and get names and back stories wrong. It was a chance to do a teeny tiny bit right, and they couldn't be bothered. It seems even the development team has given up on the game, and it is very sad. So I join you in saying "screw you EA and thanks for ruining T$4 and not giving a single f@ck".

I am sorry, I really was going off on EA, my ire wasn't directed at you personally. I've had a bottle of wine tonight and may be prone to some additional histrionics, lol I guess everything is a slap in the face, at this point, and their blog post did nothing to help. As you said originally, they couldn't even be troubled to look at the wiki.

I wonder if they will even bother to give Johnny Zest negative relationships with his parents, based on their backstory for him.
Test Subject
#11004 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by medusa warrior

Plot twist: Hes actually talking about his life or the sims 4 maybe?

That's kind of how I feel whenever I look for more news about TS4.
Mad Poster
#11005 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:46 AM
https://twitter.com/SimKuree/status/493257512456826880

Keyi Zhang
‏@SimKuree
A new s4pe release! Let the modding begin! Animation? Rexture? No problem! https://github.com/Sims4Group/Sims4Tools/releases
@SimsVIP @SimFans @TheSimCommunity

This may be the saving grace for Sims 4, Kuree getting a tool out this soon and the CC community wanting to mod the heck out of it. Where's the modders props EA? SMH

OK, this is messed up, fuck you EA! This is links to voiceovers for toddlers.
https://twitter.com/simsdomination/...282348709203968

SimsDomination
‏@SimsDomination
#TheSims4 -
Toddler: http://vocaroo.com/i/s1t6WPB5SCGX http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VYEsEo5Sph http://vocaroo.com/i/s1zsV9sfC452 http://vocaroo.com/i/s0awrC8kNlcW
http://vocaroo.com/i/s07NobBUJ5Tx

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#11006 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:51 AM

Just shows how they left out toddlers so they could sell them in an EP...
This is why EA SUCKS
Mad Poster
#11007 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:00 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 27th Jul 2014 at 9:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
Just shows how they left out toddlers so they could sell them in an EP.
This is why EA sucks donkeyballs

I am going to see how EA will actually handle adding toddlers before I get too upset. This can be viewed in 2 ways and one of them is the way you see it. Another is they actually told the truth of intending to put them in the game but ran out of time, so if they are adding them soon for free in a patch [because the game engine is so fabulous and SMART ] or make the fans wait a year for the addition and put them in EP3 or 4?

Which also brings me to my biggest fear with this whole mess, will the addition make toddlers an object or another sim? Will there only be 3 interactions and the rest come from DLC? Will there be game continuity or will it be a disconnected mess? Only time will tell.

EDIT: Just thought of something, how did the links get out? Was it suppose to calm the masses cause it worked a bit on me. Just a little bit.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11008 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:17 AM
Tell you what's already beginning to irritate me with these TS4 simmies - the way in over half their expressions they have one eyebrow raised. In real life I am sure over half of everyone can't raise their eyebrows seperately at all, and those who can usually only do it occasionally and accompanying one or two facial expressions. It will become as homogenising as the distinct nose/brow arch of the TS2 sims, and the pudding underchins of TS3 sims.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#11009 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
It won't work because even people like me. who don't like the direction the game is going but aren't completely rabid in our hatred of EA, will still buy it, will still play it, and will still enjoy it even if it's not perfect because we know that's just life.

Well, then, you are weak. I know for sure that I won't be buying it. I might get it from SOMEWHERE like borrowing from my friend ( :google: ), just to try it out, but won't give EA a single penny.
Lab Assistant
#11010 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
I still wonder if my sim died of sadness/killed himself somehow in TS3. I had this couple with a girl and a baby boy. So I got them divorced and all the drama you can imagine(cheating, fighting, crying etc*) so I sent the ex husband away w/their daughter and wife kept their baby. One week after I found out he had died and I couldn't find or visit my sims's daughter anymore. This sim had just become an adult, so no way he could've died of old age. I remember some of his traits were: insane, loner and shy.
I spent many "sims days" trying to find my sims's daughter literally visiting all apartments in that city. I'm such a noob, so I didn't know how to do it quicker...but in the end it kinda made it all more realistic. Eventually I found her at an ap with some random family(I was playing at Bridgeport) and added her back to my household with some cheat.
I still don't know what happened to my sim, it was just like he commited suicide and someone found the girl and adopted her. Maybe he drowned to death, or set his house on fire or got electrocuted on purpose, I'll never know. Wait...I'm not really sure, but I guess I found out about his death on newspaper, perhaps he starved to death, I don't really remember exactly, it was so long ago... unexpected and sad.

