Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Savvier Seller Mod - Version 4

by ani_ Posted 11th Nov 2013 at 9:03 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:07 AM by ani_

181 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 108 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:45 PM
It's finally posted! I checked your tumbler every day to follow your progress; gosh this mod is so cool!
Thank you for repairing EA's laziness!
You just opened up a huge new way of gameplay, I can finally make a real farmer selling his crop or set up a shady jewel business haha :lovestruc
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 9:54 PM Last edited by desiree101 : 12th Nov 2013 at 3:38 AM.
Oh Ani! Gosh, just when I thought you coudn't do any better than the Bistro oven, you prove me wrong! You're a genius Thank you so much for taking over the 'meh' EA Savvy seller set and making it so awesome!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 10:01 PM
Thank you ani.It's nice to see that someone take care with unfinished EA store objects
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 10:19 PM
And this is why I buy the crappy store sets...waiting on my script Queen to pull it apart, snap it up and make it something worthwhile to play with! :lovestruc

Thank you for saving our sanity with your mods, and thank you for sharing with us. *HUGS*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 10:45 PM
Checked this out on tumblr first but now its up yay! Great job I was planning to do this myself and then someone linked me your work so its awesome ty!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:10 AM
thanks this looks great
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:10 AM
Yay thank you! I've been waiting for something like this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:26 AM
You are amazing! I bow down to your genius!
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:27 AM
this is awesome, really,I had my fingers crossed for a mod like this. i haven't thoroughly read the details yet,but I have a question/suggestion for future consideretion,hopefully So, the thing you mentioned in the end about the shifts, what really bothered me was that the register had 3 shifts,while the door had all possible combinations. so could it be possible to set from the register custom shifts like the door? anyway, this mod is all i could have dreamed of! I'm going to wait though untill you have fixed a few bugs to enjoy it

ps. I'm still on 1.57. how not cool will it be to try it? is it thaaaat necesary to patch before i use it or could I test it for the heck of it before patching, out of curiosity (taking all precautions of course)

Hoard - Collect - File - Index
Catalog-Preserve-Amass-Index
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 12:44 AM
Ani.. this looks awesome. Have been watching for this to be completed and just discovered University is needed :'-( :'( But, I will say again thank you for all of your creations. You certainly spiced up my game with the Produce Stand and Bistro!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 1:46 AM
Have I ever told you you are amazing?

Because, yes, you are amazing. This is the greatest thing ever <3 Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 2:13 AM
You are so awesome! I've been waiting on this, checking every day :) YAY!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 2:50 AM
Yay, it's released! I look forward to trying this out! You're an absolute genius, ani - thank you so much for making our games much more fun! <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 3:48 AM
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 4:02 AM
Once again, you've picked up EA's dropped ball and done something better than I ever hoped. Thank you so much for making your work available.
One Minute Ninja'd
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 4:12 AM
Well done. Proving once again how folks like you can, out of pure generosity, create a working model of something the designers who are paid to do this, and who we pay to do this by buying their incomplete stuff, cannot. Thank you for bringing sensible game play to a feature so many simmers have wanted for so long.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 5:12 AM
Like everyone else, I find this super exciting. But I have to echo a previous poster and lament my lack of Universtiy! Is there a simple answer as to why Uni is required? I might succumb and get that EP one day, and then this will be the first mod I download - but I want it now!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lulume
Like everyone else, I find this super exciting. But I have to echo a previous poster and lament my lack of Universtiy! Is there a simple answer as to why Uni is required? I might succumb and get that EP one day, and then this will be the first mod I download - but I want it now!

As I mention in the instructions the restocking animations are taken from the uni EP. You can try using it without, if you are lucky the sim will just not do the animations. Try it out and see what happens.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 6:03 AM
May we have an non restocking version, please ?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 8:20 AM
Thank you very much!
Finally my alchemist sim can open a Alchemy Store
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 9:46 AM
Don't know if it would be too complicated to do this, but could you add a 'push" to make customers visit when selling items on a residential lot? It's so frustrating that no one comes.

Anyhow, beautiful job on this. Now I can fix my strip mall in Uni. Hated that I could by ice cream from the bike shop and vice versa. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 1:23 PM
I Just love this mod I just wanted to ask could you add to this mod a way to help make customers buy an item like in Sims 3 Open for business? I was so unhappy with the set the store gave us and I cannot believe they did not at least add this option to the game. Thank you for this mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
As I mention in the instructions the restocking animations are taken from the uni EP. You can try using it without, if you are lucky the sim will just not do the animations. Try it out and see what happens.

I am going to try that. Thanks Ani.
Test Subject
#25 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 2:11 PM
I was really mad when I got this set from EA and I realized you couldn't sell vegetables. I mean, how sucky was that? Thank you so much for your amazing mod! I have a question tho: If I have a self-employed Sim (let's say gardener), will the profits made from selling my harvest with this rug have me climb my career?
Page 1 of 8