Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#126 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:11 AM
So much art deco. I'm having very fond memories of Grimschurch. <3

Oh, and one of the building I thought was a rabbit hole... wasn't. It hard curved windows on it.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:23 AM
^^^
Maybe that is one of the new Shell?

It just me or this is like Bridgeport and Isla Paradiso combined?
and I don't like the world name

Me back after a long hiatus :)
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#128 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Going to shit into pants from happiness
Remember, people said the same thing about the Proffesional Stove and the Savvy Sellers set, and look what we got. I'm reserving my happiness shit until AFTER it gets released, and we see what it really is like.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#129 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
^^^
Maybe that is one of the new Shell?

Nope, not a shell. :D

Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Remember, people said the same thing about the Proffesional Stove and the Savvy Sellers set, and look what we got. I'm reserving my happiness shit until AFTER it gets released, and we see what it really is like.

If the basic functionality is anything like the tractor, I'll be please. It appears to operate by floor. I don't even know what to make of all of that, but we'll see what happens.

Field Researcher
#130 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:41 AM
^^^
So that curved window thing is an object or some sort....
I wonder if the skyscraper has a liveable apartment or just a community lot...

This reminds me of Isla Paradiso Main Island Downtown Area

The Fixable car thingy, I though it would be like the broken Sport Car like from FT but its just a broken vintage(?) car...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Field Researcher
#131 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:50 AM
ooooohhh man this is what i want. this is a world i'd actually buy? with money. i know the amusement park thing will probably be disappointing but still! rollercoasters!
Scholar
#132 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:56 AM
This world sure does have the look of a theme that they might have used in the Time Travel EP, had it gone to the past as well.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#133 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims

Well it wasn't so bad...just need more upgrade
Instructor
#134 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 8:29 AM Last edited by Vss2eip : 25th Nov 2013 at 9:50 AM.
I don't know whether to be excited or not. This hype was with every world before but the PC sucked...

On a side note, thank God we're getting another world, we haven't had one in ages. Seriously though, store fans we're like 'OMG I've been waiting for this [Midnight Hollow] for so long! i can't wait to play it!' and after it was released 'When's the next world coming?', 'When will I get to waste waste my $40 again?'.

Edit: Oh, the Capp family is returning, they're on vacation for the rest of their lives.
Alchemist
#135 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 8:50 AM
Matrix, you've made the second post in this thread rather irrelevant. People won't get what's so funny with this post anymore.

Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana
Wow, this world sounds amazing!

Anyway, I'm really excited about this world. Finally this time they're not making some fantastical, magical world! The theme in this world is more generic than the previous worlds, so I think it will blend in with EPs, like LN and SHT (both of which I like)! One thing I don't really like; it seems that only that vintage car can be restored from a pile of junk. I wish we could have more selection.

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#136 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 8:53 AM
Oh my! This is something I just need to have. I thing it looks great, all the 20's stuff and the rollercoasters on the beach!
I'm getting The Sims 2-vibes from this. It looks like they have mixed The Sims 2 Downtown with Isla Paradiso, Lucky Palms, Starlight Shores and Pleasantview.
I will totally get this, but I'm afraid that this world will have multiple lags - hopefully not.
It looks a bit like a custom world someone has made, I just dislike the color of the water.
Top Secret Researcher
#137 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
One thing I don't really like; it seems that only that vintage car can be restored from a pile of junk. I wish we could have more selection.

Perhaps a site like Around the Sims 3 might be able to make a few variants on it that use different car models? They've done that sort of thing before with interactive objects like the chemistry table and the Midnight Hollow cash register, after all.
Mad Poster
#138 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Perhaps a site like Around the Sims 3 might be able to make a few variants on it that use different car models? They've done that sort of thing before with interactive objects like the chemistry table and the Midnight Hollow cash register, after all.

^ This! Sandy is so talented, I wouldn't doubt it. Although I have never seen her create cars before. That is the one PC I have my eyes on, for my sim Dad and son. Oooo, can't wait.

Just picked up on this one pic. Haven't seen it anyplace else here.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#139 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 10:12 AM
Roaring Heights, Roaring Heights... what does it remind me of? The song Roar? Garden Heights from Pet Stories? I don't know.
One Minute Ninja'd
#140 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 11:29 AM
Sort of reminds me of an art deco, early 20th century Miami Beach. Funny thing is, a bunch of the art deco Store stuff will probably look great in this world.

Now, if only they really got the pastels right.
Alchemist
#141 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:05 PM
Roaring Heights, if there is no townie named Kathy Peri or something like that I have to make my own one.

Alchemist
#142 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith

Ooh, very interesting! They have really great collections! Too bad, I don't like using CC. Sorry for being picky, but I was hoping if it could be modded somehow instead of a new object (which may not be simple).

But really. As a non-CC user, I think they really have great creations. They even use Simlish instead of Roman alphabet!

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#143 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 12:40 PM
Wow... If this works even remotely like it should, imagine the possibilities on a festival lot... Autumn, place the tractor ride, winter switch out the tractor with the half pipe, then spring and summer, the roller coaster.

As for the ATS3 fix-up, that would be wonderful, but to me, it doesn't seem like Sandy gets much of the Store things, worlds or objects.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:31 PM
This looks really good

I can't wait for all the burning dissapointment
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#145 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 1:58 PM
Can we sell the car upon fixing it?

Mad Poster
#146 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:00 PM
....must...resist urge....to buy.....from store......
Field Researcher
#147 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:01 PM
Was just about to head to bed (it's 1am here in Australia) and thought id check Mod The Sims before doing so. And great, I come across this and am now wide awake! This actually looks, dare I say it - amazing! This is exactly the kind of world I'm after. I'm sure the PC won't work as anticipated but isn't that just expected now? Photos look great. I haven't looked forward to a world since Sunlit Tides.

Edit: Ps, I hate the name. It's laughable.

19 - Female - Australia
Field Researcher
#148 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Edit: Ps, I hate the name. It's laughable.

I agree. It's very unoriginal name.

Sounds like 'Rapping apes'

It's the time for EA to stop releasing new worlds and go on ts4.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Alchemist
#149 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
It's the time for EA to stop releasing new worlds and go on ts4.

Amen to that
Forum Resident
#150 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:28 PM Last edited by Dorsal Axe : 25th Nov 2013 at 4:01 PM.
Now all that's left to do is to combine the new Roaring Heights content (or at least just the neon) with...this!
Page 6 of 20