Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#16876 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:00 PM
I wonder if that is Crick Cabana?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Scholar
#16877 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:05 PM
I think two suns is a reasonable answer. Look out how bright all of the screenshots are. I'm surprised the sims are demonstrating their totally WOWHECKYEAH E-m0t!oNz by screaming in agony as the sun(s) melt off their skin and boil their organs with how bloomie it is. Of course, looking at the gross babies, it might not be the first time Willow Creek has received a large dose of gene-warping gamma radiation.
Lab Assistant
#16878 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:06 PM
LOL, so, we're not getting Family Tree either in the game! WooHoo! U_U I want to cry, scream, then cry again, then eat a gallon of Ice Cream (the one with macadamia nuts in it, and caramel, or maybe the one with speculoos cakes chips in it, or both), then I want to say "whatever, anyway, I already own My Sims PC, and the whole Sims 3 collection (except for Katy Perry... Even I, as a gay guy, found it too gay...:p)... I may give a try at Wildstar online, or start from scratch with World of Warcraft, as they are adding housing to the game and have better graphics than TS4 even if the game is near to 10 years old...

... Okay, let's calm down a little, I'm going to hug my siamese cat, she's great at comforting, and, like every cat on the planet, she also want to destroy human race, maybe she'll start with EA's people. :p
Theorist
#16879 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I think two suns is a reasonable answer. Look out how bright all of the screenshots are. I'm surprised the sims are demonstrating their totally WOWHECKYEAH E-m0t!oNz by screaming in agony as the sun(s) melt off their skin and boil their organs with how bloomie it is. Of course, looking at the gross babies, it might not be the first time Willow Creek has received a large dose of gene-warping gamma radiation.

You may very well be on to something.
Alchemist
#16880 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:32 PM
I heard that the version they played on GamesCom was just a pre-version, correct or false? (Since the make objects bigger/smaller cheat was still left out), so maybe family tree's are yet to be done?
Lab Assistant
#16881 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I heard that the version they played on GamesCom was just a pre-version, correct or false? (Since the make objects bigger/smaller cheat was still left out), so maybe family tree's are yet to be done?

Well, I won't be counting on this, but, who knows, but the Gurus (don't remember which one) made it quiet clear on his Twitt that it's not part of the game... You'll better have to tend an updated notebook of who is who during play time, because, if you don't, and if you're playing legacy style, well, after a few generations, how will your sims know that they can't romance this other sims, because, in fact he or she is part of the same family tree... Weirder stories huh? Let's have consanguineous Sims family!

Okay, i'm going too far here, sorry for that, feel free to disagree, I deserve it. ^^
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16882 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyrefly555
Okay, i'm going too far here, sorry for that, feel free to disagree, I deserve it. ^^

I clicked disagree, but the way you worded your post, it's very ambiguous what I am actually disagreeing with

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#16883 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
And what's with the weird rainbow? Rainbows are supposed to be up in the sky.

I think that's a waterfall in the background, so maybe they were going for something like this...

...and just executed it badly?
Forum Resident
#16884 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:55 PM
Quote:
The try for baby interaction is probably gone when the sim is pregnant, or maybe you don't even need to take the test - perhaps the option only appears on the toilet once pregnancy is happening?
The latter seems likely. Not sure about the former. I haven't played TS3 in a long time, but IIRC, unlike TS2, the "try for baby" option stayed for a while after conception (until she knew she was pregnant?).
Theorist
#16885 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenCats
I think that's a waterfall in the background, so maybe they were going for something like this...

...and just executed it badly?

Maybe. it would help to see game play footage of that area as I can't tell if there is a waterfall there or not.
Mad Poster
#16886 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:02 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 15th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM. Reason: ipad typo
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

One of the gamescom visitors asked a guru, supposedly. I saw a copy of the tweet on the official forums that said which guru it was. Lyndsay, I think? I'm kind of foggy. (I just woke up from a nightmare that someone stole my hard drive, and it had Katy Perry Sweet Treats on it. Eww.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Forum Resident
#16887 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:04 PM
Wow, you ignored my question on the same day family trees are confirmed to be missing and that all happens on my annual "the-vacation/bikini-fotos-look-awful"-diet. I just ate a giant cookie to deal with all the pain and rejection.

