Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 12:22 AM
Default I can't extract files with 7zip
I've been trying to use 7zip to extract custom content. I tried to extract a .rar file but when i used the extract button on 7zip it just made a compressed folder with the .rar inside. How do i get it to be a .package to use as custom content?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lostaj
I've been trying to use 7zip to extract custom content. I tried to extract a .rar file but when i used the extract button on 7zip it just made a compressed folder with the .rar inside. How do i get it to be a .package to use as custom content?

Usually you can just double click the file and drag the stuff out. If you can't do that, you need to set your associations for that file type to work with your extraction tool. (7zip in this case)

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:05 PM
Did you try right clicking the file and choosing "open with" as an option? Then choose your zip file as the program to open it with.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 4:10 PM
It sounds to me like you chose the option to add to an archive instead of extract from one.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)