Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1401 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 2:56 AM
Oh, it's like real food now lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#1402 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 6:43 AM Last edited by Captain THPS4 : 11th Nov 2013 at 9:09 AM.
Oh wow, I'm surprised the corn could already be fully unlocked. That's even shadier than I first thought. Maybe we're getting the corn for real as soon as the next set comes out. I had a feeling the corn stalks would look great so I'm looking forward to it. I think the popcorn machine idea may be just the thing it'll come with.

Edit: Tried the mod and I'm getting the missing object resource thing too when placing from buydebug. I don't have the ingredients overhaul mod installed.
Theorist
#1403 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 2:05 AM
OK I also don't have the ingredients overhaul mod; missing map tags were from a missing NRASS mod, so no mod conflict as far as I can tell.

I had a sim buy the corn from the grocery and told him to plant it in an indoor planter (it's Fall in my game) and he got a jump bug and was reset. So I've tried planting it from buydebug and planting it from the Store, and no go for me on the corn mod.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Inventor
#1404 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 2:47 AM
@Captain THPS4, @tangie0906

I don't know what is happening. I mean, it works for most of the people but I don't know why it doesn't for others. Technically, it's a very simple (Ingredients, Plants) XML mod and it's supposed to work in everybody's game.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1405 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 11:10 AM
I don't have the ingredients overhaul mod either, but the corn is a no go for me. I get the white spawner box when I tried to place it.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#1406 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 11:27 AM
@lewisb40
hmmm.... I don't have the Ingredient Overhaul Mod and my corn stalk is showed up in my game...
Try replacing your ccmerged.package with this one maybe? Because whenever a new Premium Content is released, I always replacing the ccmerged.package to make sure it work perfectly.

Me back after a long hiatus :)
#1407 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 12:58 AM
Old sets but now are on sale.

-Waning Moon
-Happily Ever After
-Safari Living Set
-Edwardian Expression Kitchen Set
-November 2011 Compilation Set
-Frontiers Finds Kitchen and Dining
-Frontiers Finds

And several individual items.

http://store.thesims3.com/sale.html...ntent=TS3+Store

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Mad Poster
#1408 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 12:51 AM

FINALLY! Architecture! I'm not exactly sure how much use it'll be (since there are very few Russian builds and worlds, along side many of the other themed sets), but at least architecture's getting some sort of recognition, so I guess I should be happy about that.

One Minute Ninja'd
#1409 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

FINALLY! Architecture! I'm not exactly sure how much use it'll be (since there are very few Russian builds and worlds, along side many of the other themed sets), but at least architecture's getting some sort of recognition, so I guess I should be happy about that.

Ooh, I always wanted my sim to rule and live in the Kremlin. I hope they give us a working Lubyanka, and not just make it a RH with torture tones. And finally, a reason to have all that snow! And all those tall, willowy blondes!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1410 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:13 AM
As of recent the Store team seems to have got a team member who is obsessed with roof decorations. Something that I totally appreciate, while my ghost hunters despair.

Edit: Tall, willowy blondes? From my stay in Soviet Russia I remember only short, dark-haired and plump ones that were slightly drunk already in the morning.
Mad Poster
#1411 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:17 AM
I wished they'd make stuff that wasn't so niche.

Honestly, how much mileage will these roof pieces. The onion dome will get the most use of all the bits, but the rest, I worry about. People just don't build these kind of buildings, and I don't think there's going to a massive influx of Russian Style buildings.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1412 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:22 AM
Thanks very much Matrix for the update. About the set...meh. I will be interested in seeing how it can be used by others in the sims community.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
#1413 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:24 AM
Well, eclecticism rules! One of my favourite buildings is Baron's Palace in Cairo. It's sort of the incarnation of niche and I have no problem at all placing WA buildings from Egypt in Sunset Valley or Midnight Hollow. But anyway, the building on the left of that picture at least looks more like a rabbithole, no?
Inventor
#1414 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:33 AM
Maybe, the Premium Content will be a distillery machine. This way we can use the Corn to produce high quality Vodka.
Top Secret Researcher
#1415 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
Maybe, the Premium Content will be a distillery machine. This way we can use the Corn to produce high quality Vodka.

