Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#176 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
My guess is it will really just be another attempt by EA to force more crappily designed and poorly executed CAS items into my game because the world will be bundled up with a lot of crap I would hate.

Can I call 'em or what? Loaded with female sim hair and dresses that are not as good as player made stuff. And to top it off, it's another 'we can't sell it for sim points because that would be against that imaginary law we made up on Crystal Meth Tuesday' dealio.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#177 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 2:29 AM
My main query with the roller coaster is whether those two sims on the loop have the 'shitting myself' moodlet considering they have nothing but a flimsy bar to cling to D: It looks like the type of ride that would go so slow it wouldn't even make it around the loop...
Mad Poster
#178 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 3:45 AM
i wonder if you can die from a rollercoaster ride, lol. i hope there are different speeds you can set for it.
Mad Poster
#179 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i wonder if you can die from a rollercoaster ride, lol. i hope there are different speeds you can set for it.

I'm wondering this too

I'm actually quite excited about the restorable car, even if it's only one type but I hope somebody mods it to work on all cars. I really liked that functionality in TS2. I just hope it's not just a 5min paint job that sims do but more stuff. I don't trust the store team to give me quality which is why I hate when I get excited about their stuff.

The mountain world could be the next world that comes out, didn't somebody say there is 3 more spots for worlds in the code? If this is one of these, it means we are still getting two.
Alchemist
#180 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:06 AM
All the large buildings you see in the screenshots are rabbit holes. They are all oversized, IMO. Rabbit hole is an excuse since there's no way for us to have architectural buildings like those. I had hoped those were shells since we could furnish inside, but nope.

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
World is listed in the Store now, too: http://store.thesims3.com/roaringhe...ategoryId=12642
Two (!) male hairs, all with hats

There's only one male hairstyle. :/ The second one is the same hairstyle, but for elder.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#181 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:12 AM
Relevant to that inevitable class action suit they call a roller coaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGK8ezytHNs
Field Researcher
#182 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
All the large buildings you see in the screenshots are rabbit holes. They are all oversized, IMO. Rabbit hole is an excuse since there's no way for us to have architectural buildings like those. I had hoped those were shells since we could furnish inside, but nope.

Yeah, just as I predicted, those Big Building ARE Rabbit Hole...
I guess NO Apartment Shell Building for me

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Test Subject
#183 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:41 AM
I'm actually kind of impressed with this world and like that it's the first urban world we have since Bridgeport. The fancy, high class theme definitely fits my tastes. Unfortunately, yet again, the price tag is preposterous. Oh well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it at some point. Maybe when the price drops to about half of what it is (I'm thinking in about 5 years or something :P)
Retired
retired moderator
#184 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:46 AM
Matrix, you know what this world means I hope to do over the summer before my internship starts, don't you?

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#185 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I'm wondering this too

I'm actually quite excited about the restorable car, even if it's only one type but I hope somebody mods it to work on all cars. I really liked that functionality in TS2. I just hope it's not just a 5min paint job that sims do but more stuff. I don't trust the store team to give me quality which is why I hate when I get excited about their stuff.

well, there was one 'restorable' car in ts2 but no one seemed to have modded it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#186 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Matrix, you know what this world means I hope to do over the summer before my internship starts, don't you?

I've been waiting...

Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
well, there was one 'restorable' car in ts2 but no one seemed to have modded it.

Because it didn't need one. It looked like crap, but we appropriate for the, usually, middle class life that is auto repair. Total repair on luxury cars is... a luxury. A lemon (I think it was that kind of car), however, was great for a starter car when it came to repair. It just made sense. While the luxury car also makes sense, when you move the car to modern times, it's simply too fancy.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#187 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 4:58 PM
Dunno if this has already been posted, but it looks like we can actually open the doors to cars now...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/11059359774/

...Titanium white...
Theorist
#188 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Dunno if this has already been posted, but it looks like we can actually open the doors to cars now...

