Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#14901 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
To test us.

To see how less we are willing to pay for. To see how less they have to work. To see how less they can add and more they can charge separately for. To see how more they can leave up to the modders (the reason behind there being more support for them in TS4).

Why work when you don't have to? It's basic I/O psychology.

That's foolish. Don't they know that enough disgruntled players will either a) stop buying or b) get is by other means

By testing us, they're going to end up screwing themselves over and die as a company. You can't treat your customers badly. If they choose to be bad to the customers, then the customers will be bad right back. Sure, they'll get more revenue for a while, but it's like a bubble: it'll keep inflating until it pops. And then the company goes down and the customers who stayed loyal have nowhere to go. Is EA foreseeing there demise and committing corporate suicide?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#14902 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
I remember when they first were talking about multitasking and I was really excited about how maybe they'd be able to do things while holding their babies now instead of having to put them on the floor.

It's sad because it's true. I remember reading a lot of you all getting excited about this very feature. "Now I can hold my baby and talk on the phone, watch tv or cook or socialize. Baby holding parties!!!"

It's mind boggling that you could carry your baby before and now NOPE especially with the new multi tasking feature. Wuh duh fuh
Test Subject
#14903 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miss Puff
I remember when they first were talking about multitasking and I was really excited about how maybe they'd be able to do things while holding their babies now instead of having to put them on the floor.

I was excited for that too, I thought that maybe I'd finally enjoy the baby lifestage instead of just skipping through it after taking some pictures of my sims holding the baby. But nope. Instead we get crib-object baby and no toddler. Annoying as they can be, I actually like the toddlers.
Top Secret Researcher
#14904 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
That's foolish. Don't they know that enough disgruntled players will either a) stop buying or b) get is by other means

By testing us, they're going to end up screwing themselves over and die as a company. You can't treat your customers badly. If they choose to be bad to the customers, then the customers will be bad right back. Sure, they'll get more revenue for a while, but it's like a bubble: it'll keep inflating until it pops. And then the company goes down and the customers who stayed loyal have nowhere to go. Is EA foreseeing there demise and committing corporate suicide?

We have YibSims who are mere marionettes. Fans who rub it in others' faces that they're buying the game and its content at (literally) all cost. People pre-ordered TS4 before we had proper details out. Pre-orders are still through the roof. People moan and groan yet still buy it on Launch Day. The series has been heavily pirated yet remains one of EA's top sellers. There is no actual competition for the series. Why would there be? Life simulation is such a niche market.

It's been fourteen years strong. The Sims isn't going away anytime soon. Its essence, however, may.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Forum Resident
#14905 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:01 AM
We have YibSims who are mere marionettes. Fans who rub it in others' faces that they're buying the game and its content at (literally) all cost. People pre-ordered TS4 before we had proper details out. Pre-orders are still through the roof. People moan and groan yet still buy it on Launch Day. The series has been heavily pirated yet remains one of EA's top sellers. There is no actual competition for the series. Why would there be? Life simulation is such a niche market.

It's been fourteen years strong. The Sims isn't going away anytime soon. Its essence, however, may.

It could be that the people that will buy The Sims 4 will happily enjoy it too.

Even still, just not buying it on launch day may not send the message. When they bring back things like pools, toddlers, maybe make it possible to carry babies and just in general improve the game over the years...how many of the people that hated the game pre-release will buy it on some kind of sale post-release?

You will still be contributing to their profit most likely. I think if people really wanted to send a strong message, just move on entirely. Don't buy The Sims 4, don't buy TS4:Pets, TS4:University etc etc...don't buy any of it and just move on.

No matter what people say on the forums EA as a company just looks at the bottom line, and that's exactly what they should be doing as a company.
Top Secret Researcher
#14906 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:04 AM
^True.

They even said so in a recent article. They do not look at what the fans say, but what the fans do.

Vote with your wallets people.

Forum Resident
#14907 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:18 AM
Has anybody noticed this picture? When they said that the cheat would make objects bigger i didn't know they were going to be larger than a house
Forum Resident
#14908 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:31 AM
^True.

They even said so in a recent article. They do not look at what the fans say, but what the fans do.

Vote with your wallets people.