On another note: How cruel can they be to have a family tree as the picture for the successful lineage-aspiration? Or how stupid to forget to include it, when they already have a reminder in-game?
Alchemist
#16888 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:14 PM
I think I heard someone say that the sims will have memories ..

true or false? Probably false.
Lab Assistant
#16889 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It's filled with EMOTIONS!

http://bobsim3d.wordpress.com/ - Just messing around ;-)
Forum Resident
#16890 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:30 PM
Wow we still have sun in the game?
I wasn't expecting that...
I can't describe how disappointed I'm for this 'game' anymore.

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
One Minute Ninja'd
#16891 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943

But they're saving the moon for the Nightlife expansion.
Field Researcher
#16892 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elias943

Yeah, I though MAXIS already removed Sun from the game /s

EA/MAXIS motto right now...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Mad Poster
#16893 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:35 PM
Ok, here is that tweet about the family trees: https://twitter.com/SimTimes/status...043951169363968

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#16894 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Ok, here is that tweet about the family trees: https://twitter.com/SimTimes/status...043951169363968

Well, whaddya expect? They took away lots of other things (I don't have enough time to list the looong list), and they were avoiding the question, so....
Mad Poster
#16895 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Ugh! Unless worlds have two suns, yes, the beams are coming from the wrong direction. They should look as though they are aiming towards the camera, not across the screen.

Tbh, I originally though that picture was a photoshopped version of this one but it isn't. It was taken from the same location though.

And what's with the weird rainbow? Rainbows are supposed to be up in the sky.

Edit: Excuse the crude lines. This is just to show what I'm talking about.

The yellow triangle represents where the beams should be coming from and they are not spread out as they should be.

The green lines show the sun beams that should not be there as the sun is above the yellow triangle.

Sometimes finding the light source in a picture can be tricky, but in this case, somebody was drinking too heavily that day.

They can form in the mist around waterfalls. I can't make out what's going on in that picture very well though - glaring in the sunlight and sort of dead looking in the shade.
Instructor
#16896 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
EA/MAXIS motto right now

If by "Things", you mean "Remove", and "Change", you mean "Features", then yeah.
Mad Poster
#16897 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:04 PM
Quote:
best thing to do is think of sims 4 as an entire new game and forget about the things we're not getting

IT'S A SEQUEL....and the third sequel at that. They're supposed to move forward, using the previous games as a base. What happens if they took swimming, robbing stores, and owning properties out of GTA and people justify it by saying "Well if you look at it as a different game then it doesn't seem so bad". It's not a different game! It's supposed to be a step up from the previous games!
Mad Poster
#16898 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~

This is bad when many of us are now shrugging. I think that makes the total number of well-known features of the previous Sims games that aren't in Sims 4 up to 90 now.

Care to try for 100, EA?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#16899 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
I don't get the fuss about the woohoo. The woohoo animation sequence has always been, as far as I can remember, one sim turning to another and going "Fancy a shag?" then hopping under the covers. There were other animations sims could do on the bed, but you had to queue them up, they weren't part of the woohoo animation sequence itself.

...or am I hallucinating that?

So much eliminated from this game - big things - open world, CASt, story progression, toddlers, babies that appear as sims instead of plastic baby doll objects in a plastic ugly ass bassinet. And what has been the reason given over and over? So that Sims 4 will have deeper game play and better AI. So yeah it is kind of a big deal when I finally get to see fuckin' woohoo and it's basically no different, and if anything more clinical, than any other Sims game. This is a new game with apparently no selling points.
Instructor
#16900 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exlibrisas
I found a web in my country where you can perorder TS4 for 43.15 euros. Way cheaper then via ORIGIN. http://food4gamers.com/The-Sims-4-O...=The%20sims%204

Any price that's more than 0.01 Euros is one cent too much for this "game".
Locked thread
Page 676 of 920