*My sim was hosting a party and he had a wish to convince his wife to kiss someone else. I did it and she agreed to kiss someone and he got mad. She just did it to please him and got pissed at his attitude. And that's how their marriage fell apart. I guess he wanted her to say no to his crazy ideas, after all.

That`s some good peace of good gameplay. 2/3 of sims gameplay hides in your imagination. And TS3 allowes that with it`s implemented features. However, it could be expanded and done much better, but in TS4, no matter how good your imagination would be, you simplly wouldn`t be able to do that due to a lack of features.
I love exploaring in TS3 and doing normal family stuff. Once I made my family (husband, wife and two kids) to visit a beach. They all sat down and had a picnic. After that wife lied on a towel to get tan while doughter started playing with sand, son - swimming and surfing in the ocean and my main character started using a drill to look for gems. Then son wondered somhere far away and when I asked him to return, he broght a nice seashell with him. Then I made my whole family to get wild in water. I played in Bridgeport. And there were a bunch of other sims doing their stuff on that beach. Then I returned home with a car and had my sims eating supper TOGETHER. Simple. But realistic. I don`t think we could do this in TS4...
Again, sorry, eng is not my native language. And, by the way... I am 23 yer old GUY. And I know some other guys who enjoy sims3.
Mad Poster
#11011 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Tell you what's already beginning to irritate me with these TS4 simmies - the way in over half their expressions they have one eyebrow raised. In real life I am sure over half of everyone can't raise their eyebrows seperately at all, and those who can usually only do it occasionally and accompanying one or two facial expressions. It will become as homogenising as the distinct nose/brow arch of the TS2 sims, and the pudding underchins of TS3 sims.

Ooo, me too! It messes up the look for pictures and I worry will that carry over in the game? I haven't figured out no amount of tweaking the brow or eyes to make them look different. Geesh!

Monsoon, I feel ya. I do think that EA may get a little help with the mods/CC coming out, even if it's just for CAS. Some people don't really play the interactions but love to pose, create and dress sims as do people like to mess with build tools and create a fabulous home but just to test in live mode, not play.

In my defiance I am not buying with the release, and not until the disc is at a retail store's bargain table. Not ever buying from Origin/EA.

Edited to fix spelling.

Test Subject
#11012 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Well, there's dysphoric mood and then there's depression. A depressive episode has to last for two weeks to be diagnosable. Depression isn't just a sad mood either, just having sad mood won't get you diagnosed. You need to have changes in motivation, energy, interest, sleep/appetite, attention, etc.

And yeah, I think a more realistic depiction would have the Sim refusing to paint because they're depressed, or paintng doesn't bring up their "Fun" meter, or something. Not this "mental illness = creativity" stereotype.

Actually, at least, from my experience, feeling sad and depressed (not because of mental issues), having bad memories can sometimes spark creativity. I have to thank some bad things in my past and my melancholy because of them for some poems and short stories I've written. I just had to get those things out of my chest, so I was writing. And then there's clinical depression that's completely different thing. It makes one extremely miserable and then numb and then miserable again, and one just feels two weak to create anything. There's no way to help it with creating art, one has to go to doctors and buy super expensive pills with shit-ton of side effects. If anything, it makes people lose their creative potential. I've had "block" with writing for more than a year thanks to clinical depression.
So, the point is: it would seem logical to me, if certain sims would have will to create something when they're sad. Not every single sim, but sims with certain traits. Like "moody" and "creative" sims, for example. But when their sadness would grow stronger and go into "depression" zone, they wouldn't want to create and, probably, would stop automatic attending to their needs to some extent (to reflect extreme degree of sadness, not mental illness). It's possible to recreate it without getting too realistic and morbid. At least, it would be possible in life simulation game that would mix "true to life" and "funny" elements in harmonious proportions. The Sims 4, as they advertise it, is not such game, anyway.
Sorry to interrupt relevant discussion, back to lurking now.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11013 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
They probably know they have a huge female playerbase and want to attract more players of the opposite gender with all this "bro" garbage. It clearly isn't working too well though. What has happened to EA.

