Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#826 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
well,
I have been playing the sims since its release in 2000. I have full collections of ts1 and ts2. I even have some eps of ts3 although I can't abide this game. It's only to prove how dedicated I am. With TS4 I hoped it would be a rightful sucessor of ts2. And I was determined to like the game.
And I must confess I ( lukewarm) like it. Still believe it has a lot of potential. However, I am a bit disappointed with it.
-The build mode is overadvertised ; instead of being intuitive it is constant frustration for me.
-Interface is too big, I mean the box showing in the bottom right corner
-The tasks and unblocking of objects etc reminds me of online gaming
-The constant surveillance from the origin and many more
It's like somone here mentioned...it seems to me Ea wanted the game to be more appealing to the younger generation with no regard for us old(er) players.
Do they think we will die out?
Advertisement
Theorist
#827 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
So, like I've said I deinstalled the game and totally forgot that my inet is not working at the moment. So I couldn't reinstall it. Nice move, I already registered it, why do I have to always activate it again? Yeah, I know, patches and stuff. Still, sucky move Origin!

Because the whole Origin thing is a big lie. You don't need a persistent connection, but they never mention the the part where you need a connection for patches that break other stuff. Some fan boys and girls go as far to say that you don't need a connection at all.

Speaking of Lies and Propaganda, I'd like to know where all the so-called advertising was for TS4.

Quote:
"With regards to the year over year comparison, bear in mind that the Sims 4 drove more marketing expense than the titles in the same quarter last year."

Does this mean gurus were paid overtime to tell childish penis jokes? Big wood! HAHAHAHAHA!

It would be nice to see stockholders call EA out for the smoke the constantly try to blow up peoples asses. It won't happen until EA's stocks get down into the teens, but some honesty somewhere would be nice.

Source
Test Subject
#828 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Dude. This is like the only thread people who dislike the game are allowed to have. Go to literally any other thread and it'll be full of people who, like you, think the game is so fantastic so awesome. So why don't you.. Yknow, do that, and stop being a little shit stirrer

And a passive-aggressive one at that, hence the frequent use of smileys after their shit-stirring posts. :P
Instructor
#829 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ForgotmehPassword
And a passive-aggressive one at that, hence the frequent use of smileys after their shit-stirring posts. :P

I agree, it did kind of come across like they were aiming for a reaction haha
Mad Poster
#830 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:28 PM
When you say you don't like something about Sims 4 there seem to be two standard responses that appear randomly - either 'It's the Sims!, it's always been silly, cartoony, glitchy,(fill in the blank). Or 'This is an entirely different game, so go back to Sims 1, 2, 3 if that's what you like."
But they both translate as STFU.
Mad Poster
#831 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I agree, it did kind of come across like they were aiming for a reaction haha

I agree with this statement and replying does nothing but start more crap and frustration. I don't respond or click a disagree because it feels like I'm feeding into their daily emotional need for "Troll teh Forums". I don't know this, just a feeling.

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Does this mean gurus were paid overtime to tell childish penis jokes? Big wood! HAHAHAHAHA!

When I read that at Honeywell's site, I couldn't help but laugh. Then I got to thinking, so inviting all their Yibbers was the expense or all that traveling overseas was the expense? Was it effective? Or all that tweeting was extra for the employees and the time spent was turned in for expenses? Whatever it was, that wasn't money well spent, IMHO.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#832 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
When I read that at Honeywell's site, I couldn't help but laugh. Then I got to thinking, so inviting all their Yibbers was the expense or all that traveling overseas was the expense? Was it effective? Or all that tweeting was extra for the employees and the time spent was turned in for expenses? Whatever it was, that wasn't money well spent, IMHO.

I don't know about that. Maybe the goal wasn't to have S4 a success because they knew after wasting resources midstream that it couldn't be. But they did find that sweet spot where it wasn't a SC'13 either. Essentially paying to avoid another catastrophe.
Mad Poster
#833 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
I don't know about that. Maybe the goal wasn't to have S4 a success because they knew after wasting resources midstream that it couldn't be. But they did find that sweet spot where it wasn't a SC'13 either. Essentially paying to avoid another catastrophe.

I don't play Sims City so I don't know how the advertising was handled for it but I know the advertising for Sims 4 left me...meh. Nothing they were promoting appealed to me or my play style and lots of times the tweeting left me angry. Wanting to know more information was the only reason I kept following some of the SimGurus and The Sims accounts. When the game was close to releasing, I let them all go, too much angry emotions than I cared to feel.

