Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One Minute Ninja'd
#4626 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
I'm almost 30 and still not finished past puberty!

Well...............I'm sure your voice will finally change any day now. Maybe.
Advertisement
Scholar
#4627 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I just hope they introduce teens under 30, then they can work back from there.

But the YAs look barely 20 thanks to their ultra-smooth skin...

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Alchemist
#4628 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
But the YAs look barely 20 thanks to their ultra-smooth skin...

That's why certain Chillgood doctors are supposed to be in their basement toiling away on blemishes. Tsk.
Scholar
#4629 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
That's why certain Chillgood doctors are supposed to be in their basement toiling away on blemishes. Tsk.

Hey, I was a brain surgeon, not a plastic surgeon.

I realized that TS4's brain was too chemically damaged to heal. If EA would come up with the wonder drug to reverse the brain damage, I could enhance TS4's brain function beyond average.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#4630 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well...............I'm sure your voice will finally change any day now. Maybe.

It's one of those things that actually already happened. It's not like all of these things still have to happen.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#4631 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
...snip...Edit: I think introducing toddlers would not be any harder than introducing plumbots, werewolves, plantsims, etc... Because they're basically introducing a new race and putting it in between the baby and child stage. That is all.

I think you may have misinterpreted my argument.
My point was, that it probably IS harder to put toddlers (or any life stage) into the existing game than say, add werewolves, plumbots, ghosts, or any other life state that can use the existing animations and interactions for, let's say, the adult stage.

So using Sims 2 University as an example where they added a life stage that was exclusive to that expansion, hopefully they could make an expansion for Sims 4 where the base coding of that expansion could allow toddlers to function. But I see no precedant in the Sims series for adding a life stage to the base game itself and therefore toddlers would be exclusive to the theoretical expansion.

I'm a scientist/statistician by trade (could you tell ) and I wanted to try and make sense of all the hedging that EA are producing about this topic by observing what we already know, rather than rely on tweets and heresay.... and getting all worked up about it, as we tend to do

I also think they have badly miscalculated the strength of feeling about toddlers and because of what I've summised and the fact they left them out of the base program for whatever reasons (probably cutting corners), have painted themselves into rather an awkward corner.

Whew! I need a drink after that load of waffle....

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Lab Assistant
#4632 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
I think you may have misinterpreted my argument. (...)
:

Urm, wasn't Sims 4 supposed to have that very stable, very flexible FOUNDATION, a very good base for further additions etc. pp ad infinitum?
Although right now even toddlers wouldn't pull me back in. Even an open world and CAST wouldn't pull that off, because, and I really start to understand the Sims 2 crowd, I already have that. And I really don't like the overall style of this sequel - the should rename it to "Normcore Simulator 2014".

Oh, by the way, being over 30 and feeling so much younger: I thought so myself, and then I had to go back to school. The real one, not university or College - I think the equivalent in the US would be the last classes of high school. Dear Lord. I'm so not 17 anymore. And I never, ever want to go back there. As a matter of fact, I'm aging rapidly and now I am over 30 and feeling like 60. The weirdest part is that they brought the 80s back around here just in time, why would you do that? Back than I was young and I didn't know what I was doing, but now my eyes are open and jesus, the hair, the hair alone...
Lab Assistant
#4633 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
God, that reminds me of how much we desperately need a new CAW tool. TS2 pretty much had a built in CAW. TS3 gave us.....something.....And TS4 has given us nothing but 50 lots to work with :/

My memory regarding this game are a bit bad but didn't TS1 give us more than 2 neighborhoods?

I was also routing for a tool like that, and than I saw this video: https://youtu.be/GBLMwocAFrk?t=9m49s

This is what the "world" looks like if you only zoom out far enough. It's also the answer to never ending discussion about bringing back open worlds, after you've seen that, you just know it won't happen, and you also know that you don't want CAW anymore because it's the final disillusionment.
Forum Resident
#4634 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
Urm, wasn't Sims 4 supposed to have that very stable, very flexible FOUNDATION, a very good base for further additions etc. pp ad infinitum?

Exactly why I say they have painted themselves into a corner. They went on about this "great engine" but they forgot a few things which are now coming back to bite them....

BTW... if your feeling older than you are... remember this, "you are only as old as you feel"... so go and do something that makes you feel younger and DO NOT mention the hair! Mine left with the ex

p.s. It's rooting for something you want, routing is finding a route or destination. But be careful how you use rooting because in NZ and Aussie it can have a totally different meaning!