I want to add that the devs probably do care, that's why you saw Graham in here earlier! I think that EA though just looks at how much they profit from the game. I know there is some evidence saying that they planned this to be a online game and then was forced to change it because of what happened to Simcity (See, they were forced to change because not only did people make their concerns felt...but people stopped buying and caring for Simcity) so who knows how much time the Devs have had on this game.

I guess I just think that if people are truly upset with where the series is going you have to indeed vote with your wallet.
Top Secret Researcher
#14909 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:37 AM
The Gurus are waiters to a chain restaurant corporation. Your server may give you great service but it doesn't justify the quality and price of the meal.

Sorry for overusing my restaurant analogy. It just fits so well in this situation.

Top Secret Researcher
#14910 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
I want to add that the devs probably do care, that's why you saw Graham in here earlier! I think that EA though just looks at how much they profit from the game. I know there is some evidence saying that they planned this to be a online game and then was forced to change it because of what happened to Simcity (See, they were forced to change because not only did people make their concerns felt...but people stopped buying and caring for Simcity) so who knows how much time the Devs have had on this game.

I guess I just think that if people are truly upset with where the series is going you have to indeed vote with your wallet.

I'd also like to think that some of the devs care. But that's not enough to warrant any change from EA.

Caring < Money

They won't care if the fans are upset until their sales drop, Even if the lot of us don't particularly have a taste for this entry in the franchise there's over 100k or so people that disagree or don't know any better. Already voted with my wallet, how about you guys?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#14911 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:42 AM
I want to add that the devs probably do care, that's why you saw Graham in here earlier!

Where is the evidence that they care? Graham bothering to come here seems like an indication of that, and I appreciate that, but LOOK AT THIS GAME, YO! In my opinion, it is an embarrassment. I see no evidence of care, no evidence that real thought was given to our opinions. Despite them touting storytelling repeatedly, it's patently obvious they've not read many Sims stories or looked at our legacies, or even our pictures. If they had, the removal of CASt would not have happened. If they had, toddlers would not have been cut. If they cared, they would have improved the fucking game, not gutted it.
Lab Assistant
#14912 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:46 AM
To test us.

To see how less we are willing to pay for. To see how less they have to work. To see how less they can add and more they can charge separately for. To see how more they can leave up to the modders (the reason behind there being more support for them in TS4).

Why work when you don't have to? It's basic I/O psychology.

I love this post , the "game" is pure marketing psychology , now lets see how the fans react

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Field Researcher
#14913 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:47 AM
Just got the demo yesterday...

This is my first household in Sims 4...
(I am not expert at creating sims so... )

So far I am impressed with the CAS

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Forum Resident
#14914 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon
Where is the evidence that they care? Graham bothering to come here seems like an indication of that, and I appreciate that, but LOOK AT THIS GAME, YO! In my opinion, it is an embarrassment. I see no evidence of care, no evidence that real thought was given to our opinions. Despite them touting storytelling repeatedly, it's patently obvious they've not read many Sims stories or looked at our legacies, or even our pictures. If they had, the removal of CASt would not have happened. If they had, toddlers would not have been cut. If they cared, they would have improved the fucking game, not gutted it.

I don't know, I have not played the game. If the A.I is really improved then that's no easy task. The sims have been pretty close to brain dead through 1-3. I mean some early reviews do say that the gameplay is pretty fun, so I don't know. I can't judge the game.

They could look at those things that they have taken out as things that they can put back in. Personally, and this is personal...my biggest wants for The sims was to improve things like routing and A.I and to make the traits actually mean something than a random want popping up on your screen. To make the places more lively...So for me and me personally, they did listen to some of my complaints.

Now, I never asked for them to remove toddlers or cars and some other things...but my biggest issue with the sims 2 and 3 has been those things that they claim to have revamped and I'll have to play the game to actually see.
Lab Assistant
#14915 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Just got the demo yesterday...

This is my first household in Sims 4...
(I am not expert at creating sims so... )

So far I am impressed with the CAS

How many sims can a household have?

My Wings are broken....my hands bleed...
Lab Assistant
#14916 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:02 AM

My first attempt at androgynous Sims! You can find them on the gallery by searching the hashtag #genderswap.
Top Secret Researcher
#14917 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SirDrake
I love this post , the "game" is pure marketing psychology , now lets see how the fans react

Badly.

Delusional people despise logic and reason because they cling to emotion and faith. Tis the reason they get so upset and defend the game harder when someone presents a critical fact.