About avoiding a catastrophe, I think the jury's still out on that. We will see in time and what or how the future promotions will go. I have not forgotten.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#834 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:17 PM
What you can do about the "shit stirrer" is click on its username, it will bring you to its profile. There will be a big green "add to your friends list" box; just to the right of that will be "add to your ignore list". Click on that and then confirm. It will then block all its posts. Since no one will be reading them any longer, it will get frustrated and GTFO. You can also report the poster for "shit stirring".

Frankly, I pay no attention to it because:
Quote: Originally posted by it
I don't really care about other people's opinions, I make [up] my own mind.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Inventor
#835 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vorage
well,
I have been playing the sims since its release in 2000. I have full collections of ts1 and ts2. I even have some eps of ts3 although I can't abide this game. It's only to prove how dedicated I am. With TS4 I hoped it would be a rightful sucessor of ts2. And I was determined to like the game.
And I must confess I ( lukewarm) like it. Still believe it has a lot of potential. However, I am a bit disappointed with it.
-The build mode is overadvertised ; instead of being intuitive it is constant frustration for me.
-Interface is too big, I mean the box showing in the bottom right corner
-The tasks and unblocking of objects etc reminds me of online gaming
-The constant surveillance from the origin and many more
It's like somone here mentioned...it seems to me Ea wanted the game to be more appealing to the younger generation with no regard for us old(er) players.
Do they think we will die out?

I feel the same way, and I'm 16!
Scholar
#836 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:24 PM
Am I the only one who can't see DaniCast's posts? Maybe one of the mods stopped us from seeing it...
Alchemist
#837 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Am I the only one who can't see DaniCast's posts? Maybe one of the mods stopped us from seeing it...

I can't see them, either.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#838 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:47 PM
Nor me either

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#839 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 6:49 PM
I think they have been removed
One Minute Ninja'd
#840 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I think they have been removed

And here I thought it was just a nightmare I awoke from to find them all gone. Those insightful posts I was forced to confront really did exist??
Scholar
#841 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 8:33 PM
I think something similar happened to JustListen14, that guy from TS4 Forums- remember that scandal? Maybe leefish or another mod blocked everyone who's every posted in this thread from seeing their posts, even in other threads. I think that might be it (BIG might), because I can't view any of their posts.
One Minute Ninja'd
#842 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 9:53 PM
I think something similar happened to JustListen14, that guy from TS4 Forums- remember that scandal? Maybe leefish or another mod blocked everyone who's every posted in this thread from seeing their posts, even in other threads. I think that might be it (BIG might), because I can't view any of their posts.

I do hope that is not the explanation. If a forum users posts are inappropriate for some other users, the answer is not simply blocking them. Either they don't belong on the forum, or any individual can, if they so choose, ignore them. However, I would hate for someone else to decide who and/or what I should ignore. Really, I'm a big boy, and can tolerate a great deal, I don't need protection.

Although in the past, if a poster was banned, that designation was applied, and their posts remained intact, to bear witness to the reasons for the ban. Making them simply disappear might be a new approach, which, TBH, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
Mad Poster
#843 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:07 PM
I just assumed she blocked me. Is it possible that she blocked all of us? I thought that because I could see that she had been the last poster on a couple of threads and then when I looked, I couldn't see any of her threads. I couldn't look at her profile either.

When posts are deleted, there's still a trace or footprint that they were there.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#844 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I just assumed she blocked me. Is it possible that she blocked all of us? I thought that because I could see that she had been the last poster on a couple of threads and then when I looked, I couldn't see any of her threads. I couldn't look at her profile either.

When posts are deleted, there's still a trace or footprint that they were there.

So if you blocked that many people it could be like your own private forum to chat with the people you agree with - (doesn't seem possible, but whatever).
Forum Resident
#845 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:20 PM
Why do we even discuss this? Let's go back to TS4 stinks!.. or whatever VerDeTerre has to say :D
Mad Poster
#846 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Why do we even discuss this? Let's go back to TS4 stinks!.. or whatever VerDeTerre has to say :D
Oh, you want to talk about Graham? *Ducks and runs*

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#849 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:49 PM
This is starting to get more annoying than anything else. What's going on?
Instructor
#850 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:57 PM
Just to go back to Sims 4 for a sec - opened Origin, prepared to play having not played for 4 weeks, loaded up game, spent 10 minutes on game, closed game again and remembered why I don't play the game.
Locked thread
Page 34 of 223