They've driven me right out. If they're putting in bros and bringing up the GIANT PLATTER OF GRADE-A BULLSHIT that is the fucking term FRIENDZONE.... Absolutely disgusting.

Actually, I'll just say it right now: EA, you are not getting one cent of my money for TS4. I will not buy the game, EPs, SPs, whatever GPs are, store stuff... none of it. You wanted to appeal to male gamers... well, congrats, you've completely alienated this female one. I will not support this giant pile that is TS4. I guess you'll just have to rely on all the bros who want to sculpt boobs and die of laughter in piss puddles to fund this nonsense.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#11014 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 10:49 AM Last edited by egg1e : 27th Jul 2014 at 10:51 AM. Reason: hopefully better wording
Ok, as a guy, I'm also put off by the "bro-motion" of TS4. Something about it just screams "beta male" - trying hard to be a manly-man game. It never was in the first place, nor I see it as a girly-girl game. It's just playing God/Architect for me, or sometimes a sociologist. But I do get sometimes you become so immersed in the sim itself, as if playing as another character aka an RPG.

For me, what really lacks in the series is macromanagement (except for TS3 with Twallan's MasterController and StoryProgression)

Somewhere, some sim has found out that there is a shining green diamond hovering above...
just a girl
#11015 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:10 AM

I can raise my eyebrows separately. Also I can move my ears. And I know it irritates most of those who can't
(sorry for off-topic, I felt I should defend the minority of "eyebrow raisers" :D)
Field Researcher
#11016 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsTias
Just shows how they left out toddlers so they could sell them in an EP...
This is why EA SUCKS

Could be. But could also another reason entirely. I think at the beginning of the year, it was said that all lifestages would be in the game. They wouldn't say that unless they were working on toddlers, too (or I'm just naive).
I think, the toddler lifestage is half or 3/4 finished. It doesn't surpise me that there are toddler voices already.
Field Researcher
#11017 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:46 AM
This new direction of attracting new male gamers ain't going to do shit anyway - they'll see the saccharine tone of the game and be instantly turned off.
Mad Poster
#11018 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:51 AM
Below is a sreenshot from s4pe which shows one of these DATA files in the CaS Demo files. This is one of the Trait files, and there are similar files for the other ages, trait_child, trait_adult etc.

It is a complete file, just as complete as the others, anyway. So it is proof that they have been working on toddlers.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#11019 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:55 AM
"No time" my ass.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11020 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IfICannotLove
"No time" my ass.

Well look, you don't want cash burning a hole in your pocket when you could be spending it on an EP, do you?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#11021 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:06 PM
I think they are targeting at kids and pre-teens rather than just males.

I doubt they would have males in mind with the game looking like that. I mean, I am an adult male who loved the first games for a number of reason. I am here already because of the series' history, so I consider myself a long time fan. And lemme tell you, I would be embarassed to be seen playing this:

So if they are trying to get more males on board, someone should send a memo to the art team, because they are an absolutely fail. Which seems to be the direction they are heading towards anyway.

BTW - About the files for toddlers in the code - this shit need to spread. Alexis honey, we all love you and trust you to do the job, you might be the only huge fansite who have the guts to publish that.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#11022 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:08 PM
Tell you what's already beginning to irritate me with these TS4 simmies - the way in over half their expressions they have one eyebrow raised.

It's a annoying trope from kids animation films...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11023 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StopUsingMyUsername
This new direction of attracting new male gamers ain't going to do shit anyway - they'll see the saccharine tone of the game and be instantly turned off.
Exactly my thoughts. It already embarrasses me when I imagine myself getting "caught" playing TS4 by someone who enters the room. The art style does not really support the idea of this game being directed towards a male audience.
Mad Poster
#11024 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:14 PM
I'm a one eye brow raiser, but not at will. I've had people try to provoke me until it happens for their own amusement. I am a tormented soul...

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#11025 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Exactly my thoughts. It already embarrasses me when I imagine myself getting "caught" playing TS4 by someone who enters the room. The art style does not really support the idea of this game being directed towards a male audience.

You'll have to quickly switch back to porn or something when someone walks in.
"Nothing to see here! Nope! Not playing a game that looks like it's targeted at Toddlers. Nope! Just me and some good ol' boobies!"

Alternatively you can switch back to something less drastic - i.e. a game actually deserving of the $80 price tag.
Locked thread
Page 441 of 920