Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2626 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
I really think the game could use some kind of generations expansion to flesh out the family stuff first.

^This. Generations and some kind of city/night life expansion that'll give us cars!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2627 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Face it. If it turns out cats are too hard, do you really think toddlers stand a chance?

They are pretty similar; both only show affection when they want something, neither come immediately when you call. Both crawl, eat out of a bowl, yowl when upset, make the house smell like poo, and sometimes vomit on your floor.

>_>

I still want both in my game though.
Field Researcher
#2628 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Face it. If it turns out cats are too hard, do you really think toddlers stand a chance?

Heh, well I actually don't really care about toddlers all that much. I mean, I'm not against them being in the game, but it's a life stage I usually end up skipping. I will admit that this point I just wish they'd just put toddlers in already so the great fandom toddler ragefest can finally end. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I do think EA will add them to the game eventually and that there's a decent chance that they'll even be free. I just hope that when they come, toddlers are less of a tedious grind and more hilarious and interesting than their previous versions.

There are other life stages I'd like to see fleshed out more, though. Unique socials and objects for elders. Something that truly differentiates adults from young adults like looks or a midlife crisis. Teens that don't look like they're 30. Stuff like that.
Alchemist
#2629 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:22 AM
I am so hoping they do something with the teens. I'd love to see an improvement there before anything else, (other than bug fixes)
One Minute Ninja'd
#2630 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:54 AM
The teens need a major overhaul, but it's late in the game to hope for that. I mean, one of the biggest problems with teens is their size, literally. I can't see them remaking all those teen skeletons and all the associated clothing just to get teens appearing more "teenlike". It does open the door, however, to some kind of "tween", bigger than a child, but smaller than the adult sized tall teens they went with. It would make the big teens seem less jarring, as you could picture the tween as a 14 year old, and the current teen as the 17 or 18 year old "grown up".

But I do hope if tweens get added they don't get to "mess around" under the covers like the teens can, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2631 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:08 AM
Agreeing with the above, I'm not exactly pro pets now either. It's cute, but the game is lacking where it counts, especially the base game.

Let's check the expansions:
-Camping
-Careers/Owning A Business
-Dogs

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#2632 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:18 AM
No interest in pets yet, here either.

Much rather a City Life EP or Hobbies EP/GP.
Theorist
#2633 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:44 AM
Yes, a City Life EP would be nice as well.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#2634 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:01 AM
Now I'm kinda hoping they give us a pets EP....with just dogs. Just hear how they'd justify that. Because we all know they would do some shit like that XD
Instructor
#2635 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:16 AM
Do you think that we will have more vacation worlds either in expansions or game packs? I want an amusement park.
Mad Poster
#2636 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:52 AM
An amusement park sounds cool in theory but I could see myself getting bored of that really fast (especially if it's done in the usual TS4 manner). Not saying I don't want one, just saying I don't want it to be the main focus of an EP. It could be one of those Game Packs
Instructor
#2637 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:56 AM
I was thinking just a game pack. But it to be less of the small boardwalk style like in TS3, and more Disney World like. Like the whole world IS the park, and there is either one or two hotels inside of the park.

But of course the hotels wouldn't be TS2 style awesomeness. I'm sure they would make them like TS3 apartments.
Field Researcher
#2638 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 4:22 AM
That would be a really good idea for a game pack. If they're smart, they can really do some great things with these game packs, like extra vacation worlds/adventures. I really want a water park game pack. We've had the tombs and ninja yoga retreats, now I want my sims to really be able to do some awesome water activities without the problem that Island Paradise had. Splash Water Kingdom baby!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Mad Poster
#2639 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pentabet
You're not alone; 3 sizes for dogs, and 2 sizes for cats should do it this time.

If they can't even find the development time to create teens of a different height I very much doubt there will be pets of multiple sizes this time around.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2640 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 10:46 AM
Default One-stop Place for all Expansions
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
http://simsvip.com/2015/04/16/commu...tor/#more-50492

The dog hints continue.

I'm wondering why they're only doing dogs, not pets in general.

It's always a good time to pull out the survey they did for Sims 4 expansions & gamepacks. Dunno why people never seem to use it, but it was pretty accurate for the Sims 3, and the Sims 4 so far.

http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...escriptions-and

So far for expansions, we got a bit of the career one and a bit of the vigilante one, plus retail (not listed on survey).

For the gameplay pack, we got the 'Wilderness' one.

Calling it now- we're getting the 'Dogs' gameplay pack next. Maybe the 'Pets' one, but that's a stretch since we just got an expansion.

Interestingly enough, we have yet to see any of the 'General Content' list, or the 'Content A' list. These ones tend to be more about individual themes that would be insufficient for a gameplay pack or an expansion. Could it be linked to the fact that the store they were talking about never materialized?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2641 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by (from Honeywell)
Will he age up to become friendly and loyal, or aggressive and independent? Your interactions with your dog shape his future!

So if they can do it for dogs, why have they STILL not got learning AI for the human sim children?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#2642 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:28 PM
So will the dog be a sim in a dog costume? If so... the puppies might be toddlers in a dog costume! Or we might get toddler costumes for the puppies?
Lab Assistant
#2643 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:53 PM
If the next expansion is pets, then I doubt that EA will make much more expansions for the sims 4. Pets as the second expansion mean they want money now. Maybe they give this game 2 or 3 more expansions that everybody wants, like weather, magic.. and that’s it for sims 4. I am not even sure if I want to hope for sims 5 the way this game going.
Lab Assistant
#2644 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:58 PM
Isn't it too soon for Pets? I once heard that The Sims' Team was working on The Sims 3 Pet's since TS3's base game release.
Mad Poster
#2645 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karamela131
If the next expansion is pets, then I doubt that EA will make much more expansions for the sims 4. Pets as the second expansion mean they want money now. Maybe they give this game 2 or 3 more expansions that everybody wants, like weather, magic.. and that’s it for sims 4. I am not even sure if I want to hope for sims 5 the way this game going.

Well IF the next content released is a pets pack of some kind, I can only hope that this means the pets will have more to do in later packs with the base for them having already been set in place. Can't really see it working like that though.
It was stated a while ago by gurus that if TS4 does badly there will be NO TS5.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#2646 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
It was stated a while ago by gurus that if TS4 does badly there will be NO TS5.

No. It was stated by Grant, who's always been known to spout bullshit every time he logged on to twitter, plus he's not with EAxis anymore. Take what he says with a grain of salt.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2647 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
plus he's not with EAxis anymore.

As far as I know he is. They just stripped him of his public voice.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2648 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:46 PM
Really? I assumed you quit (or his case got let go) when you lose your SimGuru title
Mad Poster
#2649 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:10 PM
It's true. They put the genie back in the bottle.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#2650 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vertigo
Isn't it too soon for Pets? I once heard that The Sims' Team was working on The Sims 3 Pet's since TS3's base game release.

In TS3's day, that was true, they needed a long lead time to get that stuff done right. But you know the new mantra for this go around, Things Change™.
Locked thread
Page 106 of 447