Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#20351 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Edit to avoid double post: On reddit someone says mortimer wouldn't use one toilet because it was broken, and another because it was dirty. Is it possible all these stomped actions are because of an actual reason, it's just that the game is failing to provide any feedback on what the problem is?

If it was because the toilet was dirty, in TS3, the option to use it would be greyed out if the sim is a neat freak, and clicking on Use would bring up a note saying that Neat sims won't use dirty objects. If it was because the toilet was broken, then that is a bit unusual, because clogged toilets were usable in TS2 and TS3, but are not usable in TS1, so this could be the case assuming it's not because the game is bugged, which it is.

Speaking of which, did SimCity's community implode to a massive scale when SimCity 2013 turned out to be a massive disappointment? Because it looks like TS4 is going to be much worse than SC2013 with how messed up the game is from the live demos and other previews of the game so far.

And you can add me to the list of TS4 survivors, as I cancelled my TS4 pre-order.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#20352 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:53 AM
So… when the simgurus said aaaawesome, they mean… Aaawesome that all those morons still believe in us. Aaaawesome that we still have a job and take a salary. Aaaawesome that we will continue to have this job and sell this glitchy crippled game.
Well from their point of view is really aaawesome…
Mad Poster
#20353 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:02 AM
Aaawesome that despite all of our hollering, ranting, raving and bitching, EA will still makes hundreds of millions of dollars selling Sim 4 and all the attached DLC to unsuspecting customers who have no idea what they're buying besides the name.

It's simple: EA just has no shame anymore.
Scholar
#20354 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
If it was because the toilet was dirty, in TS3, the option to use it would be greyed out if the sim is a neat freak, and clicking on Use would bring up a note saying that Neat sims won't use dirty objects. If it was because the toilet was broken, then that is a bit unusual, because clogged toilets were usable in TS2 and TS3, but are not usable in TS1, so this could be the case assuming it's not because the game is bugged, which it is.

Speaking of which, did SimCity's community implode to a massive scale when SimCity 2013 turned out to be a massive disappointment? Because it looks like TS4 is going to be much worse than SC2013 with how messed up the game is from the live demos and other previews of the game so far.

And you can add me to the list of TS4 survivors, as I cancelled my TS4 pre-order.

SimTropolis, which I think is the closest MTS analog for SimCity, has had one thread bumped in its SC2013 General Discussion forum in the last 24 hours. I've mentioned that it has a small core of modders, so most activity is them discussing stuff amongst themselves. For a while, especially with big mod releases, there was some decent discussion on reddit, but lately sc2013 = instant downvote. The purists play SimCity 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#20355 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
So, wait. What was the big thing about today's video?

Somone (almost) peeing himself because there's no one to fix the toilet?

Why didn't they just call the repair man- Ohh.

Edit: What kind of chaotic high-class suburbia is this? People can man space crafts but there's no one in town to call for a broken toilet or a fire?

The land where everyone has a Master's but no one wants a trade.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#20356 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 4:29 AM
http://www.thesims.com/news/familia...of-willow-creek

OH MY GOD WHO WROTE THIS THING?????
Quote:
We all know that our teenage years can be an awkward time, but Cassandra, [unnecessary comma] is a stunner and has obviously followed in her Mother’s genetic footsteps!

Quote:
As you get to know the Pancakes you will have a chance to explore just what’s keeping these two together? [Question mark despite the sentence not... being... a question...]

And I mean that's just on a technical level--the writing itself sounds like it was done by a grade-schooler. Okay, maybe not by--but definitely for. Excessive exclamation points, shallow points of conflict, overly simplistic word choice. Bleh.

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Instructor
#20357 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
If it was because the toilet was dirty, in TS3, the option to use it would be greyed out if the sim is a neat freak, and clicking on Use would bring up a note saying that Neat sims won't use dirty objects.

But there's no clean option! Unless when you're uncomfortable you can't clean and it doesn't pop up?

I guess it makes more sense in "spanish"
Quote:
As you get to know the Pancakes you will have a chance to explore ¿just what’s keeping these two together?

lol
that "just" kinda ruins the sentece though, but i'm no english major
Field Researcher
#20358 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:04 AM
"...relationships are more complex to manage – and the larger the family, the more challenge there is to be had."

Uh.. sure. Except the challenge of babies and toddlers is gone. So, no, large families aren't really a challenge to be had.
Mad Poster
#20359 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
"...relationships are more complex to manage – and the larger the family, the more challenge there is to be had."

Uh.. sure. Except the challenge of babies and toddlers is gone. So, no, large families aren't really a challenge to be had.

The challenge is that when you have a house full of sims they will never listen to you. It's like that part in Home Alone when the pizza dude tried to get someone to pay up, but everyone is running around like headless chickens.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Field Researcher
#20360 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:18 AM
"Here’s the breakdown: Dennis Kim and Lydia Spencer had a daughter named Alice Spencer-Kim, then they divorced. Their daughter Alice married Eric Lewis and they had their own little girl named Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Alice, Eric and little Olivia recently moved back in with their parents; Alice’s dad and Eric’s mom. "

Hey you know what would help me keep track of all this shit? A goddamn FAMILY TREE!
Forum Resident
#20361 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims.com
Can they turn around some quick cash before their savings run out or will they find themselves stumbling around once their power gets cut? Hey, no one ever said having a family was easy and with this many mouths to feed, this family definitely isn’t!

