Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12026 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 5:52 AM
Must have been a slow news day and the ones they interviewed sound forced, maybe un-natural in their excitement. Might just be me. Good night, this old girl is tired.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#12027 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
I'm "in love" :lovestruc with my sim

Cute!!!
Theorist
#12028 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:32 AM
Caught this from that ABC video

It's not much, but at first I thought it was some sort of map view/edit town thingy, then I realized it was build mode, however the significance is that it's one of the neighborhoods in Willow Creek we haven't seen? At least from that angle?
Instructor
#12029 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:36 AM
Regarding the alpha hair picture (here), my main concern is always the weird, shiny custom textures that I just can't stand. I'm really hoping shock&shame gets to make some hair retextures this time around too. I think their textures would look nice on TS4 hair. Although, we'll have to see. Example here .

I wonder why CC creators don't ever mix solid-textured meshes with alpha-textured meshes. For example. I think that gives the hair more shape overall.

And on another note, adorable cute little kids will turn out to be horrifying "teenagers". Why did I ever think otherwise? And don't get me started on those babies...

Quote: Originally posted by Flayne
It looks like someone just put a real-life texture onto those dresses, which was sort of tolerable in TS3, but with the super cartoony graphics it just seems weird and out of place.

Completely agree. Even in TS3 I had to carefully select the CC just because of their custom textures.
Lab Assistant
#12030 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:43 AM
http://simsvip.com/2014/07/31/abc-n...ntent-creation/

I'm a little confused when the video says "...and it's this custom content creation that has a lot of these players really looking forward to the game at launch."

I'm assuming that the video is not actually talking about "custom content" and it is only referencing the creations made during the camp.

Am I right in assuming that? Makes me wonder if the gallery will actually support genuine custom content..

Side Note: Does anyone else feel as if this idea was a way for EA to add a lot of extra content into the game without having to do any work themselves?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12031 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by manii24
I wonder why CC creators don't ever mix solid-textured meshes with alpha-textured meshes. For example. I think that gives the hair more shape overall.

They often do, usually in exactly the same sort of way that Second Life hair does - more solid parts for the bulk of the hair, alpha parts for detail.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#12032 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miggs1123
http://simsvip.com/2014/07/31/abc-n...ntent-creation/

I'm a little confused when the video says "...and it's this custom content creation that has a lot of these players really looking forward to the game at launch."

I'm assuming that the video is not actually talking about "custom content" and it is only referencing the creations made during the camp.

Am I right in assuming that? Makes me wonder if the gallery will actually support genuine custom content..

Side Note: Does anyone else feel as if this idea was a way for EA to add a lot of extra content into the game without having to do any work themselves?

Considering they seem to have cut every corner they could in the game, it wouldn't be surprising if the gallery is their cop out for have half empty games with little content. Supposedly there is no CC blocker in the gallery, just the blind faith of the comments section. The safest bet will be to not use the gallery or only download from trusted creators.

The thing that stood out to me in the video was when they said the game wasn't finished yet.
Instructor
#12033 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
They often do, usually in exactly the same sort of way that Second Life hair does - more solid parts for the bulk of the hair, alpha parts for detail.

Interesting. I don't think I've ever come across any.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12034 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:04 AM
Actually the babies look more realistic than in previous Sims games. The thing is, they were cuted up before, now they look like everyone's common and garden baby - most of whom don't look all that attractive at all unless we are their parent or grandparent

As for the kids - they look just like mini adults. Fortunately you can tell them apart by their height.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#12035 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:07 AM

I'm thinking that should be renamed to "May the farce be with you."

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Instructor
#12036 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim
The thing that stood out to me in the video was when they said the game wasn't finished yet.

Really, did he say that? All I got out of it was that the reporter's name was Barry White.

So they listened to the feedback about nekkid babies after they released that LGBT pride render, but went and made the new onesie a fugly green. What's wrong with white, is it not weird enough? Also, only two normal skin tones for babies, light and medium. No dark? So if two dark skinned parents have a bub it's going to be white until it pops up into a black kid?
This game is completely perplexing.
Mad Poster
#12037 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:28 AM
I had to go stare at my baby son for a while to get the images of those things out of my head.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Alchemist
#12038 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:30 AM
So the babies now finally have clothes? But from what I've seen, there's only one variation of baby clothing. Is this another laziness?

Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

It's not much, but at first I thought it was some sort of map view/edit town thingy, then I realized it was build mode, however the significance is that it's one of the neighborhoods in Willow Creek we haven't seen? At least from that angle?

I don't think it matters whichever angle we see Willow Creek is from. It's not like Willow Creek has anything special now, other than toiletless gym, bros residence, and onions that only grow there.

Just call me Nikel
Inventor
#12039 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:30 AM
Argh, when the link for the creators camp vid said Custom Content, I thought they meant they were playing with Bodyshop, or making objects or something. What a disappointment for a girl honestly!
I just want to slap whoever spewed those words out

On a related note, I wonder if the baby could be improved by a default replacement skin or something?

Also, I wonder how easy it could be (or not) to free up the slider limits for the fine detailing in CAS?

And that Star Wars theme official render just illustrates another problem for me regarding teens and adults being the same height...does look like a YA Han is asking Teen Leia if she's legal yet
(remember that whole sordid countdown to being old enough tabloid newspaper type thing with Emma Watson?...yeah that sprang to mind)
Lab Assistant
#12040 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Its just this part of Willow Creek:
Field Researcher
#12041 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manueldog
Its just this part of Willow Creek:

Man I hate those cloud

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Instructor
#12042 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:01 AM
If I buy sims 4 I will use those rockets to launch the demon-possesed babies...or atleast pray for that grill pescado made for sims 2,it will be a blast.

Those babies...trust me,are chucky children,born in silent hill. You know how they say for chucky: ''kill it with fire...or rockets''.
Lab Assistant
#12043 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:09 AM
So guys Sims 4 would be look like this, if we had 2013 again. Do you like it? :lovestruc

EDIT: Do you ever saw this?!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#12044 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:15 AM
I paid $30 for Prison Architect, and I get ALL updates including new features free from now on. The total cost of The Sims gets more alarming every time I think about it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#12045 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Manueldog
So guys Sims 4 would be look like this, if we had 2013 again. Do you like it? :lovestruc

It's so pretty and cute and non-bloom! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#12046 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I paid $30 for Prison Architect, and I get ALL updates including new features free from now on. The total cost of The Sims gets more alarming every time I think about it.

Prison Architect is awsome! It's so much fun to play.

Back to those weird babies:

I'm probably crasping at straws, but there is something on this babies onesie, that seems to be missing on the other one. Or maybe it is just this angle.Their two noses look slightly different, too. Or I want to see those things.
Lab Assistant
#12047 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:15 AM
Hey guuiiiise ~
I don't remember from my recent lurking if this has already been mentioned, but Origin made a FAQ tab for TS4, and I noticed this. For Mac users:
Quote:
Will the Sims 4 be available on Mac?
Maxis is currently focused on making the PC version the best it can be. There are no plans for a Mac version at this time.

It's like they started out with, "YEAH, of course it'll be available for Mac!" and then...

"Mac users might have to wait a tad bit longer..."

"...uh, no update at the moment."

And now this. If any Mac users are still hopeful for this game, I think this is them officially saying you are gonna have to wait quiiiite a while .__.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12048 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xythenol
Hey guuiiiise ~
I don't remember from my recent lurking if this has already been mentioned, but Origin made a FAQ tab for TS4, and I noticed this. For Mac users:

It's like they started out with, "YEAH, of course it'll be available for Mac!" and then...

"Mac users might have to wait a tad bit longer..."

"...uh, no update at the moment."

And now this. If any Mac users are still hopeful for this game, I think this is them officially saying you are gonna have to wait quiiiite a while .__.

It's another part of their Things Change™ campaign.

At least there's always Bootcamp, although TBH, I think the Mac crowd is dodging a bullet not being able to buy this DOA game. They can sit back and watch the carnage until either the community turns it into something worth playing, or EA gets their act together and gets the feature set filled out (and the bloom corrected).
Inventor
#12049 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:25 AM
I had a play in photoshop and tried to make a less scary baby based on the photo of the little girl with the puffs hair in the family pics. Hopefully it's not too freaky, I was expecting more this kind of thing for babies and toddlers...please excuse the hasty job I did though

Instructor
#12050 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 11:54 AM
So we're officially one month away from the release and we still know next to nothing about the game... Except for the tactile CAS and EMOTIONSSSSSS!!!
Locked thread
Page 482 of 920