Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#3301 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:04 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 26th Feb 2015 at 9:07 PM. Reason: avoid double post
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Is this a place where we can complain about toddlers and CaSt?
okay, here goes:
._. I still miss toddlers and CaSt.
[/vent]

Welcome! You finally found the thread of reason in this forum.

Amazing how much they left out and folks still try to cut them a break, isn't it?

Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Warning: Offensive/Strong Language (Truly. I'm not just saying that.)

If you think that's strong language, you've never hung around my house at meal time. And that's just when it's me and my dog.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3302 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:05 PM
On my way to Honeywell's blog!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#3303 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
Well, shoot. I should have just left it then. Maybe a mod will restore it.
Theorist
#3304 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Animator606432
At least he only showed up during a party which you expect a lot of sims. Unlike the psycho stalker neighbors in sims 4 who just show up when the fuck ever.

I seriously feel like Bella Swan from Twilight in that despite being the most boring person, with a personality as stale as month old rice cakes, everyone wants to be my best friend for some reason. Its so bizarre.

Speaking of psycho stalker neighbors in TS4, here is a thread on the official forum that is just hilarious, IMO. It highlights those super duper emotions! Here Comes Mr. Sausages!

So funny, and yet so sad at the same time. Truly makes me feel embarrassed for the Sims Team.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#3305 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Speaking of psycho stalker neighbors in TS4, here is a thread on the official forum that is just hilarious, IMO. It highlights those super duper emotions! Here Comes Mr. Sausages!

So funny, and yet so sad at the same time. Truly makes me feel embarrassed for the Sims Team.

We're actually discussing this in a "normal" thread on MTS for once. I'm pretty surprised no mod came in to call this "bitching" as of yet.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3307 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
We're actually discussing this in a "normal" thread on MTS for once. I'm pretty surprised no mod came in to call this "bitching" as of yet.

Not to worry. I'm sure once the mod wakes up from their nap they'll just dump all 3 pages of that thread into this one.
Theorist
#3308 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind

Haha! I see the thread now, my bad for not checking there - but how was I to know that it would be allowed as a 'normal' thread in this forum? LOL

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#3309 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 10:00 PM
I always feel so naughty when I talk in normal threads now. I feel like I am going to get in trouble in any moment.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#3311 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 4:41 AM Last edited by hippiebones : 27th Feb 2015 at 6:39 AM.
I'm doing an LP of this game and i'm having so much trouble finding fun things to do to put on camera.
There aren't many fun places to go... The non-art museum especially is so boring.
Sims aren't having any fun interactions and basically if i'm not dating or forcing extreme emotions, I'm having a hard time making these videos interesting.
Especially considering I'm not trying to lie about anything in the game like I've spotted some simmers doing.
Instructor
#3312 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:21 AM
I know that they used the "Weirder Stories" tagline early on after TS4's release, but has there ever been a time where a SimGunot explained an unusual behavior in the game, i.e. the high breakage rates of electronics and plumbing, sims not reacting to event such as fire/death/cheating, as either the game or the sims themselves being "Weird"? Like say, the electronics and plumbing a lot because they're weird, or the old bill bug where when your plumbing and electricity get shut off, it prevents you from using any of those on community lots as well because "It's Weird"? On one hand, I'm thankful that I haven't heard that excuse yet, but it feels like that they probably used the "Weird" excuse as a cop out to improper behavior in TS4.
Lab Assistant
#3313 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 6:42 AM
When I heard "weirder stories" I imagined sims 2 wackiness as opposed to sims 3 realism. Instead, the only weird aspect seems to be the emotionless, robotic sims. Weirder stories! Your sim kids don't care when their parents die and are not at all concerned by their ghosts! Weirder stories! Your neighbors are all stalkers but don't actually seem to like you that much. Weirder stories! The weirdest family in the game, the Goths, no longer has an actual family history!
Lab Assistant
#3314 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones
I'm doing an LP of this game and i'm having so much trouble finding fun things to do to put on camera.
There aren't many fun places to go... The non-art museum especially is so boring.
Sims aren't having any fun interactions and basically if i'm not dating or forcing extreme emotions, I'm having a hard time making these videos interesting.
Especially considering I'm not trying to lie about anything in the game like I've spotted some simmers doing.

Maybe try some Mods in the game to mix it up a bit? That's the best i can think of. But this seriously shows how lacking the game is in content, you can't even make a decent LP out of it.

Im watching these to LPers play the awful piece of shite game Sonic 06 and even they have more to do then in camparison to the Sims 4.
Lab Assistant
#3315 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:36 AM
Also thought of another issue i have with the crazy ass neighbors in the Sims 4. I will often have my sims jogg through the neighborhood as a way to break up the constant routine of working out. When I do this I notice most all my neighbors are outside wondering aimlessly through the hood. But they aren't doing anything. Mostly they're just standing around and looking really bored. A few of them jog but most aren't. It makes everything feel so artificial because these don't feel like real Sims, like in 3 and 2.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#3316 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 3:03 PM
Why is it that the most beleivable sim in that post is a mean, farting prankster in a hot dog costume?? And those creepy Stepford Wives-smiles! This is what they mean by "smarter sims"????
Lab Assistant
#3317 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Why is it that the most beleivable sim in that post is a mean, farting prankster in a hot dog costume?? And those creepy Stepford Wives-smiles! This is what they mean by "smarter sims"????

