Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#276 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:32 PM
Default Amusement Park hoods.
I called this a year ago.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...25#startcomment
It's far more desirable in my opinion to have a hood completely dedicated to amusement park rather than 'mostly skyscraper' style of Roaring Heights.
There's lot's of theme park stuff like stalls, show stages, arcades, fancy pools, resorts, and now roller coasters. Enough to make a whole hood out of it, for sure.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#277 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
It's far more desirable in my opinion to have a hood completely dedicated to amusement park rather than 'mostly skyscraper' style of Roaring Heights.
There's lot's of theme park stuff like stalls, show stages, arcades, fancy pools, resorts, and now roller coasters. Enough to make a whole hood out of it, for sure.

you could do it yourself, then. store worlds only contain base game content and stuff that comes with the world.
One Minute Ninja'd
#278 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 9:58 PM
There's nothing to stop you from making several lots for entertainment using the items provided. You could make a Disney themed park lot with a roller coaster, maybe the haunted house; a sports park, with a half pipe, ice rink, soccer nets, and whatnot, that says available year round (and I've done it, and the skate rinks and half pipe work fine in all seasons, so you can snowboard in Summer if you like); and a more "traditional "festival themed park. All the pieces are there to put things together however you wish.
Field Researcher
#279 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
There's nothing to stop you from making several lots for entertainment using the items provided. You could make a Disney themed park lot with a roller coaster, maybe the haunted house; a sports park, with a half pipe, ice rink, soccer nets, and whatnot, that says available year round (and I've done it, and the skate rinks and half pipe work fine in all seasons, so you can snowboard in Summer if you like); and a more "traditional "festival themed park. All the pieces are there to put things together however you wish.

The problem is we're limited to 64x64 lots...
Mad Poster
#280 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BourgeoisBanana

Why would you be limited to 64x64 lots? There are different pieces so you could build a roller coaster on whatever lot size you want using those pieces?
Theorist
#281 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:21 AM

The same rules apply if you were building an aquapark. You have to use multiple lots to really achieve the effect.

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#282 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 1:03 AM
A 100x100 would suffice, but oh my god the amount of crap that would be on one lot. :o

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#283 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 6:06 AM
You could actually make a Disney World travel destination, with different "hotels" as the home bases and nothing but entertainment community lots as far as the eye can see. There's even the monorails from Into The Future.

You could use all the different content and themes from the previous expansions to give the rides their own gimmick. The pyramid/tomb objects from World Adventures, the underwater stuff from Island Paradise, Western theme from Pets, the horror objects from Supernatural, etc. Have each rollercoaster in its own area with a similar theme, like a haunted village for the horror coaster where you could also use the haunted house from Seasons, Western town with saloons for the Western coaster, the Atlantis part has a water park, etc. Each area also has a unique hotel tailored to fit that district.

Not sure about the monorail though, have the modders unlocked it? That's actually a mod I'd really want, the ability to place a track and choose where it goes and stops. Just change its appearance to actually look like a typical elevated train and tracks you'd see now.
One Minute Ninja'd
#284 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 12:10 PM

Well, that inherent limit is unlikely to be changed, certainly by EA, or even by some intrepid modder, who's willing to provide a core change to achieve a larger lot, although with the last patches rolling out, I guess it is theoretically possible. Still, 64X64 is pretty damn big. I use a 50X50 lot for my sports park, and despite all the sports related stuff, including the half pipe, big skating rinks (roller and ice skate), climbing walls, basketball court, etc., there is still plenty of room to decorate the lot with a big fountain and room to walk around the lot. I even did it in a single building a while back, kind of like a multi-level massive Chelsea Piers type of indoor activity, and had room to spare, although I believe the half pipe room used a 3 story section (which made for nice viewing windows from the upper levels).

So I fail to see how you couldn't do a water park on a 64X64 lot. It's not like we have an Orca to house SeaWorld style to put shows on with. Besides, it would probably pull protestors concerned about the treatment of the Orcas in your park.
Top Secret Researcher
#285 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 2:57 PM

How is that a problem?
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

What's stopping you?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Theorist
#286 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer

What's stopping you?

Well, firstly my mediocre CAW skills, plus I need the CC tools in my hand to see exactly what the state of play is then I can see how possible it will be. Plus I have another 12 hoods that need my attention. :/
The final product may not be ready for years. Truth is I need a full-time employee to be able to realise even half my plans lol

#BlairWitchPetition
Top Secret Researcher
#287 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:29 PM
Wiping an existing town and replacing the lots with amusement themed lots is an option.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#288 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 4:54 PM
Thank you for the dozens of replies telling me that a 64x64 lot would suffice for a theme park, but I respectfully disagree. I've no doubt that we'll be seeing plenty of wonderful theme parks following the release of this pack, but fitting absolutely everything a realistic theme park would have onto one 64x64 lot? Not a chance.
Theorist
#289 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
Wiping an existing town and replacing the lots with amusement themed lots is an option.

Agree, this is one option. Lots of hoods could theoretically be converted. I was also thinking of doing this for an Ancient Rome hood, as I don't think anyone will release a large one.
Rollercoasters and rides could take up 20 or so lots, for an ambitious theme park. Parks and Gardens, another 15 lots, perhaps. 10 pools or so, with a handful of hotel type buildings with a few deco ferris wheels and stuff.