I thought vodka was made from potatoes?
#1416 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 1:46 AM Last edited by babele44 : 20th Nov 2013 at 2:11 AM.
That's one of the lovely features of AwesomeMod, by the way, it allows you to use potatoes in the nectar maker but real vodka is actually mostly made from grains - rye and wheat being the most common. Potatoes only come second after these.
Mad Poster
#1417 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 3:27 AM
There's a huge amount of Russian simmers that make BEAUTIFUL lots. Of course, if you download them they're completely unplayable because those beautiful lots have 38948934894389 items of CC. But you know. Pretty. For the rest of us . . . I can't see myself getting interested in this.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#1418 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
And all those tall, willowy blondes!

They said Russia. Do you know what Russia is? Scratch that. In Soviet Russia, blondes willow you!
Quote: Originally posted by rian90

Most vodkas are made from grain. It's essentially watered-down ethanol. You could almost run your car on it. Could probably run a Lada on it. Vodka is ghetto booze.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
One Minute Ninja'd
#1419 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Edit: Tall, willowy blondes? From my stay in Soviet Russia I remember only short, dark-haired and plump ones that were slightly drunk already in the morning.

I'm not referring to the Russian women who got stuck, unable to leave Russia. I'm talking about the exceptionally attractive, albeit amazingly high maintenance, women who have left Mother Russia for warmer climates, and New York shopping sprees. They would think you're being so sweet and thoughtful if you placed one of those onion domes over their master bedroom suite.

However, I'm confused. Mother Russia is a Store set, not a Store world? I'm thinking The Sims does Moscow, and you're really talking about a Store set of some onion dome roofs and a bunch of Matryoshka dolls? That sure dampened my excitement real fast.
#1420 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 9:19 AM
This new Store wonder will contain two new harvestables, beetroot and cabbage, and if you already own the cow shed this will enable you to unlock a new recipe - borshch - and a new mini-game: how much borshch will it take to turn your willowy blonde into the outer shell of a Matryoshka doll?
Inventor
#1421 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90

It's a joke.
Alchemist
#1422 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 10:39 AM
Mother Russia?
I will enjoy putting the LGBT flag all over the place.
Inventor
#1423 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I'm not referring to the Russian women who got stuck, unable to leave Russia. I'm talking about the exceptionally attractive, albeit amazingly high maintenance, women who have left Mother Russia for warmer climates, and New York shopping sprees. They would think you're being so sweet and thoughtful if you placed one of those onion domes over their master bedroom suite.

However, I'm confused. Mother Russia is a Store set, not a Store world? I'm thinking The Sims does Moscow, and you're really talking about a Store set of some onion dome roofs and a bunch of Matryoshka dolls? That sure dampened my excitement real fast.

Did they have a propensity to smack their kids, cause they are possibly Ukranian It seems to be a form of sport to them.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Scholar
#1424 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 11:57 AM
Russia?.....meh...Not fan of that country.
P.S hey wait...they could add vodka drinking into set,cuz it's real tradition there."If russian don't drink vodka,he isn't russian"
Top Secret Researcher
#1425 Old 20th Nov 2013 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
It's a joke.

I know..as was my response. However, did some research (out of curiosity) and actually only a few vodka's are made from potatoes these days. Most are from grains, including corn. I was actually impressed by your superior knowledge until I saw "it's a joke." I am still impressed by your modding skills so no worries.

I love Russian culture and spend some time there during college (Soviet Union days). The people are interesting, lively, and unique. However, not sure I have any use for onion domes. Nice for builders though. I would have preferred some more farming stuff.
Page 57 of 124