I remember that those 21 hours from my origin time were more like that. A Girl flirting with both the boyfriend and girlfriend caused no drama, no rivalry no anything, forced her to fumigate the entire house and still nothing... in the end i was wishing to play sim city societies instead. Sims there were way more smarter than the ones in sims 4. Plus the interface also screams SOCIETIES... still SCS was more fun than that, so i reinstalled that piece of crap and enjoyed an interesting 30 minutes after 21 hours or so of sims 4, then i uninstalled SCS and reinstalled Black and White 2 to enjoy other 2 hours of "insert buildings to win" fun with a controlable monster pet droid.
Test Subject
#3318 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones

Why not try doing an LP like the Mr. Sausage "no reactions" picture story. Just make a ridiculous Sim, and try to get reactions and have a commentary of the reaction, or lack thereof. I'd like to see some LPs where you first have a divorce happen when the kids aren't in the room so there's no reaction -- then maybe a comment of, "Woops, let's try something else," -- reload and show the kids in the room, one watching and one not and see the reactions.

If it's done in a light way, it could be very funny and entertaining.
Lab Assistant
#3319 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ejoslin
Why not try doing an LP like the Mr. Sausage "no reactions" picture story. Just make a ridiculous Sim, and try to get reactions and have a commentary of the reaction, or lack thereof. I'd like to see some LPs where you first have a divorce happen when the kids aren't in the room so there's no reaction -- then maybe a comment of, "Woops, let's try something else," -- reload and show the kids in the room, one watching and one not and see the reactions.

If it's done in a light way, it could be very funny and entertaining.

That's actually a fairly solid idea! Thanks~
Scholar
#3320 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 10:20 PM
Oh, Mr Sausage - he has my attention too. Laughed my socks off. Or the top of my head. Whichever suits the situation better.

I still can't decide.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#3321 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:40 AM
I just spent a few minutes on the new web-based gallery looking up some of my favorite builders in TS3 to see their creations in TS4. Plus I also looked up some new-to-me artists that were recommended for maxi faves in that thread in General.

Anyway, do most of the builders just build for show in TS4? Some of the lots seemed normal enough, but way too many Starters (I hate 1 BR homes because I get bored playing just one sim), and there are way too many lots that don't seem to have much functionality at all, as if they were just built 'for show'. It depressed me all over again. I used to love downloading cool lots in TS3 made by some of these people. Maybe I am just feeling down in general today, but I saw nothing that I wanted to download.

Not to mention that I would have to bulldoze whatever is already built on the lot they used for their homes and clubs. I just saw nothing that stood out to me that would make that worthwhile. (sigh)

Laura's Legacy
Instructor
#3322 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I just spent a few minutes on the new web-based gallery looking up some of my favorite builders in TS3 to see their creations in TS4. Plus I also looked up some new-to-me artists that were recommended for maxi faves in that thread in General.

Anyway, do most of the builders just build for show in TS4? Some of the lots seemed normal enough, but way too many Starters (I hate 1 BR homes because I get bored playing just one sim), and there are way too many lots that don't seem to have much functionality at all, as if they were just built 'for show'. It depressed me all over again. I used to love downloading cool lots in TS3 made by some of these people. Maybe I am just feeling down in general today, but I saw nothing that I wanted to download.

Not to mention that I would have to bulldoze whatever is already built on the lot they used for their homes and clubs. I just saw nothing that stood out to me that would make that worthwhile. (sigh)

Yep, lots of good starters...and yes it's dissapointing to see many interesting lots that are not functional at all...but I don't see them as just "for show" but more like a way to express criativity and somehow these lots points out things we need in build mode to make them work. I've seen stuff I even enjoy but would never use in game as they are over the top, enourmous, expensive, etc
There's a lot called "Bad Mojo's Luxury Hotel" by cyberkawlin, it looks amazing outside but inside rooms are huge and it doesn't really work especially not having a way to lock doors. There's a lounge, "Rock the microphone" by fpemca that I love 'cause it's well designed and simple....sometimes people add too many items that would be impossible to 20 sims use or these rooms with "fake" levels, looks awesome but there's no way to use them.
I remember a nightclub I downloaded that had lots of PCs at the entrance(as it were for receptionist i guess) but sims would stay more there using those PCs than dancing upstairs...let's face it 20 sims can barely fill a dancefloor and with lots of distractions in the way it's totally impossible to maintain the slightest illusion of it. People usually add too many bars and tables that will be forever empty.

There's also the fact that many good creations don't fit Oasis Spring and Willow Creek theme at all. And I hate that sometimes I see people uploading someone else's creation without editing anything and removing original creator credit.

I really like Thurid666 creations, usually starters but sometimes he/she adapts them for bigger families.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Theorist
#3323 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 3:40 AM
If they are not functional in the game, then to me, they are 'just for show'; meaning that they might showcase a builder's creativity, but if I can't use it in game I just don't see the point. I know I would run into a lot or two that fit that description in TS3, but for the most part I was actually able to use the lots I downloaded in the game. This just depresses me and makes me wonder why builders even bother with this game.

Laura's Legacy
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3324 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:21 AM
You can't do much creatively with the building in TS4. Most of the really clever and inspiring stuff in ts2 and ts3 made use of terrain sculpting and CFE. Everything in TS4 is dumb-dumb-dumb-dumbed-down

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#3325 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:59 PM
I don't like how the background to the menus are all white. In build.buy mode, it's very difficult to see the sliders for the stair, and foundations.
Locked thread
Page 133 of 223