Instructor
#14918 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:06 AM
Afraid my TS4 sim Hunky McHunk is too hot to share in this thread. Prepare for illogical and utterly unnecessary shirtless-ness in the CAS Demo pic thread.
Field Researcher
#14919 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
Makes sense if they want positive reviews to give them the full game.

Oh please...
Instructor
#14920 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
Oh please...

what now?
Instructor
#14921 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:27 AM
I don't know, I have not played the game. If the A.I is really improved then that's no easy task. The sims have been pretty close to brain dead through 1-3. I mean some early reviews do say that the gameplay is pretty fun, so I don't know. I can't judge the game.
They could look at those things that they have taken out as things that they can put back in. Personally, and this is personal...my biggest wants for The sims was to improve things like routing and A.I and to make the traits actually mean something than a random want popping up on your screen. To make the places more lively...So for me and me personally, they did listen to some of my complaints.
Now, I never asked for them to remove toddlers or cars and some other things...but my biggest issue with the sims 2 and 3 has been those things that they claim to have revamped and I'll have to play the game to actually see.

Unfortunately there are supposedly still routing errors that can be seen in some of the gameplay videos so far. A video preview from pcgamer said that multitasking AI is nice, but still some problems with traits not resulting in smarter behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLEAHpzFks In that case it was the big brother who had the trait "hates children" but still had the wish to be best friends with his little brother. He would do something towards fulfilling that wish but then get angry at the little brother because he hates children lol. Same old sims there.

I wish they had found another solution to vacant community buildings in some people's games besides slicing and dicing up the large open world. With mods I almost had no problems with no sims being around at the club/gym/park/etc. If modders can do it, it's a mystery why EA had to limit it down to 5 lots on a tiny map, surrounded by a mile of decor terrain.
Instructor
#14922 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
Unfortunately there are supposedly still routing errors that can be seen in some of the gameplay videos so far. A video preview from pcgamer said that multitasking AI is nice, but still some problems with traits not resulting in smarter behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLEAHpzFks In that case it was the big brother who had the trait "hates children" but still had the wish to be best friends with his little brother. He would do something towards fulfilling that wish but then get angry at the little brother because he hates children lol. Same old sims there.

I wish they had found another solution to vacant community buildings in some people's games besides slicing and dicing up the large open world. With mods I almost had no problems with no sims being around at the club/gym/park/etc. If modders can do it, it's a mystery why EA had to limit it down to 5 lots on a tiny map, surrounded by a mile of decor terrain.

Seeing how the devs aim for nothing but weird, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd laugh at the issue you're describing. "See how he just HATES his little brother, although he for some reason decided to take care of him? It's fun and weird and tactile and intuitive and awesome, and we know you all agree! MOAR WEIRD FUR DA PEEPLE!"
Forum Resident
#14923 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon

On this particular video, I thought he said that the aspiration was to "Enthuse about space..." and not be friends with his brother?

Any ways, my biggest issue with routing was mainly the doors. It would ruin events you tried to have because sims were so dumb they didn't know how to walk through doors. Also there were times where sims could not go into the school because they were all piled up at the door.

Honestly, I won't miss the open world too much. They did not know how to use it and I feel like places were a lot more lively on TS2 than TS3. My big things are just no toddlers and no story progression...and one of those things is sure to be put in eventually.
Lab Assistant
#14924 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
So i've been working on some lipsticks. I swear modding this game is funnier than playing :p

The first one was made from a real lip texture... and it looks like crap if you look really close
The secon was painted from scratch, and I swear it doesn't look that bright in photoshop, needs more adjusting...

The resolution of the lipstick texture is really really low, I don't know if it was like that in sims 3, but here ugh... Because of this the realistic textures look really bad, I think you can achieve better result painting the thing.

Keep trying! It's like everyday a new modder is born, I think I'm going to cry . I should really be trying to put pictures in my signature, so modding is way to difficult for me. Does anyone do tutorials for the SIms 4?

The new Create-A-Sim is definitely an improvement.

http://i.imgur.com/ZM6KgPa.png
Test Subject
#14925 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:49 AM
I just got it yesterday and I've been making videos all last night, I think its pretty cool, but the guys clothes are really lacking! It's cool how the Sims all look way different now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg-AgsUzu2I
Locked thread
Page 597 of 920