Don't worry they'll be stumbling around, walking thru stuff and being hard to manage without the power going out!! (thinks about Sims4 gameplay) ......... ..............
Scholar
#20362 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:07 AM
Oh. His last name is literally Pancakes. I thought that was a nickname.

Eck...

Quote:
Let’s not forget Willow Creek’s love triangle. Free spirit Liberty Lee, cheerful Summer Holiday, and geeky Travis Scott make a pretty unlikely group of friends. At first, it seems like nothing can come between the bond that these three share. Will anyone be happy when this love triangle finally resolves itself?

Me when they're all killed off in a fire as punishment for having stupid names.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#20363 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
"Here’s the breakdown: Dennis Kim and Lydia Spencer had a daughter named Alice Spencer-Kim, then they divorced. Their daughter Alice married Eric Lewis and they had their own little girl named Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Alice, Eric and little Olivia recently moved back in with their parents; Alice’s dad and Eric’s mom. "

Hey you know what would help me keep track of all this shit? A goddamn FAMILY TREE!

That would be to difficult for them to include in the game. But you can use a piece of paper and a pencil for that.
Forum Resident
#20364 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Oh. His last name is literally Pancakes. I thought that was a nickname...

More pure undistilled and unnecessary drivel from the Sims team! Just call him Mr Bob FFS!

Pancake and Mrs Bob, what is so difficult with that? Then we can all call him Pancake Bob. Easy. Or maybe even "Pancake Bob" Smith and Mrs Smith. Whatever...

When they come up with something so obviously stupid as this it is easy to see where all the other bad decisions came from...
Forum Resident
#20365 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:06 AM
Quote:
Will anyone be happy when this love triangle finally resolves itself?

Have a T-rated threesome and get over it.....

(This forum has turned me from a shy, anti-social person who keeps to themself, into a ranting, anti-social lunatic! I love it.... )
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20366 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
He gets into the bed where his teenage daughter is sleeping on the other side. Is he supposed to be able to do this? Is it possible to do this in an unmodded Sims3 game or the other earlier games?

In sims 3, sims "know" their bed on the whole. But only after the first time they sleep in it. If this was a fresh unplayed game it is possible in any of the games for a parent to share a bed with their own child - provided the relationship is high enough.

Does MTS have an "other games" section? It would be a good way for those of us who don't buy TS4 to stay in touch.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20367 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:46 AM
Greater Gaming World forum : http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=571

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20368 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:29 AM
Wow. Just... wow. The glitches and the clipping and the disobeying and just... everything. It looks awful. No wonder they're not letting reviewers get a copy in advance.

The horribadness kinda makes me want to play it for an evening, just to laugh at how fucking BAD it is... but I ain't paying a cent for that shitshow.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#20369 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:36 AM
Reading Honeywell's post.

Scholar
#20370 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 8:43 AM
Alright, time to give this beast a watch. Honeywell's report gave a good indication of what's in store Maybe I'll do the honorary clipping/fail montage, if it's bad enough.

And thanks to @queziacristina for letting me know that you're supposed to submit via twitter! There's a new contest for today, if anyone else want to take part.
Quote:
Today's Create-A-Sim challenge: Morrigan, the stunning Witch from Dragon Age.
Tag your submission with #OriginCASChallenge to participate.
And it's Morrigan, my second least favorite Dragon Age character! Yay! Oh well, at least it's not Zevran *prepares for the incoming hate*

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Test Subject
#20371 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Edit to avoid double post: On reddit someone says mortimer wouldn't use one toilet because it was broken, and another because it was dirty. Is it possible all these stomped actions are because of an actual reason, it's just that the game is failing to provide any feedback on what the problem is?

Mortimer refusing to use the toilet seems to have nothing to do with toilet itself. He also refused to take bath after he'd peed himself and gurus had noticed it.
I'd like to say something positive, just for a change...I actually liked romantic interactions on a couch between Mort and Bella. They weren't passionate, but they looked cute, cuter than anything TS3 sims can do on a couch, for sure. But then strange glitch happened and interactions started to cancel themselves, and then there was emotionless boring woohoo. So the overall impression is not positive.
I also liked kitchen island in the first house they played in. And they finally showed this dinner party thing, but what a surprise, it ended up being boring disaster like most of TS3 parties, with sims wandering around mansion on their own, playing chess, reading books, eating in different places, not really creating active company.
As for the rest, no, no and no again. Not impressive.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#20372 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:20 AM
I didn't watch it but from what I read here am I right in assuming that it is clear now that TS4 is an offline, single-player Player vs Engine (PvE) experience?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20373 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:26 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 29th Aug 2014 at 9:42 AM.
The producers who did the livestream must be furious. Don't forget they don't do the actual programming, they just ask for x stuff to be done in y way in z time. They probably expected all this to work properly, and have been let down by their actual programming team. I can just imagine the conversations that took place afterwards - without any yelling or finger jabbing of course, as that would be workplace bullying

Edit: No wonder they're so keen to facilitate modding - it looks like the only way they're going to get real programmers on the job!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#20374 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:47 AM
Why on earth would they expect it to work now? Surely somebody has squawked - or had shortness of breath, palpitations and complaints of night sweats.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20375 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
The producers who did the livestream must be furious. Don't forget they don't do the actual programming, they just ask for x stuff to be done in y way in z time. They probably expected all this to work properly, and have been let down by their actual programming team.

Yea, heaven forbid that they should actually test it or do quality control.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread
Page 815 of 920