Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4501 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:31 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 16th Apr 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Good grief a Receptacularist?

Don, is there a cure for that?
Sure!
Buy TS4 and all EPs and GPs to date
Play only that
Subscribe to any TS4 related magazine of your choice and that is available in your country
Follow all Yibsim channels
Make Origin your only source for purchasing games
Replace your dark sunglasses with rose tinted ones
Wear a hotdog costume once a week
Drink lots of strong liquors to ease the pain

AND

Leave MTS

Edit: The other option would be to simply accept who you are.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4502 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
Not everyone who posts, does it for the sake of exchanging points of view. Some just like to converse and have fun in their own little circle.

The part I bolded, is this a thing here? Really? I didn't know that. Guess that's why I don't get an answer most times when I ask questions in one of the expanse of threads down there.

OK, keep your circle then but I am sure that "circle" is not in this thread. :P

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#4503 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Oooooo I had no idea they made the 3rd one. There was another group that came out with a KQ3 remake first that was pretty good too.

Infamous Adventurer - KQ3 remake

But I'm still waiting for a KQ4 remake and a PQ2 remake.

Played the demo to this one, but I think the project is dead:
King's Quest IV Remake

Never knew of the other King's Quest remake, I might check it out when I'm bored.

And yes, I'm waiting for a King's Quest IV remake as well. I can't deal with the "typing your actions" interface of the original . If I had a few grands to spare I'd denate them to AGD in order to entice them to remake that game, but I sadly don't planning to get a house ain't cheap.
I was too young to appreciate point and click adventures the first time around, does anybody know of some good ones that are playable on Windows 8?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#4504 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Hm, I don't know, neither do I want this thread cleaned-up, moved nor do I really mind being yibs-bombed by Non-Receptacularists.
Yesterday's feeble attempt to pay the Receptacle back in kind left no mark on my general dislike of TS4 and I am just really glad that the moderators were sensible enough to not merge the thread that caused the uproar with this one here. I am grateful for that.
The locked thread is not very pretty to look at and I fully agree with the decision to close it. I just feel bad for the OP. They should have been allowed the opportunity to enjoy their rekindled interest and not be attacked by some swamp monsters who acted as if that spark of joy had set their gases on fire. Hey, but at least this brought some much needed vigor back into the Receptacle.

Meh, it's really no big deal that they came in here. I was just making a point. Why was the other thread locked because people came in there to defend the Receptacularists (I love this word by the way)? The Sims 4 lovers were bashing us, and someone had to defend us, and then got in trouble for that defense. The mods will stick up for the TS4 fans, but not for the Receptacularists. If you'll take note, the first replies to parrot999 were from people who like TS4, and they were negatively pointing out that people would come in there to bash parrot999. THEY started the fight, NOT the Receptacularists. BUT WE get locked out of THEIR threads and thrown in here, however, they don't get thrown out of here when they come in to bash all of us Receptacularists. Did I say I love that word?
Link to thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553140&page=1

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4505 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
Receptacularists. Did I say I love that word?

I still think "irregardless" takes the crown

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#4506 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:44 PM
A true Receptacularist doesn't need no defending and, in true sportsmanship, takes any bashing as an encouragement to continue even more. The moderators know this, that's why they're scared of the Receptacle. 4,500 posts, some 200,000 views and if you look at the Who? of the post statistics, some of the finest crop of MTS who post here regularly. Compare this to that thread that ended praecox - apart from ubiquitous eskie hardly any Receptacularist who could be bothered to search for their keyboards to grace it.
As I said, I'm just glad that this thread didn't end up here, that'd really bother me. And if a Lover thinks that it's okay to relieve their LoveBladder in here - well, that smell is so lightweight it'll be gone in a few hours.
Inventor
#4507 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:47 PM
By the way I started the sims 4 yesterday, this is the first time I've played the game since the end of March. I was loading my household, and the music that says they're ready played, but the loading continued for about 15 to 20 minutes, and wouldn't stop. I finally closed the sims 4. I have a feeling this might be due to the April 13th update because I never had this issue before. I have CC, and I don't have Get to work. The only other thing I could think of being the problem is the lockable doors mod. Can someone please tell me what's going on?
#4508 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
By the way I started the sims 4 yesterday, this is the first time I've played the game since the end of March. I was loading my household, and the music that says they're ready played, but the loading continued for about 15 to 20 minutes, and wouldn't stop. I finally closed the sims 4. I have a feeling this might be due to the April 13th update because I never had this issue before. I have CC, and I don't have Get to work. The only other thing I could think of being the problem is the lockable doors mod. Can someone please tell me what's going on?
Certainly, just come over here.
Scholar
#4509 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 2:08 PM
Thank you, tontrin, for posting the link. I lost the first one in the sea of rainbows that rained on us. Oh, the metaphors, so mixed up in a lovely bunch

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#4510 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I'm carrying packs of whiskey, puffff, pufff, on my back for Madame B. so no time to talk of the great battles. *wipes brow*

Thank-you applefeather for all the whiskey...

