Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#401 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 10:53 PM
picture time..

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 10:56 PM
Whoa, that water...

The trash cans are cool though.
Mad Poster
#403 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 11:56 PM
i can show you the mail box too, if you want.
Forum Resident
#404 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:09 AM
The freaking water isn't deep enough to put diving lot down... This is supposed to be 1920's Miami correct? Why would they add all that water and space and not allow us to put diving lots into the world? Who in the hell comes up with the design plans for these worlds?? Btw, the water is deep enough in Lucky Palms to add diving lots... That's stupid ass hell!!! smh
Mad Poster
#405 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 3:26 AM
for the record, i'm using a default replacement water. i think it's isla paradiso.
Scholar
#406 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 3:45 AM
thanks for all the pics...i just got the venue...looks good cant wait to try it out
Mad Poster
#407 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 4:53 AM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 13th Dec 2013 at 5:04 AM.
I ended up just getting the venue also, but I've discovered an unexpected side effect. It triggered a vague childhood memory of riding a rickety roller coaster, not much different than these, with some old man I didn't even know. We rode that roller coaster 53 times that day. (I never did find out what the rest of the amusement park looked like.) So now, watching my sim ride the roller coaster, I can't stop myself from counting how many times she's been on the ride. "1...2...3...NO don't go home...again, again!...4...5..." The obsession returns.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Alchemist
#408 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 5:17 AM
How slow is the restorable car restored? And how many premade roller coasters are there in the world?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#409 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 5:59 AM
there are two different rollercoasters on the venue lot. not sure about the car.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#410 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
How slow is the restorable car restored? And how many premade roller coasters are there in the world?
It's SLOW. a default speed of 18. There is already a mod to make it go faster: http://scarletsims-creations.blogsp...-upper-car.html
Field Researcher
#411 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:25 AM
It just me or the restore-able car when it complete is VERY similiar to one with Supernatural EP?

One of my sim expression when riding the rollercoaster

and look what i found when i am editing the "Palm tree club" ....

Sims 4 easter egg at the city hall

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#412 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
It's SLOW. a default speed of 18. There is already a mod to make it go faster: http://scarletsims-creations.blogsp...-upper-car.html
18? If I remember it right that's slower than the Sloppy Jalopy! It's the speed of all those hybrids by Renault from the Store.
Field Researcher
#413 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 9:16 AM
Official Roaring Heights festival lot is available to download.

I've always wanted to ask this - Does anyone know why are they only releasing official Seasons lot for the store worlds; why not officially releasing lots from other expansions which would also suit well the world's theme (tombs, consignment stores, junkyards, salons, clubs, lounges, bars...)?

This is one of the reasons I prefer custom worlds. Base game store worlds always feel incomplete, despite new gameplay objects they provide.
Field Researcher
#414 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.y.s.t.A.n.g.e.l
Does anyone know why are they only releasing official Seasons lot for the store worlds; why not officially releasing lots from other expansions which would also suit well the world's theme (tombs, consignment stores, junkyards, salons, clubs, lounges, bars...)?

This is one of the reasons I prefer custom worlds. Base game store worlds always feel incomplete, despite new gameplay objects they provide.

umm... maybe because Festival Lot is difficult to create for "people" at the Official Forum...?

Me back after a long hiatus :)
dodgy builder
#415 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 10:20 AM
... with straight and curved sections 6 and 7 tiles long, you need a big lot for this thing. I only have a 40x40 lot. Great someone already made a speed mod lol.

Not to mention the walk on section being 18 tiles long.
Mad Poster
#416 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 5:00 PM
I like the 8x8 round rug that comes with the venue. I didn't realize it had one until I bought it. My favorite rug in the Sims Medieval is that huge round rug, and I never got around to see if anyone converted it for the Sims 3 or not.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#417 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 11:00 PM
The smallest roller coaster one can make is 32x14. D:

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#418 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.y.s.t.A.n.g.e.l
Official Roaring Heights festival lot is available to download.
I've always wanted to ask this - Does anyone know why are they only releasing official Seasons lot for the store worlds; why not officially releasing lots from other expansions which would also suit well the world's theme (tombs, consignment stores, junkyards, salons, clubs, lounges, bars...)?

The making of festival lots started back when Monte Vista came out because it came out not long after Seasons and everyone begged for a festival lot. Thankfully SimGuruGraham was kind enough to make one in his spare time and they kept doing it ever since. There are world creation sharing threads AznSensei made in the store forums which link to many good lots and other creations that go with store worlds, I visit those pretty often.

I'm personally loving Roaring Heights so far. There's lots of well-designed lots (I love the ones that stand out on the water, especially the stadium) and I'm impressed how many SHT items were included in the boardwalk venue. There's some really good potential spots for houseboats, especially at the criminal warehouse where there's already piers included. The world does seem to lag a bit though, and it's terrible that none of the islands except one can be built on. What's the point of the extra space?

It may still top Lucky Palms for me though. Here's some pictures and my let's play: http://youtu.be/sQDGtcElwsg

Mad Poster
#419 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 5:20 AM
@Captain THPS4 that girls' teal hair reminds me of lady gaga's hair in "the lady is a tramp" with tony bennett :p
In the Arena
retired moderator
#420 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
The world does seem to lag a bit though
Routing issues?!? Gasp! Shock and Awe!

No way! EA tests for these things you know...
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#421 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Routing issues?!? Gasp! Shock and Awe!

No way! EA tests for these things you know...
Yeah, and it works like this: move a Sim into a small starter home, send them to the bathroom and if they make it before peeing themselves on the way the world is ready for release.
Forum Resident
#422 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 5:52 PM
I just want to say that the Roaring Heights library is one of the worst lots ever designed. There's hardly anything in the whole building!
Mad Poster
#423 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:52 PM
Visibly pregnant sims can't do a lot of things in this game, but apparently they can ride the roller coaster.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#424 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 6:56 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 14th Dec 2013 at 7:22 PM.
Have you seen the coaster itself. They just grab the bar and ride. No belts. Even on the loop or the large drop, they manage not to die.

The baby's fine.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Retired
retired moderator
#425 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 5:58 AM
I saved carefully to get this world so I could try to complete my ancient project Grimschurch before my internship starts up. I feel selfish doing that, given I just retired as a mod here (barely having done anything due to my course), but if I'm realistic I'll be pushing it as I have less than a month not including all the days off for family/summer activities. Even so, I don't regret buying this world - standard edition - as it's quite lovely. A bit too bright for my tastes, as usual, but the assets and rabbit holes are just what I've needed. I'm seldom this satisfied with a store purchase.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Page 17 of 20