Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#326 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 6:33 AM
To those who bought the Dragon Valley world, did they actually craft all the buildings and furniture and people to look like they fit in the Medieval world? I'm just wondering if everything will fit in to the 1920's theme. I actually think I might get this world, never bought a Store world before.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#327 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
To those who bought the Dragon Valley world, did they actually craft all the buildings and furniture and people to look like they fit in the Medieval world? I'm just wondering if everything will fit in to the 1920's theme. I actually think I might get this world, never bought a Store world before.
eh, sort of. The pre-mades did use the clothing that came with it, and it does add decor and build mode stuff, but the game can only go so far (for example, there are still modern roads, and buildings). It would probably be easier to match the decor for a 1920's world though, as it is still grounded in modern times, as opposed to medieval.
Top Secret Researcher
#328 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 9:51 AM
Or, of course, you could easily just drop the idea of a historical setting entirely and play it as a contemporary city with a ton of art deco buildings that were built during the 1920s and still exist in the present day, which plenty of real-life cities do have. Unlike Dragon Valley, there's almost nothing in Roaring Heights that couldn't exist in the modern world. It's probably what I'll do with it, since I like the idea of a new city in SimNation that isn't Bridgeport and has its own distinctive architecture.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#329 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 4:30 PM
The most one would have to do it is either change or ignore the clothing hair. Maybe add some technology around.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#330 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 9:31 PM
Dang it, trying to rebuild my story with some past history and the more I see of this world, the more I want it for that. The rebuild a car object just cinched it for me.
Test Subject
#331 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:28 AM
I'm excited for Roaring Heights because of the style form the 20's and the Great Gatsby feel! Probably won't get it right away, but I'm happy new worlds are still coming out.
Alchemist
#332 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yeah, new worlds are nice and all but only if they weren't tied to those freaking SimPoint Bundles. That's just a pretty crappy thing to do from EA. :-/
Top Secret Researcher
#333 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 3:26 PM
The new worlds all suffer the problem and correct me if I am wrong but unless it is a Morden themed world it does not seem to work well. Most of the time it falls flat in some area like cars in a medieval themed world or an overall story making no sense ahem, midnight hollow (kicked people for dressing badly???). Also the sims points for these and nearly everything else is extremely shitty you have half the stuff for an expensive or all the stuff for more expensiveness. I think if I want to bulid a large rollercoaster with themes, I will go for the rollercoaster typhoon games and it is probably much cheaper than the store worlds and sim points.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#334 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Yeah, new worlds are nice and all but only if they weren't tied to those freaking SimPoint Bundles. That's just a pretty crappy thing to do from EA. :-/

I am still trying to figure out how EA chooses which worlds will go retail and which ones are available through the Sims 3 store? That is so confusing.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#335 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I am still trying to figure out how EA chooses which worlds will go retail and which ones are available through the Sims 3 store? That is so confusing.
So far, it seems to be simply an alternating cycle, starting with Sunlit Tides as Store and Monte Vista as retail. I can't remember how Lucky Palms was sold, but since Sunlit Tides it's been: ST-Store, MV-Retail, AS-Store, DV-Retail, MH-Store, RH-Retail
Top Secret Researcher
#336 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:26 PM

I can help with retail versions, from what I have seen in shops in the uk you can get hidden springs, Monte vista and barnical bay. If anyone knows where to get dragon valley from (there is an outfit in there I like and wish it was separate) I would be most grateful.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Mad Poster
#337 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I can help with retail versions, from what I have seen in shops in the uk you can get hidden springs, Monte vista and barnical bay. If anyone knows where to get dragon valley from (there is an outfit in there I like and wish it was separate) I would be most grateful.

I know Origin is selling the worlds too. Here is a link to Dragon Valley: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/...valley-ANW.html

Don't see the venue in it, have to get it from the store.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#338 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:06 AM
The name 'Roaring Heights' is kind of funny as since the world's based on Miami, there are no 'Heights' to speak of as Miami is completely flat.

Of course, you could say that it's because of the towers and the rollercoasters, but that's stretching it IMO. Even Coney Island wasn't named after its amusement parks.
Mad Poster
#339 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 8:58 AM
Graham tweeted: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...331989565132800

Graham Nardone
‏@SimGuruGraham
Just found out that there's a live broadcast for Roaring Heights at 10am... somehow I totally missed that.