~attempts to swagger over to the nearest seat, but tumbles and faceplants instead~

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#4511 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
A true Receptacularist doesn't need no defending and, in true sportsmanship, takes any bashing as an encouragement to continue even more. The moderators know this, that's why they're scared of the Receptacle. 4,500 posts, some 200,000 views and if you look at the Who? of the post statistics, some of the finest crop of MTS who post here regularly. Compare this to that thread that ended praecox - apart from ubiquitous eskie hardly any Receptacularist who could be bothered to search for their keyboards to grace it.

Holy shit! I'm the fifth highest poster in this thread? I really gotta work on getting a life.

And I tried to respectfully address the factual errors in that OP's thread, only to be told that the 20 minute load time might have been an exaggeration, but they still didn't like TS3 even after the 8 minute load, and that family members not giving a shit when someone dies must be a bug that EA will fix in a patch, because "they're so good at patching bugs this time", even though it hasn't been fixed in, what has it been by now, 8 or so patches released?

My closing statement on that thread. If you read the OP's first post, it had nothing to do with explaining why they loved TS4, but troll bait for anyone who ever said a bad word about the game. Because all that "negativity" almost deprived the OP of the chance to spend their money on the game because the OP almost followed the bad reviewers comments and didn't buy it. But hey, sunshine and rainbows, right?
Lab Assistant
#4512 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 3:15 PM
That thread (as long as we're still talking about the "why i like the sims 4 whatever blah blah" thread) kind of rubbed me the wrong way, not because of the OP liking the game (because I'm happy people like the game, they spent money on it) but because of the overall tone. It felt very "i'm right and you're wrong, here's why" which doesn't seem like productive conversation, it just seemed confrontational. I didn't even want to watch it, it was a disaster waiting to happen.
Mad Poster
#4513 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Holy shit! I'm the fifth highest poster in this thread? I really gotta work on getting a life.

And I tried to respectfully address the factual errors in that OP's thread, only to be told that the 20 minute load time might have been an exaggeration, but they still didn't like TS3 even after the 8 minute load, and that family members not giving a shit when someone dies must be a bug that EA will fix in a patch, because "they're so good at patching bugs this time", even though it hasn't been fixed in, what has it been by now, 8 or so patches released?

My closing statement on that thread. If you read the OP's first post, it had nothing to do with explaining why they loved TS4, but troll bait for anyone who ever said a bad word about the game. Because all that "negativity" almost deprived the OP of the chance to spend their money on the game because the OP almost followed the bad reviewers comments and didn't buy it. But hey, sunshine and rainbows, right?

Yes, it was definitely a trap for the unwary. And then he was even able to get away with saying 'stop acting like a passive aggressive prick.'
Forum Resident
#4514 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
Meh, it's really no big deal that they came in here. I was just making a point. Why was the other thread locked because people came in there to defend the Receptacularists (I love this word by the way)? The Sims 4 lovers were bashing us, and someone had to defend us, and then got in trouble for that defense. The mods will stick up for the TS4 fans, but not for the Receptacularists. If you'll take note, the first replies to parrot999 were from people who like TS4, and they were negatively pointing out that people would come in there to bash parrot999. THEY started the fight, NOT the Receptacularists. BUT WE get locked out of THEIR threads and thrown in here, however, they don't get thrown out of here when they come in to bash all of us Receptacularists. Did I say I love that word?
Link to thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=553140&page=1

Haha, I love how TMBrandon is now in the 'Sunshiner' group. I've seen him say plenty of negative things about the game. But I guess whatever fits the us vs them narrative.Sure seems to be a lot of that going on, you can't just be a fan of the game you are grouped with other fans of the game.

Probably the reason the Mods don't kick people out of this thread is because it's a silly idea. Not everyone is 100% hating the game and 100% loving the game. When they made this thread I'm sure it was meant as a harmless way to combine the complaints people have for the game, whether you love the game and have minor complaints or just generally hate the game and have major complaints. What they seemed to have created is a group of people that don't want another group of people even posting in what they call 'Their' thread. I lurk plenty of threads and plenty of people have complaints in those thread, this has become less of a complaint thread and more of a community within a community. The recent posts confirm that with the labels and words i've seen thrown around here.