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4635 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 8:41 AM
routing is finding a route or destination

Nah, it's machining out a groove in timber :P

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#4636 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 9:34 AM
I was also routing for a tool like that, and than I saw this video: https://youtu.be/GBLMwocAFrk?t=9m49s

This is what the "world" looks like if you only zoom out far enough. It's also the answer to never ending discussion about bringing back open worlds, after you've seen that, you just know it won't happen, and you also know that you don't want CAW anymore because it's the final disillusionment.

Actually, if every "neighborhood" is just a couple of lots inside a "bubble" like that, wouldn't it be easy to just create new bubbles? Sure it's not a large unified world (though I thought that was pretty clear from the very start) but this should actually make it easier to just create a lot of new "neighborhoods"/bubbles.
Just sculpt a bit of Terrain, place lots, decorations, set where the sun and moon should appear and place the fake horizon.

Makes you really effing wonder why they included so few of these bubbles with the game or why are so stingy with adding new neighborhoods/worlds/whatever with GTW.

Or why they haven't given us a CAW yet; Could it be that they are embarrassed about how they set things up?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#4637 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I remember in TS2, I use to have this program that allows you to swap your sims adult model with a teen's, thus keeping them short until they die. It was awesome.

BTW, I noticed in TS4 download, someone created a partial story progression mod. Anyone tried it?

Yes and it does make the town interesting for my unplayed households, even if it's superficial and limited, not the mod's fault. Pregnancies and hook-ups are going on now for the unplayed sims.

ETA:
I think you may have misinterpreted my argument.
My point was, that it probably IS harder to put toddlers (or any life stage) into the existing game than say, add werewolves, plumbots, ghosts, or any other life state that can use the existing animations and interactions for, let's say, the adult stage.

If it does happen, it may take a couple of years because animations is so hard and would take many months to complete. I've stopped looking forward to toddlers.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#4638 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:24 AM Last edited by Simsica : 18th Apr 2015 at 11:38 AM.
I played GTA V that my boyfriend bought on release. I managed not to kill anyone, and survived.

That world!

Oh.My.God.

Let me say that again: Oh.My.God.

Well, apparently, I'm almost speechless.

I want this technology for my Sims! Pronto! Now! Yesterday! And tomorrow!

ETA: imagining my Sims dropping coffee cups on the floor (clumsy!), hitting their heads on the edges of the tables, cats climbing over the cabinets and jumping over half-walls onto the dining tables, then skittering underneath it; kids scraping knees by accidentally slipping down the stairs - because the floors, the cabinets, the half-walls, and Sims' heads and knees are actual, physical objects in the actual, physical world. Actually, it's virtual, but there's hardly any difference for the Sims

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#4639 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
It's because the Sims is not like any other game, some even say it is not a game at all. And people play it for all the different reasons and for some it is a very vital thing. It can bring about an emotional investment that no racing, role-playing or simulation game could ever come up with. I would go so far and say that a lot of Simmers are not gamers, i.e., other games will interest them as little as it does a non-gamer.
And I'm pretty sure that a lot of Receptacularists are so pissed off because TS4 is trying so hard to be a "Game". Why? What for? It used to be the only game that was not a game and we liked or loved it just because of this. We used to rule, we used to use it as a tool, a toy, a projection screen. What was wrong with that? Why limit us? What was so embarrasing for the developers with regard to that they decided that this should not be part of their vision? This was the fucking essence of the Sims - and nothing else.

Discussions of this issue started way back in the middle of the Sims 3 cycle, and every time this topic came up the unanimous opinion was: For Heaven's sake, EA, don't! Stop right there! Don't limit us any further! For years we've been alarming them here, in other forums and in their official places and the result of all of it is: THIS! TS4 - the pinnacle of gamified inanity. Flailing limbs and duckfaced smiles of emotional borderliners shuffling like gorillas through a plastic box with bubblegum rocks and cocktail stirrer trees who cannot even tell a bathroom from a dining room.

As Eric Cantona (the King) would say, I love you Don. I don't know why, but I love you. Here, take this
Scholar
#4640 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 12:37 PM
I am having visions.

I am actually having visions now. Have I gone mad?

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#4641 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
I can't say for sure how people read something but what I can say is that for what you meant you didn't misuse the "some people here" and using "certain" in place of "some" wouldn't change the meaning at all. However, it's a combination of words that can mean two things. Firstly, it can mean exactly what your intent was--referring to part of the people in a larger group. Secondly, it can be a rather snarky comment used to implicate a particular person or group of people out of a larger group. When spoken aloud in the second usage the word "some" or "certain" is generally emphasized. There are so many inflections and tones when vocalizing something to indicate the meaning of the comment and unfortunately those tones are next to impossible to convey through simple writing.