Was thinking that yesterday when I saw 'rev engine' interaction.
To me this proves the power of moaning and moaning repeatedly about something.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#189 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji

I think it's only that car. Gives me a sad face.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#190 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I think it's only that car. Gives me a sad face.

Which still begs the question of why they can't do all this for the other cars...or for the TS4 cars...the cars that we haven't seen yet but already know the doors can't open
Top Secret Researcher
#191 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hot Stuff
I'm actually kind of impressed with this world and like that it's the first urban world we have since Bridgeport.

What makes you think it won't be flagged as a suburb?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#192 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:33 PM
I'm really interested in this world, it looks like TS3 team put creativity and effort into it and I always wanted a Harlem Renaissance-like world and even though this world isn't that urban, the decade is pretty similar.
Test Subject
#193 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:37 PM
I'm so down for this world. Don't care if I have to buy it, I LOVE all the vintage stuff they've been putting out. I've already got the Jazz Age sets and they're really well done. For whatever reason, CC does not work in my game, so I do buy certain store items.

This world I'll be buying...even though the style is predominantly 30's while it's suggested that this world is set in the 20's and that drives me insane. Roaring Falls? 20's. A boardwalk ala Boardwalk Empire? 20's. Either way, I'm still going to create an ugly as sin Nucky Thompson and make him lord over the place. Bwaha.
Field Researcher
#194 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I don't know whether to be excited or not. This hype was with every world before but the PC sucked...

On a side note, thank God we're getting another world, we haven't had one in ages. Seriously though, store fans we're like 'OMG I've been waiting for this [Midnight Hollow] for so long! i can't wait to play it!' and after it was released 'When's the next world coming?', 'When will I get to waste waste my $40 again?'.

Edit: Oh, the Capp family is returning, they're on vacation for the rest of their lives.

About this picture. Is this roundabout founctional? Can it spin?

it would be great if the roundabout can spin when the music's playing like real one.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 8:40 PM
^It could be like the one that was with Midnight Hollow, it was just built with spring riders to look like a carousel but it wasn't really. A real one would be a pleasant surprise though and it would fit with the amusement ride theme of course. That would be a piece of PC I'd actually like if done well.
Scholar
#196 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 9:56 PM
This is more extensive than I thought
https://twitter.com/SimGuruCopeland...8/photo/1/large

According to Copeland:
Quote:
Between multiple columns, flags, track pieces and cart, the RC is around 15-20 pieces. WAY bigger than anything we've ever done.
Theorist
#197 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 10:16 PM
Will these coasters have speed settings you think?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#198 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 10:53 PM
I darn well hope so. I want more townie deaths than a nine-year-old's first Roller Coaster Tycoon park.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#199 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zaika.dobraia
I'm so down for this world. Don't care if I have to buy it, I LOVE all the vintage stuff they've been putting out. I've already got the Jazz Age sets and they're really well done. For whatever reason, CC does not work in my game, so I do buy certain store items.

This world I'll be buying...even though the style is predominantly 30's while it's suggested that this world is set in the 20's and that drives me insane. Roaring Falls? 20's. A boardwalk ala Boardwalk Empire? 20's. Either way, I'm still going to create an ugly as sin Nucky Thompson and make him lord over the place. Bwaha.

:lovestruc
Already making Nucky with his brother Eli, the wife and kids. Thinking about about adding Lucky Luciano, Al Capone, John Torrio, Joe Messeria and Bugsy Siegel. Chalky, Purnsley, Dr. Narcisse, Daughter will regal from the other side of town, all of them will be the criminal element. Wish I had a face mask for Richard Harrow, but I will create him as the buffer of good in town.
Some see Steve Buscemi as unattractive, but I think he is sexy as hell, especially as Nucky. Yep, I would do that.

Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
This is more extensive than I thought
https://twitter.com/SimGuruCopeland...8/photo/1/large

According to Copeland:

OK, calling all the talented lot builders to create a more extensive boardwalk lot. One off the shores to be precise. I will be looking at you!!!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#200 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 11:48 PM
I have not seen working rollercoaster type items since sims 1, and the poses look the same to the ones in that game.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Page 8 of 20