Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#10551 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I don't get, why so many people of the "I-will-buy-the-game"-side are so overprotective.

I guess it's just natural, they feel like taking a side buying the game and have to defend themselves when people give the game critic, thinking that they are getting critizised themselves.
I saw a great example yesturday, my friend was angry because she got no job and I got one, she went on and on for 30 minutes talking about why she was no slave and that she never wanted the job anyway
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#10552 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
I'm sick of this story-telling game every week. What a load of BS.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Plot twist: The Sims 4 is actually a text based adventure game.

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Theorist
#10553 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:15 PM
System Requirements are up.

THE SIMS 4 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)

MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
Test Subject
#10554 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rennieroo
Can we all collectively just ignore Tuber101? They've been an unpleasant troll from the very beginning, and obviously wishes they were a Downtown Abbey character: using the term "ill-breeding" is just laughable. Because you're just so prim and proper aren't you?

Don't feed the trolls!

Yeah I lost count of how many times I reported her flame bait posts.

Instead, Original_Sim get perma-banned, and I thought his posts were hilarious.

On second thought, HP why did Original_Sin get banned? And why is it ok for Tuber to keep on trolling this thread?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10555 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:19 PM
That doesn't seem to be kind of much Honeywell. Even this old rig will run that.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#10556 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:21 PM
Let's allow it to run on Windows 2000 while we're at it.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Banned
#10557 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:23 PM
9GB?
#10558 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyberraga
9GB?

Too much for less content.
Scholar
#10559 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyberraga
9GB?

I just eye-bulged at that figure, too - 9GB of what? They've removed pretty much everything that made the game somewhat recognisable as a Sims title, and fill it with 9GB of emotions? Bro-tastic behaviour? Five neighbourhoods with multiple loading screens and limited lots? Really EA - what the fuck is left in this game that's worth 9GB...

...Titanium white...
Theorist
#10560 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
That doesn't seem to be kind of much Honeywell. Even this old rig will run that.

No, it's not. Someone said they were running it on an old lap top last week - I think Lyndsay Pearson. Usually I'm skeptical about the minimum requirements they give but for some reason I think this game really is going to run on less powerful computers -- probably because I'm so unimpressed with the game I think it can't take much to run. I hope so for all of the people planning to buy just because they couldn't play Sims 3 at all on their lower end computers.
Field Researcher
#10561 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
I just eye-bulged at that figure, too - 9GB of what? They've removed pretty much everything that made the game somewhat recognisable as a Sims title, and fill it with 9GB of emotions? Bro-tastic behaviour? Five neighbourhoods with multiple loading screens and limited lots? Really EA - what the fuck is left in this game that's worth 9GB...

Maybe the actuall game will be like 2GB and the rest of 7GB is the "lefttover" of the "Online" component

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Mad Poster
#10562 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Plot twist: The Sims 4 is actually a text based adventure game.

Generations was.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#10563 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:14 PM
Digital Spy Interview with Ryan Vaughan

More of the same. We’re giving you all of these features we claim Simmers have always asked for so that’s why you’re not getting what you expect from a Sims game. But strong foundation to sell you more later! And emotions. And weirder.

Quote:
One thing the game will not include, however, is swimming pools. Weird, considering they’ve been a staple feature of the series since day one - and something that fans of the series have reacted poorly to when the news came out.

It wasn’t just the fans who were surprised, as Vaughan admitted: “The reaction did [take us by surprise]. We know that swimming pools are a core ask of players, and it’s something that people have come to find in the base game with each release.

"[But] one of the challenges with this game is making a new version each time and maintaining those fun, core parts that people expect, but also pushing it in new ways. Pushing those Sims to a new place where you see a lot more expression and emotion and personality - that has a really deep effect on the gameplay. Making that gameplay brand new was our focus.

"Because of that, we put our time and energy into making sure that felt fun and felt right before we went and did some of the stuff that we’ve done in the past.

"At the core we are making a strong foundation as the base game. We hope that over the years to come we’re going to be able to turn it into the thing that people always want - delivering on requests for features and things like that."
Inventor
#10564 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:18 PM
I assume and hope that in the requirements when they said "intel gma" or better, that they also meant intel hd graphics since it's in the intel family.
Banned
#10565 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:19 PM
Maybe in the next 6 years The Sims 4 will be a complete game with everything we want. See ya later!
Instructor
#10566 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shuttlegrannyjo
Nah...I don't think the burglar is a rumor - it was just me misspeaking and thinking "burglar" instead of Repo-man.

I think there is some speculation that the burglar is not included though, due to Grant's tweet about the repo man being borked and too expensive to fix.