No you're right though, the 'positive' fans don't get thrown out of this thread...but the threads they start will get locked down eventually and they will go on to never post again. No one actually bans you from posting in any other thread but it just so happens that people post in those threads and they get locked. Others that have similar positive thoughts lurk and decide "Gee...not posting around here" (Again, look at the agrees in that thread and people just flat out saying it) because of this us vs them mentality. I made a post to suggest things not to do in here, basically stop making excuses as to why people like the game. Funnily enough I got disagrees for that, so yes some of the people that lurk or even post here are just fine with calling fans EA Shills, too dumb of a consumer to know better, new to the series, or whatever excuse they can find as to why someone likes the game.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Mad Poster
#4515 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:15 PM
Yeah, don't come for Brandon. He's about as much a "Sunshiner" as I am.

*Remembers the time Dumbledore said something similar about Snape not being a Death Eater* God, I'm a geek
Mad Poster
#4516 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:24 PM
Great. Now you have me wondering whether or not Brandon is a Death Eater.

Mad Poster
#4517 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:29 PM
Only to avenge H.O.W's death and protect her son, "The Sim Who Lived" :P

Acually....if people think H.O.W's a sunshiner....she wouldn't be Lily, would she? She'd be Bellatrix....GUYS WE NEED A LILY! Anyone here willing to die so Brandon can become the best developed character in the series?
Instructor
#4518 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:56 PM
Patch out the GTW-shit already, EA. Why even release a patch that doesn't fix the biggest problems? Besides, the no mods/no CC version of my game I launch when I'm about to build and create crashes on me every now and then. When saving, loading the gallery, placing lots...

It really ruins the creativity and I'm currently considering not touching the game again until a patch that solves my problems arrives.
Field Researcher
#4519 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Haha, I love how TMBrandon is now in the 'Sunshiner' group. I've seen him say plenty of negative things about the game. But I guess whatever fits the us vs them narrative.Sure seems to be a lot of that going on, you can't just be a fan of the game you are grouped with other fans of the game.

Probably the reason the Mods don't kick people out of this thread is because it's a silly idea. Not everyone is 100% hating the game and 100% loving the game. When they made this thread I'm sure it was meant as a harmless way to combine the complaints people have for the game, whether you love the game and have minor complaints or just generally hate the game and have major complaints. What they seemed to have created is a group of people that don't want another group of people even posting in what they call 'Their' thread. I lurk plenty of threads and plenty of people have complaints in those thread, this has become less of a complaint thread and more of a community within a community. The recent posts confirm that with the labels and words i've seen thrown around here.

No you're right though, the 'positive' fans don't get thrown out of this thread...but the threads they start will get locked down eventually and they will go on to never post again. No one actually bans you from posting in any other thread but it just so happens that people post in those threads and they get locked. Others that have similar positive thoughts lurk and decide "Gee...not posting around here" (Again, look at the agrees in that thread and people just flat out saying it) because of this us vs them mentality. I made a post to suggest things not to do in here, basically stop making excuses as to why people like the game. Funnily enough I got disagrees for that, so yes some of the people that lurk or even post here are just fine with calling fans EA Shills, too dumb of a consumer to know better, new to the series, or whatever excuse they can find as to why someone likes the game.

In this post, I see a lot of mention about "us vs them" but I only see the example of those that are unhappy with S4 (as well as the mention of your list). What about those poor, mistreated people who love the game explaining away people who dislike S4 as haters and whiners? I think what's missing is a list for the other side. Here you go.

If you want to have a mature conversation that includes negative and positive aspects of the game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop saying the following
  • what's missing in the game has been talked about to death, so please stop bringing all of them up
  • stop comparing it to the other Sims games. It's a brand new game and should evaluated by its own merits
  • I haven't had that problem with the game so it doesn't exist
  • threads filled with people who dislike S4 are just echo chambers, I know this because I frequent places that are filled with people who share my love of S4.
  • "haters" spilling their negativity keep people from buying the game
  • Why are you making a big deal about that bug. The developers will fix it in a patch.
  • Just because you don't like the aesthetics/gameplay, doesn't mean you can go around bringing it up. I like it so let me like it in peace.
  • if you mention any of the above, you're just trying to start an argument
  • if you mention any of the above, you hate the game and should go to the receptacle

I could probably come up with more if I had more time. A community within a community? Yeah, because when you shut out a sizable swath of people, that does tend to happen.
Mad Poster
#4520 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:11 PM
Those are pretty common things to hear from people around here. I just don't get the whole "Your negativity is ruining the game for me" thing. You know how many bad games and movies I enjoy even though the rest of the world seems to hate them? Saints Row IV is amazing to me XD

If you're letting other people's opinion of the game ruin it for you...you probably deserve to have it ruined :/

That being said, the "If you like this game you must be sucking up to EA" and "Look how many disagrees you have! You must be wrong about other people liking the game!" things need to stop too. I don't work for EA but I like the game. I think it sucks and EA should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking this is a step up from any of the previous sims games.....but I like it. It's just another part of that list of bad games that I still enjoy XD
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4521 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:16 PM
Yeah, how can someone else not liking macaroni cheese when I do make it taste horrible to me?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#4522 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Those are pretty common things to hear from people around here. I just don't get the whole "Your negativity is ruining the game for me" thing. You know how many bad games and movies I enjoy even though the rest of the world seems to hate them? Saints Row IV is amazing to me XD...