#BlairWitchPetition
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#290 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 6:19 PM
We can barely fit an entire estate on a 64x64 lot. Actually, we can't, you need 2 lots. If you can't fit an estate on a 64x64, you're not putting an amusement park, to scale, in a world. Even Belladonna cove had a 50x200 park composed of 4 lots.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#291 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 7:49 PM
Thank you for the dozens of replies telling me that a 64x64 lot would suffice for a theme park, but I respectfully disagree. I've no doubt that we'll be seeing plenty of wonderful theme parks following the release of this pack, but fitting absolutely everything a realistic theme park would have onto one 64x64 lot? Not a chance.

TS3 doesn't really offer that many realistic options befitting of a theme park. You only have the rollercoaster ride and some carnival games from Seasons.
Field Researcher
#292 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
TS3 doesn't really offer that many realistic options befitting of a theme park. You only have the rollercoaster ride and some carnival games from Seasons.

Roller coasters, fireworks, countless arcade games, skeeball, claw machines, whack-a-gnome, roller/ice skating, pools, cafes, restaurants, photo booths, cinemas, not to mention the fact that 50% of most theme parks is just pretty landscaping. I've seen pretty convincing aquariums and merry-go-rounds made as well. Hell, you could even make a friggin lazy river using CAW and the swan boats from Island Paradise.

There's more than enough resources in the game to make a convincing theme park if you use a little creativity.
Field Researcher
#293 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 9:54 PM
http://sims3-modeli.ucoz.ru/forum/22-174-6#13733

There's this as well.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
#294 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 10:47 PM
Roller coasters, fireworks, countless arcade games, skeeball, claw machines, whack-a-gnome, roller/ice skating, pools, cafes, restaurants, photo booths, cinemas, not to mention the fact that 50% of most theme parks is just pretty landscaping. I've seen pretty convincing aquariums and merry-go-rounds made as well. Hell, you could even make a friggin lazy river using CAW and the swan boats from Island Paradise.

There's more than enough resources in the game to make a convincing theme park if you use a little creativity.

The roller coaster is still the main attraction and you need to build the amusement park around it. Without it, it's just like a festival lot.
Scholar
#295 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:00 AM

Yeah agreed. if you wanted a proper amusement park area in a normal hood I'd imagine you'd have to use a few large lots just placed together and designed to look like one area to get the right effect.
One Minute Ninja'd
#296 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We can barely fit an entire estate on a 64x64 lot. Actually, we can't, you need 2 lots. If you can't fit an estate on a 64x64, you're not putting an amusement park, to scale, in a world. Even Belladonna cove had a 50x200 park composed of 4 lots.

Well, look. even Disney World isn't one BIG park. It's a bunch of parks clustered together. There's EPCOT, the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and a couple of water parks. Any time I've done the "Disney" trip (or Universal, which was better when she was a few years older) we planned our day out around A park. Which rides were musts, which were would be nice, which ones were meh. We'd get there in the morning and use the then new method of reserving ride times, so you could go around and do other stuff before and between the attractions. Worked fine. Even Disney Village, with the overpriced shopping and expensive themed restaurants was it's own destination for your evening donation to the Disney coffers. Each "venue" was "located" on their own "lot".

So even if you took the big house area of SV, knocked out the homes (I know, a sacrilege to displace the Alto's and the Landgrabb's, but too fucking bad), and you've got a group of 3 60X60 lots, with a 64X64 central anchor lot for your amusement world zone. And if you took ALL the stuff 3 has from all the EPs and Store content that could possibly relate to amusement activities (and I'll even throw in a big ass pool for the surfing with sea lions thing the Store has) and I bet you still wouldn't fill up all 4 of those lots to the degree it couldn't be made attractive, and have room for food stands, a restaurant/cafeteria, and maybe even a resort for simmies to stay in to visit the parks all around them.

Would a 200X200 lot be easier to create? Maybe. But your sims will have to be allowed to cheat and teleport from one end of the park to the other if you just put all the porta potty's in one location in the back of the lot, or there will be lots of puddles to clean up (a lesson I learned in Roller Coaster Tycoon, back in the day).
Field Researcher
#297 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:34 AM
A new screenshot just released today showing an apartment...

Image from SimsVIP

It appears they using a shell (or an huge objects??) on top a normal building

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Alchemist
#298 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 11:56 AM
I love shell building. I really do. But on a closer inspection, it does look more like a huge object stacked on top of a flat roof. How deceptive! I hope I was wrong though. I'd like it better if they actually bothered creating a new shell building for Store World.

It seems that the beach is lifeguard-friendly. The lot is touching the sea. Also, I notice a boardwalk over there. It looks nice, but I thought deck over water isn't toddler-friendly?

Just call me Nikel
One Minute Ninja'd
#299 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
A new screenshot just released today showing an apartment...

Image from SimsVIP

It appears they using a shell (or an huge objects??) on top a normal building

Is it just me, or does the scale of those rooms look totally wrong? I've never seen EA develop a residence with bedrooms that huge before.
Alchemist
#300 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Is it just me, or does the scale of those rooms look totally wrong? I've never seen EA develop a residence with bedrooms that huge before.

Somehow it reminds me of the way I build a house. Everything is square. My Sims live in a boxed house. And there's a lot of wasted space.

Just call me Nikel
Page 12 of 20