Quote:
Also, it's FAR simpler. The repo man never really worked and was crazy expensive to fix. Shutting off the power? Way better.

Source is here (since I'm not hip with twitter and don't know how to embed stuff): http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-s...nd-guru-tweets/

Reason being that the repo man and burglar function in a similar fashion, both enter the home, perform a swipe animation and something random gets taken. Only difference is that the repo man takes things of a certain value. So if the repo man couldn't be coded in, then it's unlikely they could get a burglar to work too.
Field Researcher
#10567 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
These sims look different to me and I don't even think they're using the extreme ends of the sliders in CAS. Two of them look like they might be related.

Edit: It might be easier in TS4 CAS though. Still no demo here so guess I'll give it a go on August 12th.

I'm sorry, they don't look that different to me. The men's noses are all the same. The women have a different nose, but all of them have the same nose. The bone structure is very similar, if not identical for them all. Frankly, I've seen pictures of Sims 3 sims that looked more different than those. I don't know if they were achieved using custom content or not, though. Actually, this reminds me of looking at sims in the exchange? I think it was called for Sims 2. Many people would find one preset face that they thought was pretty and use it for all their sims. The only differences were hairstyle and color, clothing.
Forum Resident
#10568 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:36 PM
Do you guys think, that no ghosts and burglars will be a new toddlergate? I've got the feeling, that we "complainers" are just to used to cuts right now and it won't provoke more than the usual head-shaking and the others are being so overprotective, that they wouldn't care, if they would cut out The Sims.
Instructor
#10569 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SGRyan
“At the core we are making a strong foundation as the base game."

I so wanna bitchslap that guy in his fake, lousy, 'awesome' grin...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10570 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
There is no excuse for Ryan being taken by surprise. Maybe these people should spend more time interacting with their customers at design stage (or all the way through in fact), not wait till the game is a few months from release. The reason people are so loyal to the indie games is their authors tend to maintain a two way relationship all the way through the development and future updating. (That is until they fall under the control of Paradox or something - grrr!)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#10571 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 1:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Do you guys think, that no ghosts and burglars will be a new toddlergate? I've got the feeling, that we "complainers" are just to used to cuts right now and it won't provoke more than the usual head-shaking and the others are being so overprotective, that they wouldn't care, if they would cut out The Sims.

Pretty much, At this point this game has diveded the sims community for another time (it already did in the sims2/sims3 years) but i don't remember it being this bad really
but yeah there are alot of people who kept saying "i don't play with pools/toddlers/cast ect. so i don't mind it being cut." these people wont change over a buglar or ghost
because "burglars where so annoying, everytime i started playing they would break in and steal my toilet or bed", "i never cared for ghosts, they are just in the way"...

also wow at simguru Grant... I know he isn't a loved guy but it's pretty sad reading those tweets and seeying him actually tweet "We didn't think he added to the game. shutting power? way funnier" ... I saw somebody poke fun about that yesterday/few days ago?
that's really just sad... Its starting to become clear these people need some more comedy classes themselfs if you find falling to death in pee funny, but a repo-man stealing your toilet or a random window cause you didn't pay the bills "not adding to the game"...
Mad Poster
#10572 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
I think there is some speculation that the burglar is not included though, due to Grant's tweet about the repo man being borked and too expensive to fix.

Source is here (since I'm not hip with twitter and don't know how to embed stuff): http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-s...nd-guru-tweets/

Reason being that the repo man and burglar function in a similar fashion, both enter the home, perform a swipe animation and something random gets taken. Only difference is that the repo man takes things of a certain value. So if the repo man couldn't be coded in, then it's unlikely they could get a burglar to work too.

Too expensive to fix? What?

We've had a repoman for over a decade. They could probably modify coding from 3 to get it working. If it worked in EVERY OTHER GAME, it should work here.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#10573 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
System Requirements are up.

Does this mean we won't need the disc to play? Like it has a NoCd capability?

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Field Researcher
#10574 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Have this been posted, the game's specs? http://www.thesims.com/faq#what-are...em-requirements

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1

PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent) MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games

VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better

SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

This doesn't look too bad... but I never underestimate EA's ability (or other publishers, come to that) to claim a certain level of requirement and then produce a game that barely runs on a machine that exceeds it.
Lab Assistant
#10575 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 2:35 PM
And has anything been said whether other NPCs are in game yet? Maid? Repairman? They are Base Game NPCs always.

We are a Mom and 24 year old Daughter who love Sims 2, Sims 1, Sims 3 and Sims 4, respectively.
We also share videos of our games on our YouTube channel.
Locked thread
Page 423 of 920