It is a weird thing, and something I've been thinking about a lot recently. Is it simply because people are increasingly looking to the internet to have their opinions validated?

For example, it's no longer possible to just enjoy a (possibly bad) game in isolation. We must now look to the internet for people to support our feelings about said game, and if our feelings aren't shared, our feelings aren't valid. I guess?

I dunno guys, it's a weird thing. I blame social media.
Forum Resident
#4523 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
In this post, I see a lot of mention about "us vs them" but I only see the example of those that are unhappy with S4 (as well as the mention of your list). What about those poor, mistreated people who love the game explaining away people who dislike S4 as haters and whiners? I think what's missing is a list for the other side. Here you go.

If you want to have a mature conversation that includes negative and positive aspects of the game, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop saying the following
  • what's missing in the game has been talked about to death, so please stop bringing all of them up
  • stop comparing it to the other Sims games. It's a brand new game and should evaluated by its own merits
  • I haven't had that problem with the game so it doesn't exist
  • threads filled with people who dislike S4 are just echo chambers, I know this because I frequent places that are filled with people who share my love of S4.
  • "haters" spilling their negativity keep people from buying the game
  • Why are you making a big deal about that bug. The developers will fix it in a patch.
  • Just because you don't like the aesthetics/gameplay, doesn't mean you can go around bringing it up. I like it so let me like it in peace.
  • if you mention any of the above, you're just trying to start an argument
  • if you mention any of the above, you hate the game and should go to the receptacle

I could probably come up with more if I had more time. A community within a community? Yeah, because when you shut out a sizable swath of people, that does tend to happen.

You are right about some of those things...

Except for the game being evaluated by it's own merit. Some professional reviewers actually go by that. I think the only time they don't is for games that have annual releases and the question has to be asked "Should you just skip this year's version of the game?"

Also, no one is stopping anyone from this thread from posting in any other thread in this forum right? If you try to post in any other thread in this forum will you get some kind of invalid/ban page? If not then you are not being shut out. I see plenty of people that post in here and post in other threads too.

Just like the other stickied thread (Sims 1v2v3v4), I think the mods just wanted to combine all the "This game is bad threads" into one just as they wanted to create a all encompassing "How does this game rate to TS2, TS3?" threads into one. I doubt there was this malicious intent to quarantine certain users, if they were trying to do that they could have just outright banned certain users. They just wanted to control the amount of copy threads that were popping up most likely. ( I can't think for them after all).

But all in all I think that this is a TS4 forum so it's natural that some people are more likely to expect positive things on this forum than negative things and not everyone that likes the game thinks that way. I've never attacked someone's opinion. If I call people haters it's because well...if you say there is not a single thing good about the game then you are in fact and in literal terms...hate the game. It's not to say you are dumb or stupid or anything but just the fact that you hate this particular product shouldn't really be some insult. Just the same if someone said "Oh, they are a lover!" a what? Why doesn't anyone say that? It's silly. Of course people hate or love certain things and that controls their natural bias towards certain things. It really shouldn't be taken as a insult I feel but then again you know what...traversing the tumblrverse has taught me that people can be insulted by any little thing so whatever I guess. Any ways I ramble.

I guess my main point is that there is a us vs them thing going on here I feel. So instead of just getting people individually discussing their various opinions about the game it feels like we are getting a group of people for the game and against it. The people in the middle are just hopelessly in the middle wondering what's going on any ways, will probably get caught in the crossfire and as a result will just decide to lurk again because they had no idea why their opinion whether it be positive or negative was attacked so harshly.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Mad Poster
#4524 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Those are pretty common things to hear from people around here. I just don't get the whole "Your negativity is ruining the game for me" thing. You know how many bad games and movies I enjoy even though the rest of the world seems to hate them? Saints Row IV is amazing to me XD

For me, it's Super Mario Brothers, the movie. I love it, but the rest of the world acts like it is a pimple on the back of their behinds...but this doesn't stop me from loving it. (I think it's because of that "Love is a Drug" song when Mario dances with Big Bertha at the club. I love that song.)

Mad Poster
#4525 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:57 PM
Well it is quite the stain on both the Mario franchise and movies in general....but it was an entertaining stain XD
Locked thread
Page 181 of 223