Tweeted next:

Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham 1m
Now you don't have an excuse to miss the Roaring Heights live broadcast either. 10am PST, tune in! #rollercoasters http://www.twitch.tv/thesims/profile

Field Researcher
#340 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 9:30 AM
The Broadwalk Venue Review by TheSimSupply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmpc...ture=youtu.be&a

From that video I see a new photo booth, a pinball machine, a pool table and I think a new dominoes table...

EDIT: Scratch that, its not a dominoes table, it just an arcade table for 2 sims like the one from UNI and SHT

Me back after a long hiatus :)
dodgy builder
#341 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 10:52 AM
I just saw the video by Simsupply. I'm glad I don't need those dense looking support for a high rollercoaster. Perhaps it can be used as a transportation between floors?
Mad Poster
#342 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 11:12 AM
I love you can use walls, columns and not just those supports for the rollercoaster, although in real life I do want dense supports. New festival lot coming in my game. Goodness, I have a small festival lot, what will I do on that one? Heck, half the fun is figuring it out...sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

dodgy builder
#343 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:12 PM
I love you can use walls, columns and not just those supports for the rollercoaster, although in real life I do want dense supports. New festival lot coming in my game. Goodness, I have a small festival lot, what will I do on that one? Heck, half the fun is figuring it out...sometimes good, sometimes not so good.

Perhaps dense, but at least I hope for something a bit more elegant.
Field Researcher
#344 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:38 PM
Roaring Heights Review by TheSimSupply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWw...ture=youtu.be&a
He showing everything about Roaring Heights...

EDIT: Apparently, that Skycrapper shell building or should i say skyscrapper "object" won't disappear when you looking at the ground floor or first story...
EDIT II : Scratch that, he saying that a glitch

Mad Poster
#345 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:44 PM
Ooo, I love the map. Love lots of waterways.

Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Roaring Heights Review by TheSimSupply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWw...ture=youtu.be&a
He showing everything about Roaring Heights...

EDIT: Apparently, that Skycrapper shell building or should i say skyscrapper "object" won't disappear when you looking at the ground floor or first story...
EDIT II : Scratch that, he saying that a glitch

Glad he showed how to fix it. That would have drove me crazy.

Field Researcher
#346 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:54 PM
Aw man, that "apartment" lot with the "skyscrapper object" looks... ummm.... ugly? Okay, maybe it looks good from the outside but the inside is... ughh.... and that reminds me when I first play Sims 2 and build oversized house

Mad Poster
#347 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Aw man, that "apartment" lot with the "skyscrapper object" looks... ummm.... ugly? Okay, maybe it looks good from the outside but the inside is... ughh.... and that reminds me when I first play Sims 2 and build oversized house

I agree with this statement so much! I know what I will be doing until the next week, edits and make overs. Ugh.

Excuse me while I scream for more skylights! YAY!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#348 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:34 PM
I think the room sizes are so big because the base game doesn't have apartment support (well, it does actually, but apparently, the team doesn't know about it), only houses. Rather than use the hidden toom markers, they just made really big rooms and called it quits.

If I care enough, I'll make actual apartments out of the lot.

Edit: Isn't pinball supposed to be special premium content...? They added it to the venue? O_O

It doesn't look half bad either.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#349 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I think the room sizes are so big because the base game doesn't have apartment support (well, it does actually, but apparently, the team doesn't know about it), only houses. Rather than use the hidden toom markers, they just made really big rooms and called it quits.

If I care enough, I'll make actual apartments out of the lot.

Edit: Isn't pinball supposed to be special premium content...? They added it to the venue? O_O

It doesn't look half bad either.

They even add a pool table too...

Forum Resident
#350 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:53 PM
I just watched the review videos and I'm pretty excited for this world. It looks really nice. I'm disappointed that the balloons that come with the boardwalk can't be recolored, though. From the moment I saw them I wanted to recolor them because I don't like how those red balloons look combined with all the pastel colored balloons. They stand out too much. Plus, if the balloons recolored, I could use them for other things, like parties.
Page 14 of 20