Thanks for that explanation I wasn't aware of the second meaning. As you may have noticed, I really really don't like to be misunderstood and can become very ehm..passionate about getting my message across clearly and won't stop easily. At this point, ppl who know me then usually tell me 'Yeeeeess!, it is perfectly clear now, geez ! Now shut up already!' Which I then take as a sign that it is time to shut up :/

Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
No, there really wasn't anything wrong with how you worded your sentence. As I tried to explain previously, the problem was you were just one more person who was unnecessarily ganging up to criticize the people in this thread. Because what you say is true, but what you seem to be forgetting is that it works both ways. There are plenty of people who like the game who are also generalizing about people who don't.

Ah ok. I don't like that generalising for whatever reason. So I wasn't taking sides or anything. When visiting this thread that day, I just saw some do it and wanted to write something about it. Just so you know, if it was done by people who like TS4, I would've written the same thing.
Mad Poster
#4642 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
I played GTA V that my boyfriend bought on release. I managed not to kill anyone, and survived.

That world!

Oh.My.God.

Let me say that again: Oh.My.God.

Well, apparently, I'm almost speechless.

I want this technology for my Sims! Pronto! Now! Yesterday! And tomorrow!

ETA: imagining my Sims dropping coffee cups on the floor (clumsy!), hitting their heads on the edges of the tables, cats climbing over the cabinets and jumping over half-walls onto the dining tables, then skittering underneath it; kids scraping knees by accidentally slipping down the stairs - because the floors, the cabinets, the half-walls, and Sims' heads and knees are actual, physical objects in the actual, physical world. Actually, it's virtual, but there's hardly any difference for the Sims

GTA V is amazing. Best one in the series since San Andreas. If we could get that world for the Sims, I'd be beyond happy
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4643 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 18th Apr 2015 at 2:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anais123
As Eric Cantona (the King) would say, I love you Don. I don't know why, but I love you. Here, take this
Hehe, I'm going to show this to the person that I am currently trying to convince to love me: "See? There are people who love my without knowing why. And I goddamned want you to do the same!" Love without reason, it's the best! :lovestruc :grabs more chocolate and rum:

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Nah, it's machining out a groove in timber :P
And for the person who disagreed on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router_(woodworking)
Forum Resident
#4644 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:12 PM

And for the person who disagreed on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Router_(woodworking)

Wasn't me, honestly! :lovestruc

I used to own a router years ago... nearly took my fingers off with it

Lab Assistant
#4645 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 3:35 PM
Hehe, I'm going to show this to the person that I am currently trying to convince to love me: "See? There are people who love my without knowing why. And I goddamned want you to do the same!" Love without reason, it's the best! :lovestruc :grabs more chocolate and rum:

I watched Looking for Eric last night (I love Ken Loach!), it's such a good film. "Love without reason, it's the best", that's exactly what they say at the beginning of the film!

And a router is a fantastic tool actually!
Lab Assistant
#4646 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:34 PM Last edited by SuperFake : 18th Apr 2015 at 5:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Actually, if every "neighborhood" is just a couple of lots inside a "bubble" like that, wouldn't it be easy to just create new bubbles? Sure it's not a large unified world (though I thought that was pretty clear from the very start) but this should actually make it easier to just create a lot of new "neighborhoods"/bubbles.
Just sculpt a bit of Terrain(Sculpting what? You mean, like shifting the planet core? because that's how complicated this feature is, just ask a guru), place lots, decorations, set where the sun and moon should appear and place the fake horizon.

Makes you really effing wonder why they included so few of these bubbles with the game or why are so stingy with adding new neighborhoods/worlds/whatever with GTW.

Or why they haven't given us a CAW yet; Could it be that they are embarrassed about how they set things up?

Well, that one is easy, why give people a fishing pole, if you can sell them one fish at a time.
Mad Poster
#4647 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 4:59 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 19th Apr 2015 at 2:08 AM.
Well, that one is easy, why give people a fishing pole, if you can sell them one fish at a time.

You mean one fishing spot, do you :P
One Minute Ninja'd
#4648 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:33 PM
A fish wouldn't be so bad. This is more like selling you the fish a few scales at a time.
Lab Assistant
#4649 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
A fish wouldn't be so bad. This is more like selling you the fish a few scales at a time.

...and the scales look suspiciously like they are made out of plastic and have never seen a fish, and of course they can't swim in the ocean. Or the river. Or the lake. Only in the pool, and that's complicated enough.
Mad Poster
#4650 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 5:47 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 18th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM.
So, EA is Lew Zealand?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Locked thread
Page 186 of 223