Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11626 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:09 PM
Eye Lashes!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#11627 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Eye Lashes!

They look beautiful! A little blurry at the ends, but for one of the first cc try very good. Not too realistic, therefore fitting the style perfectly. Maxis, was this so hard to do?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11628 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:17 PM
Well, those look a lot better already.

Well before the game is actually released.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#11629 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:17 PM Last edited by Manueldog : 30th Jul 2014 at 3:29 PM.
You know for me pools, pond tools or even open worlds were never important. The Sims was about atmosphere, to get into a different world. And look at all the beauty. The Sky, the sun effects and all the different plants. The cartoony look gave us so much atmosphere. :lovestruc

Or this picture. For me the shades and lighnings were perfect.

Really EA how is it even possible to destroy a good artstyle in just one year?!
Lab Assistant
#11630 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:25 PM
One thing I hate is that in trailers they keep trying to give the illusion of a basement. Dark room with stairs leading up. Stop trying to trick us, EA.
One Minute Ninja'd
#11631 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Yeah, no terrain tools, so no fancy build tricks. Why have them when we can only build on flat land? So now they can charge for the Hills and Valley EP and tout it as something ! This is the advancement in Sims 4 building. #sarcasm

And their edgy marketing department will probably insist on titling it "Uncanny Valley, the EP", because uncanny valley was a trending phrase about TS4.
Field Researcher
#11632 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And their edgy marketing department will probably insist on titling it "Uncanny Valley, the EP", because uncanny valley was a trending phrase about TS4.

Uncanny Valley would be TS3 (for some players, not everyone). I don't see this at all with TS4. They way too cartoony to be even close to Uncanny Valley.
See here for explantion what Uncanny Valley is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K1Kd9mZL8g
Forum Resident
#11633 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
Are we sure that there is no terraforming?
I know that from what we have seen from the build mode UI there is no icon that resembles terraforming but one thing that I noticed in the 'game play' video is that in the park there is some terraforming

I really hope that there is... if there is not , combine that with the lack of split level foundations and there goes our creativity...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Field Researcher
#11634 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM
Just to let you know:

Official forum
SimGuruHydra:

"Subject: Last chance to sign up for early access to TS4 CAS Demo!
Hey Simmers! We will stop taking sign-ups for early access to The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo tomorrow (July 31). If you still haven't signed up for the opportunity to play before the official launch later this summer, today is your last chance".

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Field Researcher
#11635 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Wait what??? There's a new trailer???
Link please

EDIT: Never mind, already found it.

It looks like they are recycling Sims 2 objects. Look at the stove and the mirror in the bathroom with the teen(?) taking a selfie. Or are they Sims 3 objects?? Whatever, they look familiar. The bright colors are horrid!!! I am more and more convinced that their target customer is an eight-year old girl. (sigh)
Forum Resident
#11636 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
It looks like they are recycling Sims 2 objects. Look at the stove and the mirror in the bathroom with the teen(?) taking a selfie. Or are they Sims 3 objects?? Whatever, they look familiar. The bright colors are horrid!!! I am more and more convinced that their target customer is an eight-year old girl. (sigh)

I'm pretty sure there was a post from a SimGuru tweet that mentioned that there weren't any conversions from the past sims games..
The Sims 3 was full of TS2 items...
Actually I love to see objects from the past games but what I love more is new and great meshes...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Field Researcher
#11637 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightlight
Just to let you know:

Official forum
SimGuruHydra:

"Subject: Last chance to sign up for early access to TS4 CAS Demo!
Hey Simmers! We will stop taking sign-ups for early access to The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo tomorrow (July 31). If you still haven't signed up for the opportunity to play before the official launch later this summer, today is your last chance".

Really? What about those of us who signed up as soon as they announced it and still haven't gotten it? EA is a bunch of losers! They remind me of my ex-husband. Promise the world and deliver nothing!!!
Lab Assistant
#11638 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:52 PM
But guys maby there is hope. Modders are awesome and see what Sims 3 could look after 3 years: :lovestruc

Field Researcher
#11639 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:54 PM

How many people would guess that she's an elder if her hair was brown instead?
Instructor
#11640 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manueldog
But guys maby there is hope. Modders are awesome and see what Sims 3 could look after 3 years: :lovestruc
-snip-

In all those pics the focus is not on a single lot, but on the world itself - as far as we know, there's slim chance that a tool such as CAW will be available due to the design and restrictiveness of the game. So even though I believe in our modding community and admire them, enabling world creation might turn out to be a task equal to creating the game from scratch.
#11641 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:03 PM
You know for me pools, pond tools or even open worlds were never important. The Sims was about atmosphere, to get into a different world. And look at all the beauty. The Sky, the sun effects and all the different plants. The cartoony look gave us so much atmosphere. :lovestruc

ewww bullshit
Field Researcher
#11642 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:11 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 30th Jul 2014 at 4:56 PM. Reason: Gifs and stuff in spoiler tags please.

MY EYESS!!!

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Field Researcher
#11643 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:13 PM

It looks freaking the same!! The Bloom 4 - Play with even more bloom than your eyes can stand. Available on 4th september if you trade in your soul for a premium membership.
Forum Resident
#11644 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:15 PM

With that radioactive looking grass? You trippin' gurl?

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Field Researcher
#11645 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, because TS3 looked good from the start. TS4 looks horrible from the start.
To make TS4 look like that would be months of work I think. You'll ave to change every texture in the game to more realistic ones, for example the grass and not flat green baby poop.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#11646 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM
I'm wondering how those CC eyelashes managed to magically have alpha in that mesh, as the EA mesh does not. Unless they are painted on eyeliner rather than a mesh?
Banned
#11647 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 30th Jul 2014 at 4:56 PM. Reason: Gifs and stuff in spoiler tags please.
sims 4 be like
Field Researcher
#11648 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
New trailer, just in Russian at the moment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJOwZA6Jsm8

Why does everything look like plastic???? it's so uglyyyy

Quote: Originally posted by alverdine
Nice that they're finally showcasing children a little more though. Wonder when the English version will be released because I'm curious about what the writing says.

English Version of that video - uploaded today, it seems.

I only went away from three days and when I came back there were 50 more pages in the thread! I guess I didn't realise how many times a day I checked the thread previously... still, there doesn't seem to have been much new information out. I don't suppose there's any word on the genetics system yet?

One thing I am hugely, hugely excited for though is the MODS. I can't believe people are bringing them out already! I'm hoping to get into modding for this game and make some of my own outfits, I can't wait to start practising, if only I had the demo... :P

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
Field Researcher
#11649 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Yep. It's gone.

Well that sucks, If I remember correctly in the Live Gameplay Demo, Simguru Ryan said "The builder always win."
HE LIESS!!!

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Alchemist
#11650 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 4:21 PM
So, why are we having brain scans in the upper right corner?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnu...be_gdata_player
Locked thread
Page 466 of 920